Thread: Anyone else fed up with motortrend tv getting us blocked from viewing racing online?

Platform
    XBOX1

Anyone else fed up with motortrend tv getting us blocked from viewing racing online?

Motortrend TV has absolutely destroyed online viewing of racing. Everything from the PWC series,WEC series,and now the blanchpain series online viewing is blocked and locked away. They have taken it so far they are even getting the live stream on series websites blocked. I actually have to calm myself down every time I think about i will no longer be able to watch the 24 hours of spa because of this scam broken platform. How did this get so out of control we have become unable to watch racing online anymore in all these huge series?

Platform
    PC
    I Lost My Mind when Foxtel got F1 !
    I didn't miss a race since 1999 till last year when I was only able to watch every second race live ! Then this year all but the Australian GP is live , the rest are just 1hour highlights !
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :
    The following user likes this Post: kevin kirk

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I Lost My Mind when Foxtel got F1 !
    I didn't miss a race since 1999 till last year when I was only able to watch every second race live ! Then this year all but the Australian GP is live , the rest are just 1hour highlights !
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    For me F1 went to espn so i get to watch all the practices and even races with no commercial. I honestly cant believe how one scam website could destroy online viewing of racing in all these series in a span of about 3 years.How was this even allowed to happen within motorsports period? In the long run its going to kill racing because the people involved in this quick fishing for money scam know good and well that eventually sponsors are not going to keep sponsoring races people cant even watch. What was suppose to be the best thing to ever happen for motorsports fans being the internet, has been stopped in its tracks.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've said for at least a couple of years that I don't like the way they do business. When they first came out I bought a premium subscription for a year because they do cover a fairly good range but the full race is only available when it's live. I can't be up at very early hours in the mornings to catch live races from some series. I contacted them about it and they said they just can't provide full race replays at that time. Well fast forward to this year and like you said they've locked up the WEC for North America so I basically had to buy another premium subscription to get Le Mans and the WEC so I contacted them again to ask if now 2 years later did they offer full length race replays and again they told me no they do not.

If I'm paying you a premium subscription rate I darn sure better be able to watch THE FULL race whenever I want to and not some edited down 52 minute highlight package that they show on the CBS Sports Network.

I've been wondering if they will be the only place in North America that will carry the 24 Hours Of Spa and now I'm pretty sure that will be the case. I was hoping NISMO TV might have a one off but I bet that won't happen now.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    I've said for at least a couple of years that I don't like the way they do business. When they first came out I bought a premium subscription for a year because they do cover a fairly good range but the full race is only available when it's live. I can't be up at very early hours in the mornings to catch live races from some series. I contacted them about it and they said they just can't provide full race replays at that time. Well fast forward to this year and like you said they've locked up the WEC for North America so I basically had to buy another premium subscription to get Le Mans and the WEC so I contacted them again to ask if now 2 years later did they offer full length race replays and again they told me no they do not.

If I'm paying you a premium subscription rate I darn sure better be able to watch THE FULL race whenever I want to and not some edited down 52 minute highlight package that they show on the CBS Sports Network.

I've been wondering if they will be the only place in North America that will carry the 24 Hours Of Spa and now I'm pretty sure that will be the case. I was hoping NISMO TV might have a one off but I bet that won't happen now.
    CBS sports isnt even a add on option for the parts of the U.S. around me.In fact i dont even see the cbs sports app has a racing section on it at all. I tried to follow the PWC series thur motortrend TV, I think it was last year.For 60 dollars I got a broken stream that forced me to rely on the actual race replay videos. Those videos wouldnt get uploaded until 3 weeks after the race happened. That put me 3 weeks and sometimes two races behind everything like social media post about the series and so on making it just impossible to follow the series.
    Last edited by kevin kirk; 13-07-2018 at 16:06.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I feel so bad for you guys.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    I feel so bad for you guys.
    Never in a million years would i thought i would ever say this but Blanchpain not allowing fans to watch because they are from certain countries has for the moment just turned me off to GT3 racing.To make it worse they actually banned me from the facebook page for commenting about being blocked. This crap has almost made me lose my dam mind.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    CBS sports isnt even a add on option for the parts of the U.S. around me.In fact i dont even see the cbs sports app has a racing section on it at all. I tried to follow the PWC series thur motortrend TV, I think it was last year.For 60 dollars I got a broken stream that forced me to rely on the actual race replay videos. Those videos wouldnt get uploaded until 3 weeks after the race happened. That put me 3 weeks and sometimes two races behind everything like social media post about the series and so on making it just impossible to follow the series.
    It is for me the problem is its part of a 45 dollar package with channels ill never watch. I missed two good races yesterday because of these stupid channel packages.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/