Thread: How to increase competitive racing license?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

How to increase competitive racing license?

I really don't know how to increase the racing licensed I am still at U1500.

Do I need to race on esports online to increase my ranking?

Also I cannot race in any multiplayer lobbies everybody quits and am the only person at the end.

Platform
    PC
    Multi player lobbies, jump into ones with more players and race really carefully, don't worry about winning, just worry about avoiding contact and off tracks. It will soon increase 3 or 4 clean races and you will be out of the U rating. Also avoid crashing and going off track on the cool down lap has this also counts against your safety rating.
    i7-8700k, liquid cooled, 1080Ti. Oculus Rift VR, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, Universal Hub SQ Shifter, Pedals V3, GT Omega Pro cockpit

Platform
    PC
    No need to compete in esports events. Racing in online lobbies with activated racing license is sufficient.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by justonce68 View Post
    Also avoid crashing and going off track on the cool down lap has this also counts against your safety rating.
    I didn't know this. Thanks!
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: justonce68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vackvak View Post
    Also I cannot race in any multiplayer lobbies everybody quits and am the only person at the end.
    Do you mean everybody quits mid-race, or the lobby empties out as if its a connection issue?

Quote Originally Posted by justonce68 View Post
    Also avoid crashing and going off track on the cool down lap has this also counts against your safety rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I didn't know this. Thanks!
    Only in online lobbies and ones with the licence system enabled (i.e having a min rank to join) Those with it off will not gain you anything.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift CV1 / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by vackvak View Post
    I really don't know how to increase the racing licensed I am still at U1500.

Do I need to race on esports online to increase my ranking?

There's a section in the game's home screen (menu/tab to the right of "Career"). The menu where at the bottom left you can choose "Practice". To the right of "Practice" there's a section where you can set up online races/lobbies. I think it's called "Weekend/Online/Multiplayer Races" or something so.

....Click on the section to set up the options: Host Settings, Car/s, Track, Rules/Regulations etc.
    ....In "Host Settings' you can choose to have the lobby to Public or Private. You can choose "Private" if you wish to not have the lobby broadcasted and opened to public.
    ....In the section for Cars you can choose which car/s etc and amount of drivers/cars. Set amount. There's also an option for amount of human drivers (you can choose 1 human driver). And option to fill rest with AI drivers. Choose amount of AI drivers you wish to fill with. There's also an option for AI Aggression and Skill (Adjust/choose accordingly to match your skill level at a given time). Don't forget to save for each category or option.

....See section "Rules and Regulations" (or whatever) to turn on or off the option for "License". "On" will allow for License awarding based on outcome.
    In section for Practise, Qualifying, Race set options as you wish. Also options for choosing race time and weather.

I don't have my PS4 on at the moment but outlining above of the top of my head but it's very easy once you get on to it and familiarise.
    Thank me later and have fun.
    Last edited by davidt33; 08-08-2018 at 21:42.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Make some friends who drive cleanly and race with them. I mainly only drive with 3 to 4 people. Went from U to B doing just that. Public lobbies should get you a better rating quicker, but if you're not the kind of driver that's always at the front of the pack, you're likely to have your progress ruined by accidents and intentionally dirty drivers.
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Being at the front is nice *if* you can get through turn 1 without getting punted, spun, and our damaged. I am stil amazed at how many people think the rear bumper of the car in front of them is part of their own car's braking system.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Being at the front is nice *if* you can get through turn 1 without getting punted, spun, and our damaged. I am stil amazed at how many people think the rear bumper of the car in front of them is part of their own car's braking system.
    And you are on PC?

Try console with people racing using their "Forza" driving style.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I am on PS4, i joined many lobbies but need to wait long time to join the race.

I have decided to create my own race lobby and play