Thread: Traction and stability control

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Traction and stability control

Hello there, new player here. Just in transition from GT Sport to PCARS. In GT traction control and stability control make you slower (this is particularly noticeable in tracks like Willow Springs). Does it happen the same here in PCARS? Thanks

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    About TC, it depends on the car, driver, conditions, settings. In PCARS2 you have full control on how intrusive the system is, if you make it very intrusive then it will activate all the time and will slow you down. If you put it on the other extreme of the scale or disable it, you can be potentially faster, but with many cars it will be easier to spin out.. There's no definitive answer to this, it all depends.

Similarly with SC, it is usually very intrusive (you cannot adjust scale on this one) and will slow you down, mainly it makes it difficult to go sideways a little bit while cornering and point the car where you want. On the other hand, with some cars (especially some of the fast recent-era road cars) it is very easy to lose them under cornering without it, so it can end up making you go faster if you use it. Again depends on car, track, skill etc.

Edit: Btw, welcome here
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Cano Motorsports, Casey Ringley, hkraft300, morpwr, Urban Chaos 2.0

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I've been reading the SC description and it definitely must slow you down, I have to test this but I imagine in Willow Spring it would be constantly ON. Since most lobbies and leagues seem to run TC and SC off I think I'll start like this from the beginning, I can't miss them if I don't learnt with them (not going to be easy though).

I'm almost 7 feet tall, in my case is more about the distance between the seat and the pedals, the further the better for throttle control. This always remind me to Black Hawk Down, that 'this is my safety' moment.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano Motorsports View Post
    I've been reading the SC description and it definitely must slow you down, I have to test this but I imagine in Willow Spring it would be constantly ON. Since most lobbies and leagues seem to run TC and SC off I think I'll start like this from the beginning, I can't miss them if I don't learnt with them (not going to be easy though).

I'm almost 7 feet tall, in my case is more about the distance between the seat and the pedals, the further the better for throttle control. This always remind me to Black Hawk Down, that 'this is my safety' moment.

Some cars really need traction control and where designed to use it. With some of the hyper cars this is really apparent. SC you can turn off without any serious problems but you will have to learn to control the cars.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Hey, why can't you just use "Authentic" for Stability Control? That way for the Road cars that benefit from it is available and the cars that don't have it you can just drive as it will be off. As cpcdem has already mentioned TC is invaluable on some cars such as GT3s so turning it off will just make you slower.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-09-07 22-22-43-14.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	259739
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the replies, I aspire to get into serious competition, the faster the better. I will have to BOP test the cars from GT3 and higher level. Do you know weather in official competition there is any limit about BOP? Thanks