Thread: Change setup without saving?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Change setup without saving?

Morning,

is it possible to make and use a setup without saving it every time? I would like to fiddle a bit without having to
    either save it over an existing or create a new for every little change I do just for a quick try?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quick and Dirty: No

You always need to save the changes or they wont apply. Find yourself a system you can retrace. I personally save a basic setup for a track always named "Car-Track-Number", e.g. "M6GTE-LB-1". If I do major changes its named e.g. "M6-LB-2". If I just do minor changes to check if its working better or worse, they are named e.g. "M6GTE-LB-2a". And if I notice this change worked, the setup gets immetiately saved as "M6GTE-LB-3", and all older ones are deleted. If it doesnt work, I'll delete it at once and reload the last working one.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing4Life View Post
    Quick and Dirty: No

You always need to save the changes or they wont apply. Find yourself a system you can retrace. I personally save a basic setup for a track always named "Car-Track-Number", e.g. "M6GTE-LB-1". If I do major changes its named e.g. "M6-LB-2". If I just do minor changes to check if its working better or worse, they are named e.g. "M6GTE-LB-2a". And if I notice this change worked, the setup gets immetiately saved as "M6GTE-LB-3", and all older ones are deleted. If it doesnt work, I'll delete it at once and reload the last working one.
    Yup. I do basically the same procedure, but with "Car name (abbreviated)_1 (or "_2" etc accordingly (Just wish that 1st name field could have included more characters though. My pet peeve.
    In the 2nd field below for other description I include track name and tuner name if I got a tune from someone. Otherwise I leave the end description as "Loose" in that field. Fortunately that second field can include more characters which is helpful for reference.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Yup. I do basically the same procedure, but with "Car name (abbreviated)_1 (or "_2" etc accordingly (Just wish that 1st name field could have included more characters though. My pet peeve.
    In the 2nd field below for other description I include track name and tuner name if I got a tune from someone. Otherwise I leave the end description as "Loose" in that field. Fortunately that second field can include more characters which is helpful for reference.
    I wasn't aware you could change the 2nd field as well.
    ---
    PSN ID: pyrates2000
    Always looking for clean racers
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    not an ideal system if you use vr. (unless you can touch type)

i have to make change to setup, remove headphones, remove HMD, put glasses on so I can read screen, type in name for setup,save setup, take glasses off, put HMD on, put headphones on. go drive (and hope I don't need to make any more changes)

even more impossible if you don't have the game mirrored to the monitor.

I mostly just drive default setups now as a result, cos it's a PITA to make changes.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: davidt33, Twinz

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrates View Post
    I wasn't aware you could change the 2nd field as well.
    Yeah that second field is the best to include additional data as I mentioned, and can be edited also, with bonus 'cause it hold quite a lot more text for useful reference.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4
    Track_track variation_tire compound (where applicable)_setup #

Tunes on console are car specific, so I can't load an M6 GTLM tune for the M6 GT3, for example.
    Some cars I have 2-3 base tunes so each variation is saved 1a/b/c 2a/b/c...
    For example Silverstone international will be shortened to:
    Silver inter soft 1b
    If it's a variation of default it's defa, defb...
    Description has track temp the tune is for, fuel consumption in litres/lap, anything else I feel necessary.
    I think it's necessary to have tire and track temp related in the tune, so you know you can get away with a softer compound at a warm track or you need a hard compound at a 30℃ track which is not common but can happen in some cases.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat