Thread: Is this PCARS 2 or GTR3?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Is this PCARS 2 or GTR3?

I played GTR2 long time, I'm still playing and enjoining it as I made my own mods with great detail.
    I played Shift 2, and enjoined and suffered it.(xbox360)
    I suffered the deplovement of PC1(PC).I was disappointed with the final version in XBOX1, but I must recognize there was great things. Physics engine looked good, but the suspension geometry of most of cars and setups,were quite bad. Under unrealistic suspensions or setups, or realistic setups but unreal suspensions (Clio Cup) the tire model didn't have a enough good base to fit ralistic parameters of slip angle,etc but still a good tire model in my opinion. Very nice sound, and very nice force feedback straight away with g920. The visual integration of the physics in replays were good enough and very good cameras. The content of cars and tracks, and their detail good enough too.The AI was irrefular,I think for the bad setups.
    Finally the resume is the bad desing of the suspensions and bad setups killed the game.
    And know I got PCARS2, and content,menus,options,all motorsport around is nice similated, all the potential of GTR2 is there, licenses,tracks,cars,weather,weekends,fair online system, nice campain...its great, till you need drive.
    In game, the good things of PC1 gone,sound,ffb,cameras,physic animations and graphics got worse, still good, but no nice like in PC1. In general I felt that I'm playing something familiar for me,but I dont know what is,yet.
    In physics, I tested 3 cars very good know for me, Clio cup, MB DTM Evo, MB SLS GT3, this 3 cars are in PC1, AC,Forza7..and I made my own mods of they.
    The clio is total unrealistic in behavior, the setup is again good but same chassis, but here the tire moder is worse than in PC1.MB same chassis I think but different setup,and again worse tire model and ffb. MB SLS, nice chassis,good setup, but something wrong with the CG heigh or damper setup, or speed slow/fast activation,the car is very hard but bounce too much de suspension in some situations.And the tire model, horrible,looks a bias ply tire.
    For the moment, 3 cars, 3 bad, in PC1 only the Clio is bad.
    The game look that don't use the PC1 technology,this look GTR2 improved with plugins, really, even the visual representation of the physics fit more with GTR2 than with PC1, the physics engine, FFB, sounds, as well.For that felt familiar for me, because have the same behacior that GTR2 and same good/bad things.
    I hope other cars and tires will be nice, some bad happens in all games AC too.
    But for me really, this is GTR2.5 or GTR3, not PC2.Better? I hope. Looks a nice game forgetting the cars, I just need test the rest.

Maybe well done SMS

Platform
    PC
    The Clio is one of the best represented (to RL) cars in the game. That horse has been beaten to death across the interweb.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    The Clio is one of the best represented (to RL) cars in the game. That horse has been beaten to death across the interweb.
    You might find this interesting if your a Clio fan if you haven't seen already. Talks about real life to simulator for training. Most pro simulators are using rfpro but this was actually used on rf2 which is cool. Anyway they talk about getting the data to redevelop the clio internally to be more realistic for their pro drivers training.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    For the moment, I have a Clio RS IV Trophy with chassis cup. I have access to the same document e-chassis with the vaseline setup, and access to tones of real setups. I have a clio cup mod in GTR2, rfactor,rfactor 2 even with the nuts of the wheels added as suspended mass, I know what im talking about. And I told before, the, the setup in general could be ok, and I know that they have feedback of hamilton fron PC1. Im talking about the geometry of the suspension. Clearly they have modeled correctly spring ratio 1:1 in the rear and torsion axle in H in the back, in the front one to 1:1 with struts.I think that the need touch the caster, is to much I think and add more suspended weigh to the wheels as the suspension dont work enough. The tires slip angle look ok,but I think need more rigidity in the sides to scrach more the tarmac,and make that small jumps that make more lateral grip under heavy load.
    I updated the game after the 1st post, know feel better, as you can keep the car in the limit easier.
    Anyway the car quite nice, expecialy after find better FFB settings.
    The game looks very good. Like a told, look more gtr2.5 than PC2,in XBOX.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FPSychotic View Post
    For the moment, I have a Clio RS IV Trophy with chassis cup. I have access to the same document e-chassis with the vaseline setup, and access to tones of real setups. I have a clio cup mod in GTR2, rfactor,rfactor 2 even with the nuts of the wheels added as suspended mass, I know what im talking about. And I told before, the, the setup in general could be ok, and I know that they have feedback of hamilton fron PC1. Im talking about the geometry of the suspension. Clearly they have modeled correctly spring ratio 1:1 in the rear and torsion axle in H in the back, in the front one to 1:1 with struts.I think that the need touch the caster, is to much I think and add more suspended weigh to the wheels as the suspension dont work enough. The tires slip angle look ok,but I think need more rigidity in the sides to scrach more the tarmac,and make that small jumps that make more lateral grip under heavy load.
    I updated the game after the 1st post, know feel better, as you can keep the car in the limit easier.
    For the moment el diff setup is wrong. In the Renault cup document you can read prechargue of diff is 120Nm, and just two ramps for the Sadev gearbox 23 foe power and 90 for coast, 6 discs are rigth. Other wrong data is the brake distribution, is rigth from 62 to 67% Front 55 like is in the standar setup is like a hand brake.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    For the moment el diff setup is wrong. In the Renault cup document you can read prechargue of diff is 120Nm, and just two ramps for the Sadev gearbox 23 foe power and 90 for coast, 6 discs are rigth. Other wrong data is the brake distribution, is rigth from 62 to 67% Front 55 like is in the standar setup is like a hand brake.
    I find other mistake, in the documents (2014) the rear bumbstops are of 30mm not 50mm like in the game,is stealing 20mm of suspension travel,this make oversteer in certain curves and help the lift off oversteer.
    And other, the toe must can be set in 0.01 but the minimum unit is 0.1 this is 10 times more of the advaised for the documents.8

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    You look like someone who has much knowledge on this matter. Maybe some of the devs can explain or discuss.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Can you post a link to this documentation?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The French version can be found here

http://www.codonysport.com/FitxersWe...is_2014_FR.pdf

I do wonder if the Limited slip diff angles are correct. 23 degrees I can believe but 90 degrees is not normally used in real diffs (they go for 85 degrees).

The designation of the limited slip diff in the spare parts list is

Plateaux autobloquant 23/90 -23/37

In Rf2, the Clio Cup car has 45% power side lock and 90% coast side lock (not adjustable)

My theory is

the 90 refers to the % locking of the 23 degree ramp - 90%
    rF2 got the values the wrong way round in terms of power side and coast side
    the 37 refers to the coast side ramp

so the LSD has 23 degrees power side (90% lock) and 37 degrees cost side lock (45%)

The picture of the ramps in the catalogue looks much more like a 23/37 than a 23/90.
    Last edited by David Wright; 22-07-2018 at 15:46.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    23/90 is the degrees of the ramps, in percent of lock ,90 ramp is equivalent to 13 approx % lock, almost a open diff.