Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox one and PS4 game differences

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Question Xbox one and PS4 game differences

Hi folks,

I did a search to no avail, I know the leaderboards are not cross platform but can someone tell me if lap times in an identical car at the same track are comparable between Xbox One and PS4?

I should mention Iím using the SVA Evo at knockhill and so is my friend but I am on Xbox One and he is on PS4 and my times are a lot quicker. Am I just faster or is there a massive game difference?

I do apologise if this has been covered but I couldnít find anything conclusive.

Platform
    PC
    Are you both on the "base" platforms (so not XBox One X or PS4 Pro)?

The code isn't different between the platforms. However, since each of them has different processing architectures, there is a always the possibility that the code behaves slightly different.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes they are very similar but be wary of comparing big grids if you are on xb1 rather than the x. The xb og and s may perform differently with large grids as it suffers from a noticeable ffb issue with large grids that will be likely to extend the times on the xb og/s.

So long as you keep the grid below the trigger point for weird ffb outputs it should be the same.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 08-08-2018 at 13:50. Reason: tipo
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the speedy replies!

I should have mentioned we just do time trial and see who gets the best time.

Both consoles are “base” consoles so that should help too.

It’s like 1 second a difference between us in the Evo at knockhill, now he hasn’t seen me drive it in person nor have I him so maybe we would learn something if we did that.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Personally, my thoughts are that you both should play on each others consoles to see if there is a difference. try and copy over car setups and game setups and give it a good go.
    o∑pin∑ion Ėnoun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following user likes this Post: Kriig

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by paul-h View Post
    It’s like 1 second a difference between us in the Evo at knockhill, now he hasn’t seen me drive it in person nor have I him so maybe we would learn something if we did that.
    You could just be faster. That happens in real life.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PS4
    We do have a multiplatform time trial challenge in our community and so far, the best times between PC, PS4 and XBOX have always been very close between the best drivers. We do also have two drivers who run the sim on different platforms and they're comparably fast on each platform
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have many hours on PS4.
    Recently moving to PC.

My times are very similar. I see other differences, but in the end, my times are extremely close.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for all the comments guys, he’s here just now and we both set EXACTLY the same time round knockhill in the SVA Evo on my whee and pedal setup. I’ll try his and see how we go!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Aren't any differences really.