Thread: Button Boxes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Question Button Boxes

Hi all
    I have got a Thrustmaster T300 with T3PA-Pro pedals on a Playseat Evo, I am looking at different button boxes there are a few I have found but most are in the US for example Ignition and DSD, I have found one company called BBJ just wondered what peoples views are and what you all recommend and are there any others on the market?

Many Thanks
    Stu

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have the same setup as you. Only diff is that I have also the TH8A shifter mounted to the shifter mount that goes with the Playseat. This is what I have my button box mounted to. I will try to post some pics later re how I have it mounted, because it is not perfect, but works well for my situation.

I have this one from Ignition Controls. It might be replaced by a newer model, but I think there is something similar still available. They have other less expensive options as well. From what I can say though, they are really top notch quality, and they are very good to help with any questions or issues.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0PS4-NA1LEDS-2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	258674

I also made some other comments about it in another thread, specific to PS4. See this link for some info (go through the thread as there's some other comments very helpful there)

In summary, it's bloody fantastic and I really love it. There is a bit of an issue with the PS4, because sometimes the rotary encoders do not register a click (they still register, but sometimes when you rotate the knobs, the PS4 does not recognize it.....). THIS IS A PS4 ISSUE, and not an issue with the Ignition Controls box (connect it to a PC and it's 100% every time...). But with a bit of programming on the box (it's not difficult, judging from the fact that I could do it..) you can edit it to get the encoders working much better.

It's a bit pricey, but it is damn nice and the first thing that people ask me about when they are at my house....They don't even see the wheel, Playseat, etc..... just right to the Ignition Controls with 'wow... that's cool...'
    Last edited by Atak Kat; 06-08-2018 at 20:01.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: stucar17

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I was also looking at SimsRacing they have a lot of pretty cool stuff on there so much to choose from!, if you could get a picture of your rig and setup would be great!, I am looking at getting a shifter box but wasn't sure how it would fix on

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Forgive the poor pics and the dust and the crumbs, hopefully you can understand...

First, this is the right side of the Playseat EVO. The Gear shift attachment section is an option you get from playseat. TH8A is mounted near the front, Ignition Controls box is mounted (sorta) behind it, at an angle.

Name:	_MLK0443.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	258716

Here's a view from the top. You can see that the USB connection is on the left side of the box, and this is why I have it at an angle. It's actually OK when in the seat and works out quite well.

Name:	_MLK0442.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	258717

This is the bottom of the box and how I've got it poorly mounted. But surprisingly, it's still pretty solid and doesn't move or wobble. In the pics it looks like it's hanging by a thread, but actually it's on there good enough. My mild OCD disagrees, so will need to tidy this up one day.
    - seat is set on it's side in the pic, so this is showing the bottom of the box.
    - There are several mounting holes in the box, and the Playseat attachment has some generic slits to mount stuff.
    - But because the box needs to sit at an angle (due to the USB cable coming out the left side), there's not a great way to mount it.
    - I've put one screw/washer in pretty secure, and the second one is kinda just clamping (with the washer) to the edge of the Playseat attachment. Not ideal. I will drill a hole into the Playseat attachment one day, just haven't got to it yet.

Name:	_MLK0445.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	258718

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Forgive the poor pics and the dust and the crumbs, hopefully you can understand...

First, this is the right side of the Playseat EVO. The Gear shift attachment section is an option you get from playseat. TH8A is mounted near the front, Ignition Controls box is mounted (sorta) behind it, at an angle.

Name:	_MLK0443.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	258716

Here's a view from the top. You can see that the USB connection is on the left side of the box, and this is why I have it at an angle. It's actually OK when in the seat and works out quite well.

Name:	_MLK0442.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	258717

This is the bottom of the box and how I've got it poorly mounted. But surprisingly, it's still pretty solid and doesn't move or wobble. In the pics it looks like it's hanging by a thread, but actually it's on there good enough. My mild OCD disagrees, so will need to tidy this up one day.
    - seat is set on it's side in the pic, so this is showing the bottom of the box.
    - There are several mounting holes in the box, and the Playseat attachment has some generic slits to mount stuff.
    - But because the box needs to sit at an angle (due to the USB cable coming out the left side), there's not a great way to mount it.
    - I've put one screw/washer in pretty secure, and the second one is kinda just clamping (with the washer) to the edge of the Playseat attachment. Not ideal. I will drill a hole into the Playseat attachment one day, just haven't got to it yet.

Name:	_MLK0445.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	258718
    Thanks for the pictures mate, where did u get the grey bracket from you have screwed the button box to?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hi Stu,

I bought one from them and it works really well, easy to set up and alter things.
    Lourens

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My problem with it is how can I make the setup more comfortable.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattnov View Post
    My problem with it is how can I make the setup more comfortable.
    In my setup, I do admit that having it down on the right behind the gear shift is not the greatest.
    But I have put my most used race adjustment items in spots that are easy to find:
    FFB Volume is the far left rotary. Brake Balance is the far right rotary. Lights and Wipers are the first two buttons on the top left. Those can all be found easily by just reaching down without even looking.

Other than that, there's not much to hit on the box when racing.
    (Pit limiter, Pit request, Hud cycle, Motec screen cycle, and opening the thing to edit pit strategy, etc are all mapped to my wheel buttons)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I have the same setup as you. Only diff is that I have also the TH8A shifter mounted to the shifter mount that goes with the Playseat. This is what I have my button box mounted to. I will try to post some pics later re how I have it mounted, because it is not perfect, but works well for my situation.

I have this one from Ignition Controls. It might be replaced by a newer model, but I think there is something similar still available. They have other less expensive options as well. From what I can say though, they are really top notch quality, and they are very good to help with any questions or issues.

Name:	0PS4-NA1LEDS-2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	258674

I also made some other comments about it in another thread, specific to PS4. See this link for some info (go through the thread as there's some other comments very helpful there)

In summary, it's bloody fantastic and I really love it. There is a bit of an issue with the PS4, because sometimes the rotary encoders do not register a click (they still register, but sometimes when you rotate the knobs, the PS4 does not recognize it.....). THIS IS A PS4 ISSUE, and not an issue with the Ignition Controls box (connect it to a PC and it's 100% every time...). But with a bit of programming on the box (it's not difficult, judging from the fact that I could do it..) you can edit it to get the encoders working much better.

It's a bit pricey, but it is damn nice and the first thing that people ask me about when they are at my house....They don't even see the wheel, Playseat, etc..... just right to the Ignition Controls with 'wow... that's cool...'
    i have the same box and its a good thing, really solid, buttons work well with heaps of options, and looks a million bucks
    If budget is an issue just look at the basic models which do the job.