Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy it in 2019?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Buy it in 2019?

Hi guys, i'm here to listen you. I bought a T3PA and i am looking for a sim game.
    I was a player of GT Sport but i tried it again after playing AC Competizione and... it was orrible.
    I already own AC Competizione but we all know is still in development.
    I have the standard AC but is an old game, i want something new and the collisions in multiplayer were very bad.
    I've tried PC2 with a friend at the release but his GT force pro had some problem with the game so the "test" was not perfect.

- How is the game right now?
    - I like multiplayer races, how is multiplayer here? Do we have an ability/fair play level like GT Sport?
    - Is the force feedback good as AC/AC:C?
    - Is it a Sim game? Do you have the feel of simulation or is a sort of arcade like GT Sport?
    - PC (20€ with season pass) or PS4 pro 4k (28€ with season pass)?

Thank You

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphAtomix View Post
    Hi guys, i'm here to listen you. I bought a T3PA and i am looking for a sim game.
    I was a player of GT Sport but i tried it again after playing AC Competizione and... it was orrible.
    I already own AC Competizione but we all know is still in development.
    I have the standard AC but is an old game, i want something new and the collisions in multiplayer were very bad.
    I've tried PC2 with a friend at the release but his GT force pro had some problem with the game so the "test" was not perfect.

- How is the game right now?
    - I like multiplayer races, how is multiplayer here? Do we have an ability/fair play level like GT Sport?
    - Is the force feedback good as AC/AC:C?
    - Is it a Sim game? Do you have the feel of simulation or is a sort of arcade like GT Sport?
    - PC (20€ with season pass) or PS4 pro 4k (28€ with season pass)?

Thank You

Personally I think its better then AC/ACC but that's my opinion. Its definitely a sim. So it looks like a bargain for that price.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, HockeyNick30, Roel de Meulder

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think there are more lobbies available in PC, so if your PC is good, I'd say buy it in PC. Or buy it on both, so you have more options, if I had a PS4/XBoX, I would had definitely done that. Yes, it is very good, in my opinion much better than the other games, but also has many problems, so prepared to be frustrated some times, especially in online. But still, I only play online (done 1300 races so far) and I cannot get away from it a single day, guess I have a huge love/hate relationship with PCARS2. Only truly great things can do this to you, meh stuff can't
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I think there are more lobbies available in PC, so if your PC is good, I'd say buy it in PC. Or buy it on both, so you have more options, if I had a PS4/XBoX, I would had definitely done that. Yes, it is very good, in my opinion much better than the other games, but also has many problems, so prepared to be frustrated some times, especially in online. But still, I only play online (done 1300 races so far) and I cannot get away from it a single day, guess I have a huge love/hate relationship with PCARS2. Only truly great things can do this to you, meh stuff can't
    Do you have any skill/fairplay level online?
    I have an rtx 2060, amd 2600x, 16gb ram, etc... 21:9 2560x1080.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The PC is pretty good, get it for PC, you will have more eye candy than in consoles, might be not really important, but do not underestimate it, helps for the immersion!

There is a safety rating system, but unfortunately in practice it does not work as well as it could had. But one good thing is that because there's also a skill ranking, and every time you rage quit, you lose points from that ranking, races generally end with more than 80% of the people that started it still in it, while in other sims (and PCARS1), it is so very often that only the top 3 cars finish the race.

Online lobbies can sometimes be fantastic, some other times are a nightmare. If you are fast, you are usually ok, because in the top places the racing is generally cleaner. Last Friday I joined a guys' lobby who was doing races with road cars, started with Road G (the slowest) and climbed up the ladder up to Road A (Ferraris and stuff), and for 6 hours in a row we had an absolute blast, respectful and fierce racing. There are other races that end in T1, or that a game online bug will ruin a great lobby (there are many bugs related to host migration). In general I would say that online racing in PCARS2 is 80-90% incredibly fantastic and 10-20% an incredible nightmare, there does not seem to be much in between .

But now I race in leagues mostly, there are a lot available, you can choose from plenty running any day of week that suits you, and that's where you expect to have the cleanest driving. Do not worry about not being able to commit for every single race, everybody loses a few races in a league, it is to be expected.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AlphAtomix, JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    Coming from an Xbox to PC I can honestly say get it on PC. It runs better, smoother and it looks so much nicer. PC also has a deeper player base and much faster drivers than console. There are lots of leagues to compete in and you should check around on discord for places to meet up. Pretty much everything cpcdem says above is spot on. The main thing I've noticed about the game is that not many Americans play which can make getting into leagues a little problematic.
    MB Asus tuf z390 Pro • CPU Intel I5 9600k • GPU Asus rtx2070 • RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance • SSD WD BLack SN750 500gig • Input Logitech G920 • HMD Oculus Rift

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    but
    but
    unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapuh View Post
    problematic
    I basically have the same question as TC, although I would probably be doing less online stuff.

What puts me off is that every thread like this one is full of people saying it has positives but just as many negatives. I decided at launch to wait until after everything was fixed, but even at this late stage it seems there is still some game-breaking stuff. I really wanna give this gzme a chance- I didn't get GTS because I wanted something with good weather/seasons, but now I'm on the fence.
    I've been to: Adelaide, Aintree, Albert Park, Battersea Park, Brands Hatch, Donington, Estoril, Great Orme stage, Imola, Indianapolis, Le Mans, Long Beach, Marina Bay, Nürburgring, Oulton Park, Ricardo Tormo, Silverstone and Spa.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Well, every game out there has a compromise somewhere. ACC looks great BUT it's only going to launch with a single series of racing. AC is OK (if you like that sort of thing) BUT it has limited "out of the box" content and relies on mods to deliver the rest. iRacing is fine BUT it's really just a MP racing service and is seriously lacking in many areas. rFactor2 has a great feel to it BUT it has woeful base content and there is still precious little paid, official, content so it relies on mods to get the best out of it. pCARS2 is great BUT etc etc.

Pick your poison.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cpcdem, hkraft300, HockeyNick30, Konan, Mad Al

Platform
    PC
    OMG. I just spent a few hours trying to get an LMP2 just 0.040 seconds quicker at Daytona. Just do it. You will get your money's worth.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Maskmagog, sloppysmusic

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdoc View Post
    I basically have the same question as TC, although I would probably be doing less online stuff.

What puts me off is that every thread like this one is full of people saying it has positives but just as many negatives. I decided at launch to wait until after everything was fixed, but even at this late stage it seems there is still some game-breaking stuff. I really wanna give this gzme a chance- I didn't get GTS because I wanted something with good weather/seasons, but now I'm on the fence.
    It has a lot of problems, but on the other hand it has such an insane amount of content and features, not to mention it is looking very nice and is probably the most immersive of all. Most of the problems are not game-breaking, just (some of them, VERY) frustrating, game breaking are very few. But the thing is that when it works well, this game is so awesome, that for me at least it is very difficult to go to any other sim. When I try to so, I feel I miss too much (well, not including the bugs ). I still play at least 3-4 hours in PCARS2 every single day for the last 18 months and still not got bored of it...Buy it yesterday my suggestion.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants