Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the handling glitch effect all cars? Or certain tracks?

Platform
    XBOX1

Does the handling glitch effect all cars? Or certain tracks?

Hi, so as you know Xbox one has a handling issue with multiple ai. Obviously I run less than 13 ai or less to help. Some races its fine. Multiclass Lemans in gt3ís and lmp1ís worked well. Ran it smoothly at 14 ai. Radical sr8ís at donnigton was terrible. Couldnít even run 8 ai without getting massive oversteer. Iím just wondering does this only effect certain cars and tracks or does it effect all cars but itís less noticeable? Thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It's hard to tell. I feel like with what I've experienced some cars seem to behave more properly on some circuits to others. GT3 for example feels a lot more behaved at Circuit of the Americas that it did at Watkins Glen, Daytona, etc.

If your trying to see if its the car that is misbehaving rather than the Xbox compatibility issues you could jump into a private testing session and see if it continues. If it happens to be the car it could be a physics issue with that particular car or just a terrible baseline setup.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by CSReese View Post
    It's hard to tell. I feel like with what I've experienced some cars seem to behave more properly on some circuits to others. GT3 for example feels a lot more behaved at Circuit of the Americas that it did at Watkins Glen, Daytona, etc.

If your trying to see if its the car that is misbehaving rather than the Xbox compatibility issues you could jump into a private testing session and see if it continues. If it happens to be the car it could be a physics issue with that particular car or just a terrible baseline setup.
    Itís only a custom race issue. Iím still trying to test some things out, but so far I have an idea that it only happens with ai on the track. To me now, I think some cars arenít really effected. As you said gt3ís and stuff like that. Older cars tend to have more of an effect.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzatron3155 View Post
    It’s only a custom race issue. I’m still trying to test some things out, but so far I have an idea that it only happens with ai on the track. To me now, I think some cars aren’t really effected. As you said gt3’s and stuff like that. Older cars tend to have more of an effect.
    If its only issue in custom race its probably related to the AI and the race and session settings, if you have it programmed for anything. Did you try the Radical's a Donnington in Private Testing and did they behave correctly, then you set up a custom race at Donnington with the same car and settings with AI?

I've noticed a lot of the slower cars are more manageable, predictable, and well behaved than a lot of the faster cars in the sim. I enjoy driving the TCR, GT4, and Formula Rookie machinery more than GT3 because they are much more behaved. I don't know if its programming, or a bug, or original Xbox compatibility but the GT3 cars do not feel all that predictable and well behaved on some tracks even though they have more downforce, so you'd think they should be equally as stable even while carrying more speed. Maybe it has something to do with terrible baseline setups but its something I've noticed.

I haven't tried many of the older cars. I played around with a Porsche 917 and a older 911 when the Le Mans DLC came out, and they felt like they had a lot of body roll, oversteered, and had terrible brakes. I don't know if that is the compatibility or just a authentic experience playing around with older technology. My conclusions was that it was probably a lot like that.

Platform
    XBOX1
    If its only issue in custom race its probably related to the AI and the race and session settings, if you have it programmed for anything. Did you try the Radical's a Donnington in Private Testing and did they behave correctly, then you set up a custom race at Donnington with the same car and settings with AI?

I've noticed a lot of the slower cars are more manageable, predictable, and well behaved than a lot of the faster cars in the sim. I enjoy driving the TCR, GT4, and Formula Rookie machinery more than GT3 because they are much more behaved. I don't know if its programming, or a bug, or original Xbox compatibility but the GT3 cars do not feel all that predictable and well behaved on some tracks even though they have more downforce, so you'd think they should be equally as stable even while carrying more speed. Maybe it has something to do with terrible baseline setups but its something I've noticed.

I haven't tried many of the older cars. I played around with a Porsche 917 and a older 911 when the Le Mans DLC came out, and they felt like they had a lot of body roll, oversteered, and had terrible brakes. I don't know if that is the compatibility or just a authentic experience playing around with older technology. My conclusions was that it was probably a lot like that.
    Yeah I’ve basically gone back and fourth between custom races and private testing. Private testing always feels fine. No matter what. I didn’t change conditions, setup, time or anything. When I tried different cars on different tracks it was fine. It’s always when I have ai on track. Noticeably with the radical, it was easier to push it through some of the sweeping corners at Donnington during private testing. Of course it was the slowest radical as well. As soon as the race started, also note I had warmer tyres than the private testing, and first thing I know is that the car is snappy and oversteery. Then I tested the m6 gt3, felt exactly the same in both sessions. So I was pretty confused about how this works. It was even weirder when I got the group c jag and tested it. Even that felt exactly the same.

By the way, this is between 8-10 ai. And I change it rarely. So mainly it was on 10 the whole time. For each of the cars and sessions.
    Last edited by Lolzatron3155; 23-07-2018 at 02:58.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm sorry. Did you say that the Radical was fine in private testing then it was snappy and oversteery at Donnington with AI, but when you tried other tracks or other cars it was fine session to session?

Was the M6 GT3 snapy and oversteery in private testing and the custom race game modes, or was the car good?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm sorry. Did you say that the Radical was fine in private testing then it was snappy and oversteery at Donnington with AI, but when you tried other tracks or other cars it was fine session to session?

Was the M6 GT3 snapy and oversteery in private testing and the custom race game modes, or was the car good?
    Sorry for the confusion. Basically I said that the radical felt fine in private testing. But not in custom races with ai. But I didn’t notice a difference with the m6 gt3 between private testing and custom races. On the same track as the radical of course.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hmm. Ok. Did you try the radical at any other track and tested it between the private testing and custom race game modes, and did it have the same result or did it handle different?

I don't think it would be related to the baseline setup as you said you tried it in private testing with the same settings and it worked fine. It would confirm my suspicions that cars physics act differently from circuit to circuit. Its kind of surprising that your having those issues with 8 AI still. Usually dropping below 14 cuts out most of the issues with 11-12 supposedly being the sweet spot.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Hmm. Ok. Did you try the radical at any other track and tested it between the private testing and custom race game modes, and did it have the same result or did it handle different?

I don't think it would be related to the baseline setup as you said you tried it in private testing with the same settings and it worked fine. It would confirm my suspicions that cars physics act differently from circuit to circuit. Its kind of surprising that your having those issues with 8 AI still. Usually dropping below 14 cuts out most of the issues with 11-12 supposedly being the sweet spot.
    I haven’t tried it at any other track. But I will. And yeah it’s weird. It’s not every car that has this problem. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. But I play a lot of Ac, and jumping between cars that I’ve driven before feels exactly the same. On different circuits and conditions. Obviously they handle differently between the circuits and conditions, but they feel like when I drove it the last time, and the time before and so on. With and without ai.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It's always been AI related to me and also very much car dependent. I did quite a bit of testing of the GT3 cars at Nurburgring post patch 6 and I found that the Audi LMS Ultra really struggled as soon as I went above 14 AI. The other cars I tested were not effected nearly as bad and I found I could race with them quite well even when pushing the AI above 20 but that Audi was a nightmare and the physics went to pot straight away, it was a very different car from when driving it with less AI.

I never had problems in private testing with any car when I was on my Original Xbox. I've now gone to the X but still currently have my OG as I was going to do some comparison tests but nhave never yet got around to it.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever