Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Podium DD1 Auction Details!

Platform
    PC
    Each time the host fails, the last bid wins the auction.

After this, probably no more auctions for the rest of zones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notfound.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	259085
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App

Platform
    PC
    Congratulations to the $1 buggers then I guess. Presuming it'll be honoured.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Given they could of sold 100 of them at $1400 aud or more, stopping at 8 units was interesting.. (With many crashes, login failures etc). Possibly thye just killed it because people couldnt login, bid button broken, but bids going up etc etc.

Congrats to the lucky 2 that seemed to get $1 bid wins with a crash.

Downside is we dont know if its ended, or if they are just fixing something in the background as their website went down and is now up without the icon.
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.

Platform
    PC
    While the auction thing is somehow cool, I fail to understand why Fanatec wants to do it on their servers - they should know by now, that their servers can't handle the stress and break down.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    I'm looking the bid's history and people are raising his own bids to be sure that they have one. Looks easier to win raising and wait the system hangs that waiting for the countdown.
    I think that the system should not allow to raise your own bid, to be fair.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App

Platform
    PC
    Interestingly, if you are on the auction page it's still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I'm looking the bid's history and people are raising his own bids to be sure that they have one.
    At this point I'm not even sure it would have been intentional. There were times where I'm pretty sure the whole thing got out of sync.
    Last edited by Silraed; 20-08-2018 at 11:39.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    While the auction thing is somehow cool, I fail to understand why Fanatec wants to do it on their servers - they should know by now, that their servers can't handle the stress and break down.
    They have told us in the Fanatec forums that they will use Amazon's Servers. I don't know what they finaly have done, but it doesn't work. It will be interesting to follow their forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Interestingly, if you are on the auction page it's still going.
    Yes, but it fails very often. I was seen new bids even after they announced in the forum that the auction was stopped.

Don't would be fairer and easier that they raffle a 30-40% discount code for everyone interested?
    Last edited by Asturbo; 20-08-2018 at 12:05.
    The following user likes this Post: Sean_S36

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I have a feeling they're doing some dynamic testing with us Aussies so the larger regions don't completely break. I think i'm out of the auctions now. getting a 404 error. I was seeing them for a long time. But the bids were too high for my budget.

Saw 16 go

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Interesingly we had a good chat going on in their official facebook feed, after 8 units, the system appeared to crash and their website updated.. however not all users crashed out.
    I asked on their facebook feed if the auction had ended and was advised yes.

There was a few annoyed people posting after this as they couldn't even bid - Interestingly, however there was also people that said they are still in auctions 20 minutes later and bidding on unit 16 and 17, so they were asking are these phantom or fake auctions. Are they actually getting anything, some seemed to indicate they had won - after they advised me it was finished.

Then for everyone else, who crashed, refreshed the page to try to get it work and not login, they are then potentially excluded from these others (If it is indeed legitimately ongoing).

My question is, did they stop people logging in and continue the auction as they could handle the load.. in effect excluding some consumers wanting to purchase. I have asked them to clarify, will see what they respond with.

I wont link to their facebook page - if your interested you can read it yourselves.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davekojo View Post
    I have a feeling they're doing some dynamic testing with us Aussies so the larger regions don't completely break. I think i'm out of the auctions now. getting a 404 error. I was seeing them for a long time. But the bids were too high for my budget.

Saw 16 go
    Yet we couldnt login after 8, i sat through to 8 until i couldnt click bid - it was stuck greyed out. they advised me to re-login - on their facebook page.. at which point it appears they reset their webpage (it was down then up) and they had disabled the auction button.. Yet still proceeded to sell more (In theory) to those who's auctions were still working.. I would like them to confirm if they continued after advising me to re-login, which effectively excluded me.

I'm happy for those that got them, however would prefer it be fair and consistent.