Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about getting a motion rig to use with VR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    *wiggle-wiggle* simulator...
    in another forum they say its not the best way to fool your body to get a real/good feeling when everythis is moving)
    and if this guy build and sell this its clear he likes it (?)
    with the moving screens i will puke trough the room from one end to another...
    they say small movements are enough to trigger your body he thinks the effect is real.

some other versions from DIY to sellers (as an idea whats up on the market)

a DIY platform mover from a freak (writes his own software for this project. its in a alpha status)
    https://forum.virtualracing.org/show...ig-Coming-Soon

expensive but the "real deal" (for hardcore freaks)
    http://www.prosimu-shop.com/en/simul.../63-t1000.html

one of the best so far from the feeling (only Pics, HP is down or gets sometimes renewed)
    https://forum.virtualracing.org/show...=1#post2376664
    with hardware (maybe Fanatec) startprice around 10k€
    price without wheel/pedals etc unknown at the moment...

a compact seatmover (the middle between the original postet one and the hardcore stuff)
    https://www.nextlevelracing.com/prod...n-platform-v3/
    and "only" around 3k€

personal i dont think i will do the next "step" and spend so much money for a seatmover etc.
    its a hobby, but not a hardcorehobby i do 50H per week this investment would pay off...
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    *wiggle-wiggle* simulator...
    in another forum they say its not the best way to fool your body to get a real/good feeling when everythis is moving)
    and if this guy build and sell this its clear he likes it (?)
    with the moving screens i will puke trough the room from one end to another...
    they say small movements are enough to trigger your body he thinks the effect is real.

some other versions from DIY to sellers (as an idea whats up on the market)

a DIY platform mover from a freak (writes his own software for this project. its in a alpha status)
    https://forum.virtualracing.org/show...ig-Coming-Soon

expensive but the "real deal" (for hardcore freaks)
    http://www.prosimu-shop.com/en/simul.../63-t1000.html

one of the best so far from the feeling (only Pics, HP is down or gets sometimes renewed)
    https://forum.virtualracing.org/show...=1#post2376664
    with hardware (maybe Fanatec) startprice around 10k€
    price without wheel/pedals etc unknown at the moment...

a compact seatmover (the middle between the original postet one and the hardcore stuff)
    https://www.nextlevelracing.com/prod...n-platform-v3/
    and "only" around 3k€

personal i dont think i will do the next "step" and spend so much money for a seatmover etc.
    its a hobby, but not a hardcorehobby i do 50H per week this investment would pay off...
    what I don't like about the next level is that only the seat moves and the wheel base and the pedals don't move . the price for me and that the entire rig moves is what has got me very interested , about the vid he only tested it he put the kit together but did not make it himself . im not pulling the triger just yet .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    there is no need that the complete platform moves so much to fool your body.
    small movements are enough and you cant simulate G-forces.
    it is very interesting what people build and test and everyone of these think his is the best.
    but everyone is free to buy whatever he likes
    if money and room doesnt matter i would take the french or the tracktime (raceroom) rig.
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    there is no need that the complete platform moves so much to fool your body.
    small movements are enough and you cant simulate G-forces.
    it is very interesting what people build and test and everyone of these think his is the best.
    but everyone is free to buy whatever he likes
    if money and room doesnt matter i would take the french or the tracktime (raceroom) rig.
    if I buy one I don't want just a seat mover but to each his own . ive been looking at motion rigs whit vr and some of the vids the view in vr is shaking very badly and some not that mutch depending on the car they are driving and how they setup the amount of movement in the rig it seems like nobody can agree on where to put the sensors so that it dosent shake too mutch on the wall or on the rig , I got alote of research to do before I get one ! so I guess nobody here has a motion rig and vr ??
    Last edited by bporion; 01-08-2018 at 18:36.
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

Platform
    PC
    how do I change the title to " thinking about getting a motion rig to use whit vr " ?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    how do I change the title to " thinking about getting a motion rig to use whit vr " ?
    I guess not ...

Platform
    PC
    I guess not ...
    You ping a moderator for the change and then be patient.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    did not know about the ping how do I do that ?, sorry and thanks .

Platform
    PC
    did not know about the ping how do I do that ?, sorry and thanks .
    Private Message
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: bporion