Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Podium DD1 Auction Details!

Platform
    PC

Podium DD1 Auction Details!

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself as the Fanatec Community Manager. I would like to keep an eye on this forum and assist current and future Fanatec users in whatever way I can.

Secondly, I'd like to offer some information for those interested in the upcoming auctions for the Podium Wheel Base DD1. We’re starting in Australia on Monday 20th August; other regions will roll out soon.

The auction for Fanatec Australia starts at 8pm AEST. Each unit starts at 1 AUD with no reserve. This is for Australian customers only, but all regions can view the auctions in real-time.

Instructions:

- For those based in Australia wishing to participate, please create a Fanatec account in advance and log in.
    - Once active, you’ll see an ‘Enter Auction Page’ button on the DD1 product page, which launches a secure bidding area hosted on Amazon’s servers, which has been thoroughly tested for stability. (Anyone can click this link to watch the bids in real-time.)
    - Click to bid as many times as you wish. Each click will bid by a fixed increment of 10 AUD.
    - After every new bid is placed, a 90-second timer will reset.
    - If there are no new bids after the timer reaches zero, the auction ends, and the winner receives an email with details on how to complete the pre-order.
    - The next auction begins immediately, starting at 1 AUD.

Please note:

- Every auction is automatically capped so it will not exceed the region RRP.
    - We will ensure that at least 100 units are sold worldwide below the region RRP.
    - You will be able to see the previous winning bid values.

Standard pre-orders for both the DD1 and DD2 wheel bases are already available in all regions, but we hope that new auction system demonstrates that we are genuinely giving our customers an opportunity to score a great pre-order price for this cutting-edge sim hardware!

That's all for now, cheers!

Dom
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, davekojo, drathuu

Platform
    PC
    hi , welcome . do you have a release date for your new F1 rim or a pic of it ? thanks .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Hi Domb and welcome.

We have a thread where we are talking about the Podium series here. When you find time, would be interesting that you have a look and try to solve some questions we have about the podium series.

I'll follow the auctions but I don't have much hope with this system. Last advent calendar auction was a nightmare with the overload of Fanatec's website. The same happened in Black Friday. Hope this time works better with Amazon's servers.

Thanks for the information.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 18-08-2018 at 20:31.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Hi Domb and welcome.

We have a thread where we are talking about the Podium series here. When you find time, would be interesting that you have a look and try to solve some questions we have about the podium series.

I'll follow the auctions but I don't have much hope with this system. Last advent calendar auction was a nightmare with the overload of Fanatec's website. The same happened in Black Friday. Hope this time works better with Amazon's servers.

Thanks for the information.
    Agreed Asturbo, Fanatec don't seem to take customer questions only like to give out information when suits them . I tried to find out about auction in australia on there official forum/Blog only 5 days ago to no avail, so I gave up and purchased the DD1 at full retail, only to find out 2 days later yeah now we will have an Auction. Thanks Fanatec for not answering my questions regarding Auction , I guess it worked out well for you. In the short term.

Platform
    PC
    We can follow the Australian auction here: https://auction.fanatec.com/fbid/0/1065/en
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Working well with a few teething issues

Interesting so far, crashed server, started a few mins late.. first few flew through to a ceiling that appears to be slightly random.. After 4th wheel the server seem to lag and crash... could relogin in for 5 mins, but when i did, it seems that auction was restarted, so didnt miss anything.

Didnt expect much else given people would be smashing the bid button, and trying to login.. Will be interesting to see how many they do and how long it goes on for 5 units, 10, 100, 1000 units ?

Might be in for a long night
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by drathuu View Post
    Will be interesting to see how many they do and how long it goes on for 5 units, 10, 100, 1000 units ?
    It was in the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by DomB_Fanatec View Post
    - We will ensure that at least 100 units are sold worldwide below the region RRP.
    100 worldwide, so may be 10-20 units for Australia? Don't know.

The conection is very unstable. A lucky guy got a wheelbase at 1$ probably because this. Looks that you only can get a good price when the web fails and blocks the bids when your's is the last one.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 20-08-2018 at 11:27.

Platform
    PC
    Someone got lucky and bagged a DD1 for 651AUD. The others sold surprisingly expensive so far - I'm not counting the 1$ one, because that's most likely some hiccup were no one was able to log in.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Someone got lucky and bagged a DD1 for 651AUD. The others sold surprisingly expensive so far - I'm not counting the 1$ one, because that's most likely some hiccup were no one was able to log in.
    And another one for 1$. But it happens when the auction page goes down.

Platform
    PC
    I was optimistic for this new auction system, but it's turned out pretty meh.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand