Thread: Didnt know the display didnt work on fanatec steering wheels on xbox

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Didnt know the display didnt work on fanatec steering wheels on xbox

So, I been playing PC2 on PS4 pro with the V2.5 using a drivehub...It worked perfectly.......I got my xbox one x, brought CSL elite steering wheel P1 and was kinda excited that I wouldn't have to use the drive hub(extra wires and the controller). Man, Im kinda disppointed. I still cant find the right settings for perfect FFB and even worst, the display and RPM DOES NOT work at all during the game(assetto corsa also)...I thought i had a bad wheel, emailed fanatec and they stated that "Neither Microsoft nor the game developers have implemented this feature.
    We unfortunately don't know whether it will be implemented in the future or not." Is everyone else having this issue also?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I imagine you have answered your own question, if the Microsoft SDK & API for the controller doesn't provide support for the display, then it would not be possible for a game developer to hook into the API and make it display as it doesn't exist.

I don't have a Fanatec wheel, but I can imagine how disappointing it is that this feature is not available on the Xbox Platform if you have a Wheel that is capable of displaying something.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You are correct. It does not work it kind of sucks but it is what it is.

With that being said. I would not recommend using the Drivehub with the V2.5 on the Xbox just for the display to work. Use the V2.5 directly to the Xbox with no drivehub.

My V2.5 feels great to me. However, Xbox has the worst FFB out of all of the platforms. Not due to PCars but all games across the board. PS4 and PC do FFB better, which may be why it does not feel right to you coming from PC2 on PS4 even though you were using a drivehub. Something with the Xbox FFB protocol is just not as good and has been mentioned alot by quite a few guys that play the game on all platforms.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks so much Juice.......Pretty much explained it all....Saved me alot of time with searching for perfection that didnt exist...Do you mind telling me your settings in game and on the steering wheel. thanks

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynnc View Post
    Thanks so much Juice.......Pretty much explained it all....Saved me alot of time with searching for perfection that didnt exist...Do you mind telling me your settings in game and on the steering wheel. thanks
    Game settings are in the picture attached.

Wheel settings are

SEN 900
    FEI 100
    SHO OFF
    DRI OFF
    BRF 50
    FF Ranges from 25-40 depending on car.

I leave game settings as is and adjust on wheel FF in game on the fly per car to get the weight I like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180727_201528 (Large).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	258212
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1
    [QUOTE=Juiced46;1529962]Game settings are in the picture attached.

Wheel settings are

SEN 900
    FEI 100
    SHO OFF
    DRI OFF
    BRF 50
    FF Ranges from 25-40 depending on car.

I leave game settings as is and adjust on wheel FF in game on the fly per car to get the weight I like.

While not a FFB issue, Iíve experimented with BRF and found with my heavy braking foot a level of 15-20 works much better for me. I had been using 50.

Also, Iím curious about FEI. I find Finatecís explanation confusing. Someone loves 30, you use 100 and Iím wondering what 0 would do.
    Last edited by Sooner; 01-08-2018 at 13:47.

Platform
    XBOX1 X

While not a FFB issue, Iíve experimented with BRF and found with my heavy braking foot a level of 15-20 works much better for me. I had been using 50.

Also, Iím curious about FEI. I find Finatecís explanation confusing. Someone loves 30, you use 100 and Iím wondering what 0 would do.
    This is Fanatecs description about FEI

"This parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more
    smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct.
    Tuning this parameter can improve the feeling of the wheel depending on the
    game. This can be helpful to reduce the noise level especially for bases assembled
    to tables or rigs."

As far as BRF, that is also personal preference and the rig/seat you use also plays a huge role in that amongst other things, what pedals you are using and the stiffness. With my CSL Elite LC pedals when I had a wheel stand. I used the lightest bushings and had to have BRF around 20 because of the stand. Now that I have a rig that is more rigid. I moved up to the medium stiffness bushings and bumped up BRF since I can apply more brake pressure without pushing the stand or seat.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I use RS Dash and it’s amazing. But do be careful using it in an online race with many competitors. It does use resources.
    Sean Lander - Melbourne Australia
    Favourite Car Class: GT2/GT3 XBOX LIVE Redna1L
    Hardware: Xbox ONE X - Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 - McLaren Wheel - ClubSport V3 Pedals