Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Podium DD1 Auction Details!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Damn, I forgot about the auction.

Does anyone have the results. I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a winning bid but it would be nice to know how it went

Platform
    PC
    I've search in the Fanatec forums and nothing found.

In the Fanatec's Facebook I've seen again negative comments about how the system has worked.

Let's see when it comes to other zones, but not much expectation after I've read.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 30-10-2018 at 22:27.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App

Platform
    PC
    I watched some of it, there were no savings according to the sold list on the site. They either need to set a cap well below the MSRP or just scrap the auction idea completely. A waste of time.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    I watched some of it, there were no savings according to the sold list on the site. They either need to set a cap well below the MSRP or just scrap the auction idea completely. A waste of time.
    That's not correct, 20 auctions ended below the MSRP, and 10 of those ended below 1500 AUD, which is what I described in my update post.

Platform
    PC
    The page must have been displaying incorrect winning prices then. The top comment from the DD1 auction thread on r/simracing seems to be the same thing I was seeing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/c...pdate/e8ptmjj/

Apologies if I was wrong, my post was a little blunt after a bad morning. I still think it is a flawed system either way despite the best intentions.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    The page must have been displaying incorrect winning prices then. The top comment from the DD1 auction thread on r/simracing seems to be the same thing I was seeing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/c...pdate/e8ptmjj/

Apologies if I was wrong, my post was a little blunt after a bad morning. I still think it is a flawed system either way despite the best intentions.
    Yes this problem was quickly recified, and the system was reset. You were probably still seeing the old page which contained these erroneous high bids.
    The following user likes this Post: Silraed

Platform
    PC
    That explains it then. Again my apologies.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC

US and EU auction update

Hi everyone,

I’m pleased to confirm that auctions for US and EU customers will commence next week! The auction for the Podium Wheel Base DD1 for Fanatec US customers begins Tuesday 13th November, from 18:00 PST (21:00 EST). This will be followed by the auction for Fanatec Europe, which begins Thursday 15th November, from 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT).

As before, each unit starts at $1 (1€ for Fanatec Europe) with no reserve.

These are the only auction sessions we have planned for these two regions.

Instructions:

- For those based in the relevant region wishing to participate, please create a Fanatec account in advance and log in.
    - Once active, you’ll see an ‘Enter Auction Page’ button on the DD1 product page, which launches a secure bidding area hosted on Amazon’s servers, which has been thoroughly tested for stability. (Anyone can click this link to watch the bids in real-time.)
    - Click to bid as many times as you wish. Each click automatically increases the price by a fixed increment of $10 (10€).
    - After every new bid is placed, a 60-second timer will reset.
    - If there are no new bids after the timer reaches zero, the auction ends, and the winner receives an email with details on how to complete the pre-order.
    - The next auction begins immediately, starting at $1 (1€).

Please note:

- There is an unlimited amount of auctions if the auction ends at $970 (970€) or higher (which is still below the regular price of $999.95 (999.95€).
    - We will stop the auction sessions after 30 units (for US) and 45 units (for Europe) reach an end price below $970 (970€).
    - You will be able to see the previous winning bid values.
    - Any bids above the regular pre-order price are automatically invalid.
    - PLEASE BID CAREFULLY. You will be prevented from bidding on another unit if you win an auction, even if this value is above the MSRP.

Standard pre-orders for both the DD1 and DD2 wheel bases are already available in all regions; the auction system is a genuine opportunity for our customers to score a great pre-order price for this cutting-edge sim hardware.

UPDATE: The US Auction is now closed, thank you for participating. As promised, 30 units sold below $970. Units ending above $970 but below MSRP were also valid; in total 60 units ended below MSRP.
    Last edited by DomB_Fanatec; 14-11-2018 at 06:10.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, eckhchri, Konan

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Wish I could participate, but had to buy a new rig as my old one broke. So since a good rig will cost as much as an entry direct drive... well, you can only spend the money you have once.

I wish everyone good luck with the auction though!
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Konan

Quote Originally Posted by DomB_Fanatec View Post
    Hi everyone,

I’m pleased to confirm that auctions for US and EU customers will commence next week! The auction for the Podium Wheel Base DD1 for Fanatec US customers begins Tuesday 13th November, from 18:00 PST (21:00 EST). This will be followed by the auction for Fanatec Europe, which begins Thursday 15th November, from 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT).

As before, each unit starts at $1 (1€ for Fanatec Europe) with no reserve.

These are the only auction sessions we have planned for these two regions.

Instructions:

- For those based in the relevant region wishing to participate, please create a Fanatec account in advance and log in.
    - Once active, you’ll see an ‘Enter Auction Page’ button on the DD1 product page, which launches a secure bidding area hosted on Amazon’s servers, which has been thoroughly tested for stability. (Anyone can click this link to watch the bids in real-time.)
    - Click to bid as many times as you wish. Each click automatically increases the price by a fixed increment of $10 (10€).
    - After every new bid is placed, a 60-second timer will reset.
    - If there are no new bids after the timer reaches zero, the auction ends, and the winner receives an email with details on how to complete the pre-order.
    - The next auction begins immediately, starting at $1 (1€).

Please note:

- There is an unlimited amount of auctions if the auction ends at $970 (970€) or higher (which is still below the regular price of $999.95 (999.95€).
    - We will stop the auction sessions after 30 units (for US) and 45 units (for Europe) reach an end price below $970 (970€).
    - You will be able to see the previous winning bid values.
    - Any bids above the regular pre-order price are automatically invalid.
    - PLEASE BID CAREFULLY. You will be prevented from bidding on another unit if you win an auction, even if this value is above the MSRP.

Standard pre-orders for both the DD1 and DD2 wheel bases are already available in all regions; the auction system is a genuine opportunity for our customers to score a great pre-order price for this cutting-edge sim hardware.
    Will there be an auction for canadians or will we get pooched like we do with fanatecs shipping rates to canada ?

Was gonna pre order a podium.....than saw how much shipping was.
    Shipping cost for the csw 2.5 bundle is $388 us converted to canadian thats $513 of ridiculous!!!
    Last edited by David Slute; 10-11-2018 at 07:00.
    DirtT Tuned Racing
    Steam ID: [DTR] David Slute

i5 3570k | Corsair 16 GB RAM | SLI EVGA GTX 970 4 GB SSC |Mobo GA-Z77X-UD5H | Samsung Evo 120gb SSD | 2 TB HDD | Corsair 800GS PSU | Windows 10 x64 | Dell 34 " ultrawide 3440 x 1440p | Thrustmaster TX GTE Rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals with inversion kit | Buttkicker Gamer