Thread: Cannot connect Wheel Base to PC

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Cannot connect Wheel Base to PC

I run the the Forza Motorsport Wheel, Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 and connect to my Xbox and i want to update the firmware to the latest version
    On my PC i have updated the firmware but when i connect the wheelbase to my PC it seems my PC does not recognize or will not accept the USB connection. When i push the USB connector from the wheelbase into the PC my PC does not give the typical sound when i successfully connect any other USB devise. Due to this i cannot update the firmware.
    Has anyone else experienced this and how do i fix the problem?
    Thanks,
    Charlie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi Charlie have you power going to wheel is it plugged in and switched on at mains?Are the relevant drivers installed on the pc?
    Last edited by Twang; 03-09-2018 at 10:09.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring2019 View Post
    I run the the Forza Motorsport Wheel, Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 and connect to my Xbox and i want to update the firmware to the latest version
    On my PC i have updated the firmware but when i connect the wheelbase to my PC it seems my PC does not recognize or will not accept the USB connection. When i push the USB connector from the wheelbase into the PC my PC does not give the typical sound when i successfully connect any other USB devise. Due to this i cannot update the firmware.
    Thanks,
    Charlie
    My wheelbase does the same thing sometimes. I have to manually go into my device manager and uninstall the USB driver (with wheel base plugged into the PC, it will give you a yellow warning next to it) Uninstall driver, unplug the base. When you plug it back in, it will reinstall the driver and detect it.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring2019 View Post
    Thanks,
    Charlie
    So you updated the firmware on PC but now you cannot connect the base anymore to update the firmware?
    I would recommend first to connect wheel base to the PC, and then power on the wheel, not the other way around.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the replies.
    Yes, the power to the wheel base is on and all the necessary drives are on the PC.

I would recommend first to connect wheel base to the PC, and then power on the wheel, not the other way around.
    I have tried every combination of powering different devises are different times. It is really annoying!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Did you try to uninstall the usb driver and let it auto detect it again?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****