Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia RTX

Platform
    PC
    Indeed, this is Assetto Corsa 2, but I can't wait to see how it will impact performances. Realistic shadows was already something heavy, but they also used it for reflections of off-screen assets ... I suppose some people like to race at 30fps.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't care about the ray tracing, but Pacrs2 really could use that DLSS!!!

they said its not game specific, but then said that in the future "most" games would support DLSS. that sounded contradictory to me. If its an easy patch to implement, I really hope SMS considers it. The AA in this game is lackluster, if DLSS is as good as reported it could really help this title as it might be a long wait til we get Pcars3 (which I hope is still coming).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, DaWorstPlaya

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    Indeed, this is Assetto Corsa 2, but I can't wait to see how it will impact performances. Realistic shadows was already something heavy, but they also used it for reflections of off-screen assets ... I suppose some people like to race at 30fps.
    And current info says its capped at 1080p, so no widescreens and/or triples - at least the tech demos (Tomb raider and BfV) are all RTX at 1080p Tomb raider couldnt hold 60fps, but its alpha and drivers still being developed.. (They look amazing however).. but i doubt my triples would ever render ACC in 5760x1080 full RTX

What will be good is when developers "Cheat" and you some raytracing (1000 samples instead of 100,000 samples), and put approximation algorithms in to fill the gaps.. Then we can get almost raytraceing (The same look) using the new hardware, but still get larger framerates than doing a full raytrace build. (Guess thats all in the code and optimisations)
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Nvidia RTX

Hello,

Any chance to see an update with the addition of some Nvidia RTX features?
    Like in Asseto Corsa Competizione I think that it is a great help to have the possibility to create an hybrid renderer.
    Their is some issue in PCars 2 like the shadows blinking when the sunset or rising sun, during this time lights of cars have any effects on the road, but with casted shadows the track can be pretty dark.
    Raytracing should be helpful during those lighting transitions, without talking about the shadows precision that improve the contact aspect of tires with road (because their is no bias),...

There is also some tracks on which we can see the vertical offset between textures layers.

I hope at least it will be considered for Pcars 3.

Platform
    PC
    OMG. you cannot change a graphics engine with a little patch.
    Kunos did that for a complete new product, and if you read their FAQ carefully, you'll see, that consoles will come later, modding also, as they have to learn to handle that new engine.

thats why -> no snip, here it is.
    No RTX for pCars2.
    Sorry pal, stop dreaming.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Urban Chaos 2.0

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    ^ What he said, besides those points it's also not a principle of SMS to adopt vendor specific features. So if they will do ray tracing than it'll be using DirectX its TraceRay API (if at all albeit they might not even do that) and do something similar Nvidia does but than in-house made specifically to work with their Madness Engine so that it (if the computation power is there) can be applied cross platform. Albeit using a DX api might mean issues for platform compatibility with Sony consoles.

So yeah, if they do it than they'll develop their own solution which won't be seen any earlier than in their next game... if at all as it might be too consuming for the application and the current computation power. Cause remember... pCARS uses a lot of it already in other areas of the game.

Same goes for DLSS AA i'm afraid.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    For a game that is already hard to run, I suspect if it could do Ray Tracing, even with the RTX 2080Ti, you'd lose half your frames compared to what you have now. Personally I'd ignore RTX for a while, until more games support it, it's optimised and NVidia stop the massive rip off which are the prices of the new 2000 series cards (what happened to new gen being faster for (almost) the same price? - 500 more for the new Ti model - pffffft - shill attempt to move the price bracket for the cards into bit-coin craze territory, without the bit coin craze).
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, cpcdem, FxUK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    And even with RTX enabled.
    If you want anything more than 1080p you would do 30fps, even with the $1300 2080ti.

And seriously. When your doing 250kph towards a hairpin turn you want as much fps you can get to best hit your brake point.

You are not going to be thinking much about how that tail light reflect just a little better than before in that puddle you only saw for half a second.

This feature is going to become "the most likely to be turned off" for most games until you want take a screenshot.

Sure Nvidia wants you to buy in on the RTX.
    But this flight is barely boarding and they are trying to distract from the fact they have yet to weld the wings on.
    Last edited by TorTorden; 04-09-2018 at 17:31.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: FxUK, Invincible, satco1066

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Right now: RTX is a new-found gimmick. There's nothing new about ray tracing, and what has been displayed so far has been unimpressive. Currently: reflection resolutions are very low, and there's been no mention of performance metrics, nor the screen-space constraints which have been imposed on the of the lacklustre renders Nvidia has demonstrated. The only reason Nvidia is doing this, is to necessitate more powerful GPUs. Dx11 and (Dx12 to some extent) has been familiarised to the game dev industry, in a manner which has made very beautiful games far more accessible to midrange hardware than in the past. Such an environment is great for PC gamers, but not so great for the folks who need a reason to sell you more expensive stuff. Even with the introduction of 4K and multi-screen configurations, GPU processing power is too rapidly catching up. As I foresaw years ago: ray-tracing was the next, soon-approaching step. It is a shame though, that Nvidia seems to have locked their implementation to their brand of GPUs, and as they clearly seem to have done with Physx, it's obvious they will not optimise it to the best of their ability.

What we need is a new software standard, around which hardware can be built. Not this gimmicky "Nvidia RTX" nonsense.
    Last edited by Urban Chaos 2.0; 04-09-2018 at 20:45.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    OMG. you cannot change a graphics engine with a little patch.

Sorry pal, stop dreaming.
    Nvidia's RTX feature won't require developers to completely re-write their graphics engine. The Battlefield V developers managed to implement an initial working version of some RTX-based lighting effects in 2 weeks. They'll probably want to invest more time to optimize it more, though.

But you're right. Considering how many open bugs PCars2 has, and considering that the PCars2 developers can't even add some trivial multiplayer lobby filter options to the game, I don't expect them to be able to add RTX support to the game.
    The following user likes this Post: Scott Coffey