Thread: Looking for additonal info on pcars Esports.

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722

Smile Looking for additonal info on pcars Esports.

So firstly please excuse the long user name I can not seem to find where I can change it. Anyway as the title suggests I am looking to find additonal info esport in pcars. I come from a well respected racing team on Forza Motorsport, I realise some of may now have permanent damage to your eyes after reading that bit lol.
    As I said a well respected team, formally GTR, now Legion GTR you can find us on twitter. we are looking to expand into new areas of the Racing Esports scene on different titles.
    I have found on the Pcars Esports page info regarding the liecensing etc, and some of the events currently being hosted. The kind of information I am intersted in is more detailed, from either expierenced players or the Devs.

So how often are seasons hosted?
    Is there a calander of events this year?
    On which platform are the major comps hosted on, PC, PS4 XB1X?
    Are all platforms Considered within pcars esports?
    What platform has the most competitors?
    What setups are used at LAN events, equipment types?
    Are Conical Brake Addapters allowed?
    etc etc.

These are just a few questions I can think of right now, if any experienced Pcars players or the Devs have any added knowledge, info, links etc. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time in reading this and look forward to all responses.

GTR CesarsWrath.

Official SMS Esports
    Platform
    PC
    So how often are seasons hosted?

It depends on arrangements with sponsors/partners. At the moment, we expect one or two more competitions this year. Details will be announced as soon as we are ready.

Is there a calander of events this year?

See above. The calendar on projectcarseports.com is updated whenever new events are announced.

On which platform are the major comps hosted on, PC, PS4 XB1X?

Some competitions are multiplatform. However, PC competitions are the most common.

Are all platforms Considered within pcars esports?

All platforms are considered, but exact arrangements vary between different competitions.

What platform has the most competitors?

PC.

What setups are used at LAN events, equipment types?

Again, this depends on Sponsorship. Fanatec equipment is the most commonly used at finals, but some events have used Thrustmaster or Logitech as well.

Are Conical Brake Addapters allowed?

You can use whatever hardware setup you have at home for online competitions.
    ---------------------
    Project CARS Esports Staff
    projectcarsesports.com
    The following user likes this Post: Cano Motorsports

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
    That's great, thanks so much for the reply, we hope to represent on Pcars in the near future. If there's any additional info you can think of please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
    Last edited by CaesarsWrath johnboy8722; 16-07-2018 at 13:56.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    One thing to watch isI know your team may be very clean but other teams from Forza that take a Forza driving style with them earn a reputation as a wrecker quite easily due to the different handling/physics/damage models.

CaesarsWrath johnboy8722
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    One thing to watch isI know your team may be very clean but other teams from Forza that take a Forza driving style with them earn a reputation as a wrecker quite easily due to the different handling/physics/damage models.
    Hmm indeed I can see why aswell. Through experience from playing both titles, the aggressive way you can attack the track in corners in Forza, just doesn't work in Pcars.
    Thats probably my down fall in Forza is that I to drive as you would realistically. There are alot of unnatural elements to that game.
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32