Platform
    PC
    no comment......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTX-Money.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	259669
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following 12 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, CodeCmdr, FxUK, Invincible, Killso2, Mad LL, pferreirag60, poirqc, PostBox981, Reiche, rocho, Rodders

Platform
    PC
    I might have to steal that image satco1066
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    Right now: RTX is a new-found gimmick. There's nothing new about ray tracing, and what has been displayed so far has been unimpressive. Currently: reflection resolutions are very low, and there's been no mention of performance metrics, nor the screen-space constraints which have been imposed on the of the lacklustre renders Nvidia has demonstrated. The only reason Nvidia is doing this, is to necessitate more powerful GPUs. Dx11 and (Dx12 to some extent) has been familiarised to the game dev industry, in a manner which has made very beautiful games far more accessible to midrange hardware than in the past. Such an environment is great for PC gamers, but not so great for the folks who need a reason to sell you more expensive stuff. Even with the introduction of 4K and multi-screen configurations, GPU processing power is too rapidly catching up. As I foresaw years ago: ray-tracing was the next, soon-approaching step. It is a shame though, that Nvidia seems to have locked their implementation to their brand of GPUs, and as they clearly seem to have done with Physx, it's obvious they will not optimise it to the best of their ability.

What we need is a new software standard, around which hardware can be built. Not this gimmicky "Nvidia RTX" nonsense.
    You do realise MS has extended DX12 to add ray tracing (DirectX Raytracing or DXR) so the way the hardware is done is all abstracted to the same intermediate layer. Meaning AMD can come out with their own version of ray tracing hardware and it would work too... it even has a software fallback layer

The whole point about ray tracing is it removes the need to keep finding more elaborate ways to cheat.. yes, the hardware needs to be more powerful, but you need to get the first step in...

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, cluck, Hlspwn, Invincible, Killso2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Indeed, there is nothing new about ray-tracing, heck it's been around since the 1960's.
    And we have all seen it, it has been used for pretty much any CGI effect in movies since the late 80's, and tv shows since the late 90's.

Granted for a fully ray-traced image, like a Pixar movie take aboout 30 hours per frame to render.
    And RTX does not even come close to a fully raytraced frame yet, it's a quick effect mostly used for some shadows and or reflections.

Now, it is a giant leap forwards in hardware raytracing but that is a bout it.
    And honestly more than five years away from being 'important' for gaming, at which point we will have 2080ti performance for 1050ti money at least.

Sadly, AMD can't even keep up with Pascal.

And with Turing I think it could quite easily be said that Nvidia has at least ten years head start compared to AMD. That's how long Nvidia has been developing Turing behind the scenes.

They simply haven't had the resources to keep a similar research project going and will now pretty much have to start from scratch.
    It is not looking good for AMD GPU's.

On top of this Intel has been recruiting their top guys for a year.
    Now Intel is actually closer than AMD to provide real competition, I suspect they are about to dust off and improve on the work from Larrabee and not to mention, the money to fund such a project.

So I doubt intel will see any real competition from AMD any time soon.
    At best bet they will rule supreme for another couple of years and that is assuming Intel will pull something amazing out of their hat in two to three years time.
    Last edited by TorTorden; 05-09-2018 at 13:12.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.

I´m sorry, but you are wrong. Amd have not loosed technical to Nvidia, not even in software. Amd in the professional marketing have ray-tracing support in there professional cards. The problem with Amd was money, they could not produce two different cards to two different market´s. So they choose to do one card fits all. We will have to wait until 2020 to have something that will compete with Nvidia at the top. And in 2020, we will also have Intel, so it will be a 3 horse race
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - GTX 1080 TI (1900MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pferreirag60 View Post
    And in 2020, we will also have Intel, so it will be a 3 horse race
    Of which one is expensive AF, one is crippled and slow and the other one is a baby.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    You do realise MS has extended DX12 to add ray tracing (DirectX Raytracing or DXR) so the way the hardware is done is all abstracted to the same intermediate layer. Meaning AMD can come out with their own version of ray tracing hardware and it would work too... it even has a software fallback layer

The whole point about ray tracing is it removes the need to keep finding more elaborate ways to cheat.. yes, the hardware needs to be more powerful, but you need to get the first step in...
    A small step from Nvidia but a huge step for game development.

