Thread: Points glitch?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Points glitch?

Just got disconnected from a race that I started with 1603 points. After getting disconnected I expected to see a big cut in my points, and did. (1573)

Now I am at the main menu, not in a race or anything with 1573 points. I exit the game, verify that my PC has internet and reopen the game......1569 points.!?!?

Is the game supposed to subtract points for exiting the game from the main menu?

It happened earlier in the day too but I thought I just remembered the numbers wrong, but this time, I paid attention.

Heck, when I click my "1569" in the upper right corner and look at my recent history the last number is still 1573.

My history doesn't show the drop to 1569, but that's where I sit now.

I get that the game needs to subtract points for disconnections otherwise people could just pull the plug on their router to avoid an embarrassing/costly loss, but this double-dipping can't be intentional.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just opened the game and saw 1573 for a second before it changed to 1569...I have not even played yet today.

What is this?
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Just opened the game and saw 1573 for a second before it changed to 1569...I have not even played yet today.

What is this?
    I think it has to do with when the ranking is loaded. It's saved somewhere in the cloud and apparently there are synchronization issues some times with it. I'd say not pay that much attention to it, a few points more or less does not make a difference.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Now I just had a race morph, instantly, from the beginning of the second lap to the online lobby. It was as if the guy running the race pushed a reset button or something....

I started that race with 1560 and POOF online lobby and 1537.

This is getting ridiculous.

I did NOT leave the race and from the comments, a lot of other people were surprised as well.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That was a host migration error. The host quit (or he got a disconnection himself), some error occurred while trying to make another driver the host, that failed and probably all the people were brought back to the lobby. It happens from time to time.