Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: well that was horrific, worst gaming session of my life

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    The second half of the career season is I believe definitely at a lower temperature than the first half with the races taking place in very late summer or into fall.

The slicks on most of the prototypes are pretty terrible on cold tracks, with special attention to the LMP900s which just HATE being cold.
    I just wish the Radical had an option for colder track temp......I run out of talent far too fast on cold tracks!
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Maskmagog

Keena
    Well this sports car Lites championship is definitely growing on me. I had a complete overhaul of my ffb settings over the last week or so and eventually just downloaded Jack Spades quite frankly superb ffb files for a complete reboot. I must have had something completely inappropriate before because its just clicked straightaway. Changed some pedal sensitivities too so now throttle and brake are both 75% for a nice reactive setup with my G920 set. Race 1 was horrible, almost quit career for a restart. So glad I troubleshooted this as race 2 Brands with the corrections above just was so much fun. The car felt great again, grip felt tactile again, slides were telegraphed and correctable, and once the race was over I found myself sat in the pit just listening to that Caterham engine burbling away in the pit box.. just a lovely way to spend an hour or two of a day off With crew chief and some pre prepared pit stops, "box this lap" followed by "strategy two" (my dry to wets), the transition from a dry to wet race couldn't have gone better.

One thing- I'll take this opportunity to add my voice to the wet pace discussion. In the dry the AI were about 4 tenths slower on their fastest lap, in the wet 6 seconds slower per lap. AI and me on the same tyres so their dry times were on dry tires as were mine, their wet times on wets, as were mine.

So in summary- this championship is in my very humble opinion probably just about right for where it sits in the career structure, but I would probably have limited it to the Caterham. Why? Because the car is a good introduction to increased speed, precision and overall pace management, is great at setup development and so provides a good training tool for the more complex series and challenges that will come later. The other car in the series (cant remember its precise name so wont even try) is also very good, but not quite so forgiving. In an ideal world, completion in the Caterham in a good championship position above 80% difficulty would trigger an unlock or something.. just an idea for PC3

Have a good day all. I know I will be
    The following user likes this Post: Leper Messiah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Well this sports car Lites championship is definitely growing on me. I had a complete overhaul of my ffb settings over the last week or so and eventually just downloaded Jack Spades quite frankly superb ffb files for a complete reboot. I must have had something completely inappropriate before because its just clicked straightaway. Changed some pedal sensitivities too so now throttle and brake are both 75% for a nice reactive setup with my G920 set. Race 1 was horrible, almost quit career for a restart. So glad I troubleshooted this as race 2 Brands with the corrections above just was so much fun. The car felt great again, grip felt tactile again, slides were telegraphed and correctable, and once the race was over I found myself sat in the pit just listening to that Caterham engine burbling away in the pit box.. just a lovely way to spend an hour or two of a day off With crew chief and some pre prepared pit stops, "box this lap" followed by "strategy two" (my dry to wets), the transition from a dry to wet race couldn't have gone better.

One thing- I'll take this opportunity to add my voice to the wet pace discussion. In the dry the AI were about 4 tenths slower on their fastest lap, in the wet 6 seconds slower per lap. AI and me on the same tyres so their dry times were on dry tires as were mine, their wet times on wets, as were mine.

So in summary- this championship is in my very humble opinion probably just about right for where it sits in the career structure, but I would probably have limited it to the Caterham. Why? Because the car is a good introduction to increased speed, precision and overall pace management, is great at setup development and so provides a good training tool for the more complex series and challenges that will come later. The other car in the series (cant remember its precise name so wont even try) is also very good, but not quite so forgiving. In an ideal world, completion in the Caterham in a good championship position above 80% difficulty would trigger an unlock or something.. just an idea for PC3

Have a good day all. I know I will be
    I'll be using the Caterham next, I can win in the Radical (the other car ) at 75% Ai diff anything higher and I push over the limit and spin out quite a lot. Sounds like the Cats nice and drivable. How is it when the track is cold(er)?
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I'll be using the Caterham next, I can win in the Radical (the other car ) at 75% Ai diff anything higher and I push over the limit and spin out quite a lot. Sounds like the Cats nice and drivable. How is it when the track is cold(er)?
    The Caterham is a whole class lower than the SR8 and doesn't perform nearly as quickly. It tends to push quite a bit if the tires are cold but its infinitely more controllable than the SR8 using the default Stable or Loose setup. I prefer the Loose setup.

It's a very nice car. It's a shame it doesn't have any actual competition, since it slays every other car in its class by margins of seconds.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. A better introduction would be to have a combined radical masters series with the SR3 and the SR8 as that would be a better introduction to multiclass sportscar racing, which is where that ladder is trying to lead. Or just the SR3 which is slightly slower than the Caterham but is a better introduction to light prototypes over the more complicated trackday special.

I would have much rather have seen a Radical Masters series or knockoff of it in the career ladder and the cars placed in classes to represent this series since that would be more realistic. Right now you can't have SR3 v SR8 races because they are in completely different (Trackday) classes when both of these cars are racing machines around the world. If you want to have these cars face each other on the track, you need to pit their classes against each other and in the SR3's class, the SP 300.R decimates every single vehicle in the class but still can't stack up to the SR8. Its woefully unbalanced. (and having spoken to somebody about this, I understand why. I just don't like it.)

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go from G40 or even GT5 G40s to Radical SR8 and Caterham SP 300.R. The SR8 is too much car to handle at that low in the career tier and the Caterham SP 300.R doesn't relate to racing in the same way, being a trackday special.
    Last edited by Shinzah; 25-08-2018 at 15:09.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Leper Messiah

Platform
    PC
    The Caterham is a whole class lower than the SR8 and doesn't perform nearly as quickly. It tends to push quite a bit if the tires are cold but its infinitely more controllable than the SR8 using the default Stable or Loose setup. I prefer the Loose setup.

It's a very nice car. It's a shame it doesn't have any actual competition, since it slays every other car in its class by margins of seconds.

Edit:

I'm going to have to disagree. A better introduction would be to have a combined radical masters series with the SR3 and the SR8 as that would be a better introduction to multiclass sportscar racing, which is where that ladder is trying to lead. Or just the SR3 which is slightly slower than the Caterham but is a better introduction to light prototypes over the more complicated trackday special.

I would have much rather have seen a Radical Masters series or knockoff of it in the career ladder and the cars placed in classes to represent this series since that would be more realistic. Right now you can't have SR3 v SR8 races because they are in completely different (Trackday) classes when both of these cars are racing machines around the world. If you want to have these cars face each other on the track, you need to pit their classes against each other and in the SR3's class, the SP 300.R decimates every single vehicle in the class but still can't stack up to the SR8. Its woefully unbalanced. (and having spoken to somebody about this, I understand why. I just don't like it.)

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go from G40 or even GT5 G40s to Radical SR8 and Caterham SP 300.R. The SR8 is too much car to handle at that low in the career tier and the Caterham SP 300.R doesn't relate to racing in the same way, being a trackday special.
    Seeing as I hate oversteer (right foot not the most subtle part of my body!) I tend to prefer slight understeer in my setups....so looks even more like I'll like the Caterham!

About the career....yeah that makes sense. Shame it's not like how you say.
    The following user likes this Post: Shinzah

Keena

Edit:

A much more informed position than my own. I go with this
    The following user likes this Post: Shinzah