... that is how I see it. Even when it might not be applicable in all games right away. It was the same with all earlier new tech.

GeForce 3: Introduced programmable vertex and pixel shaders, but only was really usable in the next generation of cards... the GeForce 4.

Also with the introduction of Physx the cards weren't up to the task in real world scenarios, and it was deemed as too heavy for it adding merely naturally waving clothing and such.

So yeah, if you really want a card for Ray Tracing than it might be better to wait a generation.
    If you are into VR and/or also like to play around with the latest tech, the more powerful card can be an option. Although even than I wouldn't buy a new card every generation, so if you are on a 1000 series card I wouldn't upgrade.

This of course apart from the discussion if the prices asked are either ridiculous or well within the realm of reason.
    Straight up it is a cuckoo pricing but we don't know anything from independent sources about how the real world performance or this new generation is, how it compares and if all the R&D gone into it is in the end quite visible and worth it in the end product.
    I mean, for us oldies an Amiga 2000 in the 80s wasn't cheap either. It was at the time a piece of ultimate tech for at home (or in studios for music or rendering for TV and movies).

No matter what. It isn't cheap and if you consider that you merely use it to play a game, how much do you love games to spend that much money on one computation task for that single card?
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Hlspwn, MaximusN, TorTorden

Platform
    PC
    Thats all right, Christaan.
    RTX or similar extensions will make their market in some years. No doubt about it.
    Devs will adapt new games, will find all possible tweaks to let the tensor and rtx cores work as intended and will also find methods to use this power for other kind of things.
    GPU computing is powerful.

But current state is embrio to baby. Some devs and early adopters have it, as eyecatcher and for marketing reasons. Current games will have low to no advantage.

But OP asked if we will see it in pCars2. And there is just one answer.
    99.9999999% NO.
    IMHO a 2 Seasonpass has more chance to come up.

BTW. In my basement there are: 1 Amiga 1000, 2 Amiga 2000 , 1 A3000, 1 A3000T , 1 A4000 and 1 4000T. All bought by myself for professional use in video production.
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following 3 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, Mad Al, Reiche

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    Thats all right, Christaan.
    RTX or similar extensions will make their market in some years. No doubt about it.
    Devs will adapt new games, will find all possible tweaks to let the tensor and rtx cores work as intended and will also find methods to use this power for other kind of things.
    GPU computing is powerful.

But current state is embrio to baby. Some devs and early adopters have it, as eyecatcher and for marketing reasons. Current games will have low to no advantage.

But OP asked if we will see it in pCars2. And there is just one answer.
    99.9999999% NO.
    IMHO a 2 Seasonpass has more chance to come up.

BTW. In my basement there are: 1 Amiga 1000, 2 Amiga 2000 , 1 A3000, 1 A3000T , 1 A4000 and 1 4000T. All bought by myself for professional use in video production.
    Yeah, well... as far as the OP his question goes I already answered it. If SMS does Ray Tracing they will do it with their own algorithm/tech developed in-house so that it can compile with their Madness engine in such a way that it can be applied cross platform.
    So no way that such a big task will be added to an already marketed and by now old game. The returns won't be there, and as said... the supporting tech isn't really there yet to do it. Let alone going VR crazy with it (those are just wild dreams still).

I am quite on the fence to be honest if I will save up for an Rtx or not. Albeit mainly for the extra power to use with VR as my 970 is really at the lower limit of what is possible, so to properly enjoy VR an upgrade is actually necessary.
    Don't get me wrong though, the pricing is a big hurdle for me.

Anyway, can't wait on the Rtx benchmarks, what the devs can do with the raw power of those cards and if there will be a 2nd season pass... preferably with a Yellowbird, Ferrari F1, Alfa Romeo, Donkervoort en maybe some more old DTM cars (Opel, Nissan, etc). Oh and preferably some Lotus competition.

Now that I applied Remco his law, let me last say that I only have 1 Amiga 2000 on the attic. Which my father once bought to be as an upgrade his Sinclair ZX Spectrum as he wanted to know more about computers and so on. Later to buy a 486DX2 though. Still, the Amiga bought for 4000 Dutch gulden was kept till this day.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    I might have to steal that image satco1066
    I already did
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: FxUK