Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: well that was horrific, worst gaming session of my life

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I havent been able to get to my pc yet. Given the oddities that surrounded tge formula C slicks (now fixed) and that for a time the sports was actually the slick (possibly because of a labelling issue- gotta love those detailed patch notes), is there a sports tyre that can be tested on the Radical?
    Edit- scratch my last. Firing up the beast now..

And...

well the base setup is awful. Assists off. Loaded default stable and immediately adjusted the steering rack to my personal small angle preference. I managed to get the car to be a bit more predictable within a couple of laps by moving the brake balance to a more neutral 52/48 and bumping the brake pressure down to about 86. With my pedal setup and sensitivity set to 70 this meant I could hammer the brakes initially to get it slowed then trail brake into the corner. The suspension on the rear I softened a lot (springs), same with roll bar, removed the bump stops completely to increase suspension travel and monitored for grounding around Donnington. No problems. Same with dampers, but these need a lot of fine tuning. Diffs- power I set to 30, but needs tuning, and coast I set to the same. This settled the rear a lot under both braking and power.

Lots of work to do on this car to get a setup that is both fast, and reliable/predictable, but I think its possible, and should be a lot of fun from first impressions.

Update- started career Sportscar Lites in the Caterham (the other car available in the series), 100/80 difficulty, 1st by about 3 tenths in Practice. So far so good, and the Caterham is a beauty once its got a decent setup starting to show through. Im going to enjoy this I think.. Perhaps its only the other car in the series that's a bit wacky- it is a few horsepower more I suppose..
    Last edited by Keena; Yesterday at 20:20.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    OMFG LOL that's really strange, I was smack bang in just testing every car in the game at Long Beach with default setups and clearly I had no issues!! Then again I wasn't chasing Ai!! And the track temp was 50+ I'm having trouble mainly on low temps now.

To make matters stranger I raced Snetterton 200 just now and the rear was skittish as hell so I after doing Brands GP in round 2 in the wet and noticing the rear end was considerably better behaved I thought sod it and puts wets on for the Dry Snetterton race (at night), front left took a pounding of course but held on for the 15 laps, car felt WAY more stable and rear tyre wear was ok....I may try slicks on front and wets on rear and up the Ai again....got it on 20% to just get through it LOL!!

Are the slicks FAR too hard?
    Hey it was a rather long thread but what some of us ended up doing, on advise from Mad Al, was to increase the rear tire pressure on the slick tires to get better behavior on the curbs. Your solution does seem best though, just lower the AI and put the SR8-RX away in Molokai.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I've had a few bad gaming sessions, but today took the biscuit...after getting the Frookie championship I decided to do the SClites and chose the Radical. 80/60 Ai settings and that usually means I can win easily on most tracks but can't really slip up, try ing to improve my consistency before upping the level.

Either that Radical is utterly borked or it really REALLY does not suit me but no matter what I tried I could not get it to handle at Donington Nat at all. In fact it was probably the crappest handling "thing" I've ever had the misfortune of trying to control. It understeerd corner entry and oversteered mid+corner exit. All I could do was adjust something that made the other worse. I'm not even that much slower than the fastest LB time but the car would just snap out of control on me on a whim and I was just a passenger. Didn't help that getting heat in the tyres was almost impossible. It really felt that I was driving something that wasn't fully under my control and would do it's own thing at any point at all (usually spin off into the grass...I wonder if the Radical was a cow in a previous life...I certainly called it that many times!).

Well I managed somehow to top practise with a 1:03.7, i matched that in quali but that was only 4th on the grid. With enough fuel for the race the car was an utter pig and after a couple of 1st lap spins I was dead last....time to go hotlap mode and catch up I thought...sadly I couldn't, just matched the Ai around the 1:04 mark, until I span a few more times and restarted...tried again, same thing. Dropped Ai to 60%, same thing, dropped ai to 40% and 50% aggression, managed to fight my way to the lead, only to spin out on lap 8 and quit out utterly defeated.....I've never had this much trouble with any car/track combo as bad as this.....that thing is pure evil and I utterly *hate* it!!
    I've also made a thread on the SClites and especially the dreaded Radical. Im 99% certain the car is bugged in career as for 2 weeks all my radical done was spin out every single corner day and day. Then out the blue the thing on the exact same setup and tyres was glued to the road.

If it's not bugged the SClites seem far to hard for it to be 2nd in the career ladder. Should of been the lower powered Radical.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well its for sure teaching me not to overdrive! The thing ive noticed is that im getting similar lap times to the ai but because im so tentative under braking i keep on getting banged up the rear.. its that or spin. Think i might go back to ginetta juniors. My natural habitat i feel..

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    If it's not bugged the SClites seem far to hard for it to be 2nd in the career ladder. Should of been the lower powered Radical.
    Considering this car can do laptimes of cars that are in the final tiers of the game, yes. Having the SR3 licensed and in the game and not utilizing it early in career is more than a little odd. I also don't like where Group C is in the career. The progression is wonky as a whole, except maybe open wheel.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

SteamID:Shin321