Thread: External App to view the list of online races available?

Platform
    PC

Exclamation External App to view the list of online races available?

Greetings to all, I would like to know if there is any external application (either for Windows or for smartphones) that allows viewing the list of servers and careers created in the online multiplayer (on PC / Steam) without having the game running, and also , that could notify me or notify me as soon as a game is created according to my specifications and tastes.

This is because in recent weeks (since mid June) the number of online races where they are using my cars or favorite categories has decreased considerably, and there are practically days when I have been running the game for more than 2 hours and there are not a single career in which I want to participate, in contrast to the large number of GT3 races available...

And in my case, the fact of creating a lobby according to my tastes has not worked either because it can happen more than 1 hour without entering more than 2 players or none, because I have even seen how at the same time there is another room with the same cars and similar characteristics and instead there are players willing to play ... why is it? Ping, Number of Laps, Damages and assists ON / OFF, or what else will I be doing wrong? I hope it is not due to the fact that I am one of the fastest players with certain cars and on certain tracks.

Then, the ideal would be an application to notify me as soon as there are one or several available races where I want to participate and then access my Steam account and run the game, instead of wasting my time waiting for minutes or hours in vain and consuming electrical power when the PC is turned on without doing anything at all. Time that I really need to occupy in other activities, especially work or social life.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    I hope it is not due to the fact that I am one of the fastest players with certain cars and on certain tracks.
    I think that may be part of it - you're often sitting at Le Mans or Daytona in an LMP2 when everyone can see your name at the very top of the leaderboards. Personally, if there's one player in a lobby and I know he's multiple seconds (7 at Le Mans!) faster than me, I'm not going to enter.

I'd try changing my in-game name and profile pic and sandbag during qually - see if that works.

Also, have you noticed massive percentage increase in 'U' licences with crap skill levels recently? Those players just want GT3 at Monza/RBR all day every day ...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudo Myo View Post
    I think that may be part of it - you're often sitting at Le Mans or Daytona in an LMP2 when everyone can see your name at the very top of the leaderboards. Personally, if there's one player in a lobby and I know he's multiple seconds (7 at Le Mans!) faster than me, I'm not going to enter.

I'd try changing my in-game name and profile pic and sandbag during qually - see if that works.

Also, have you noticed massive percentage increase in 'U' licences with crap skill levels recently? Those players just want GT3 at Monza/RBR all day every day ...
    I'm trying to put Multiclass races and trying to hosting in other tracks instead of LeMans and daytona, but doesn't work... Only if I put an hard and less popular tracks (like Ruapuna, Sonoma, Algarve) or include GT3 or GTE cars maybe some players are come but only for take GT cars instead of Openwheels&Prototypes. The problem covers both types of lobbies: With License Points and No License Points

With respect to the GT3, we have to see if the new ACC could be a decisive factor or not, but I am afraid that in the case of those players who have enough money to acquire it they will move to that new game, leaving the multiplayer even more deserted PC2 online ... Maybe SMS should try to change its focus (trying to make more popular the other classes), but I see it very difficult, because a couple of months ago SMS had an opportunity with the LeMans DLC, and at first it seemed to give results because there were many full lobbies with the classic track of LeMans, but unfortunately a month later the panorama returned to be the same as always ... You only find a lot of GT3 lobbies...

I still remember that at the time a lot of players in the F1 series of Codemasters had changed to PC1 tired of the bugs and of a more focused gameplay for gamepads instead of flyers, so at the time I thought that the first Their choice would be the fastest categories (OpenWheels & Prototypes) but for some strange reason they chose the GT3, and their argument was that they are cars that combine speed with difficulty, although they are not the fastest cars nor are they as famous as they are at least LeMans cars (GTE & LMP1-2-3-900, Group C, GT1, Vintage Prototype), along with the fact that in the promotional videos the most shown car was the Audi R18 TDI and the Formula A cars, but people chose other cars ...

What could have gone wrong? Lack of greater variety of cars from those other categories in the launch of the game? Although later they included more cars as a DLC (both PC1 and PC2) apparently it has not worked. Even in the case of PC2 with the Seasson Pass, I wonder why some players paid for extra content that in the end they will NOT use regularly? That for me is to waste money ...
    Last edited by KANETAKER; 11-08-2018 at 23:02.

Platform
    PC
    Well, Steamcharts definitely tells the story of the player numbers since launch: https://steamcharts.com/app/378860#All

And I agree with your suspicion that the launch of ACC will hurt PC2 - but it's not in early access till next month and full release is March I believe.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    A lot of the "serious" PC2 players have gone to race in leagues to escape the hit and run of public lobbies. (league races offer fairer more organized racing and some do regular individual races for those that can't (or don't want to) commit to a full season.

Platform
    PC
    Compared to others participation isnt all bad:-)
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/211500,3...8860,266410#1y

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
    Compared to others participation isnt all bad:-)
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/211500,3...8860,266410#1y
    Where are Asetto Corza, Forza Motorsport and F1 of Codemasters at the same graphic comparison?

Platform
    PC
    An app that lets you check online would be welcome. I use an app for another MP game that allows to check the server population, very useful when I choose to play only on 3 that have the setup that satisfies my tastes.

I really believe that PC2 is the richest game available for single play but the way the MP system is set up is terrible.
    There should be official dedicated servers run by the developers.

There are no respected standards, I like to race with at least a minimum of risk or something that resembles simulation.
    More often than not, damage off & all assists on is the norm, which by nature does not lead to cautious and respectful diving.
    I' m an average racer, pole + or - 10th, finishing is hit or miss, rating is B1300 / 1400, average at best...

@BrunoB : you should have included AssettoCorsa in the comparison, they have kept a steady player base throughout the period and I believe even though the MP system of AC is lacking in many areas (track change / weather) the strong server setup options (dedicated & home based) make for sturdier online racing.

For serious racing, AC + SRS is the best option imho.

I'm not sure how ACC will affect PC2, I'm interested to see how the ranking / point and of course the penalty system performs, the fact that GT3 is the only choice will most likely prove to be a wise calculated choice.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    Where are Asetto Corza, Forza Motorsport and F1 of Codemasters at the same graphic comparison?
    Hehe not so good for PCars2 :-)
    Note: Forza is not on SteamCharts
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,515220,378860