Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer and "Waiting": A glitch?

Kart Driver

Multiplayer and "Waiting": A glitch?

1)OK so I refresh the lobby list and see a list of lobbies. I decide to enter a GT3 session because the list says there's about 3 minutes remaining in the qualifying session. I enter the session, wait a few seconds and then assume the bottom of the screen is going to change from "Waiting" to "Join". But nope....still says "Waiting"......"Waiting"......"Waiting"....after about 3 or minutes of "Waiting", it changes to "Spectate". Are you kidding me? The game said that there was 3 minutes left until qualifying is over! Why did it have me waiting and wouldn't allow me to join?

So I back out, click on another session that, according to the page, says there's about 2 minutes remaining until qualifying is over. Guess what? Same. I'm stuck on "Waiting" indefinitely until the Race starts, and then I can "Spectate". What is going on here???? How much time needs to be remaining before you are allowed to join the other drivers in a qualifying session?

2)Not nearly as big a deal as #1, but when I'm spectating a race, why doesn't the game tell me which car the person I'm watching is driving? It only has a small icon but doesn't say the car they're driving. I know this might sound stupid but I don't follow motorsports to the degree that I can easily make out the exact make and model of a race car by just looking at it. I'd at least like to the game to tell me something li8ke "John Doe - Driving the Ferrari 488 Challenge GT3 Car" or something.
    Last edited by Mahjik; 07-09-2018 at 14:57. Reason: Language

Platform
    PC
    For players joining an active qualifying or practice session, there is now a 3-minute cut-off as the session approaches completion, after which it will no longer be possible to join the session.
    Patch 1.3:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ates-Changelog

In short, you need at least 4 minutes left.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EV3RY, Konan

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Patch 1.3:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ates-Changelog

In short, you need at least 4 minutes left.
    Apologies for the foul language. Thanks for the clarification, it's noted. If I'm honest however, that really sucks IMO. No wonder I have such a difficult time getting into a session. Most of the time, the lobby is either running with less than 4 minutes left to qualy, or is already racing. I think the qualy duration times that people are selecting(ie 20 minutes/30 minutes) is already far too long to begin with. Iracing and even GT Sport have a much better online structure in this regard.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I upgraded from PC1 to PC2 hoping to find a lower moron-count for online. Unfortunately though I'm finding it literally impossible to join any races, I don't get it at all. Usually the 'waiting' thing, or kicked off without explanation or right at the start.

I'm bemused... There must be a great many players out there, this is one of the few, and best, sims on PS4....yet online feels like this tiny community with very limited opportunities? I don't get it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It is an absolutely rediculous thing that cut off time, no good reason people shouldnt be able to join and just start from the back of the grid.

When it says 3 minutes remaining, it will be more like 5 minutes before race start, LOADS OF TIME TO PICK A CAR AND LOAD IN!!!
    i7 4960X / Asus P9X79 PRO / 32gig DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX in quad channel / Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC / tripple Asus PG27VQ monitors / nVIDIA 3D Vision / Crucial MX500 x2 in RAID0 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe / Windows 8.1 PRO
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Casethecorvetteman View Post
    It is an absolutely rediculous thing that cut off time, no good reason people shouldnt be able to join and just start from the back of the grid.

When it says 3 minutes remaining, it will be more like 5 minutes before race start, LOADS OF TIME TO PICK A CAR AND LOAD IN!!!
    Yep, it's beyond silly.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It seems beyond silly that those griping above don't grasp why fast people joining at the back having not run in qualifying may lead to a race disrupted by incidents.

Clearly the purpose of qualifying is to seed players at the start to make the race safer and more rewarding everyone.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    It seems beyond silly that those griping above don't grasp why fast people joining at the back having not run in qualifying may lead to a race disrupted by incidents.

Clearly the purpose of qualifying is to seed players at the start to make the race safer and more rewarding everyone.
    It's a VERY big problem for leagues though. Because unfortunately disconnects are a very common thing in PCARS2, when someone gets a disc in the last 3-4 minutes of quali, he is doomed, he/she may have prepared for this race for a week and suddenly simply cannot join the lobby anymore. Such a feature really should had been optional, up to the host to allow or not allow last minute rejoins.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    It seems beyond silly that those griping above don't grasp why fast people joining at the back having not run in qualifying may lead to a race disrupted by incidents..
    I've been in races like that and fast drivers starting from the back were almost never caused problems. They are fast and they know how to drive. They know how to pass people safely

Also, I am relatively slow and also typically careful and courteous (I try to move off the line for faster drivers rather than get into a dangerous fight that I will lose anyway, I try to wait for clear track before rejoining, etc), so I wouldn't likely cause problems. So many times I found that one online race that I would really like to join, and 3 min of quali left, can't race.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    I've been in races like that and fast drivers starting from the back were almost never caused problems. They are fast and they know how to drive. They know how to pass people safely

Also, I am relatively slow and also typically careful and courteous (I try to move off the line for faster drivers rather than get into a dangerous fight that I will lose anyway, I try to wait for clear track before rejoining, etc), so I wouldn't likely cause problems. So many times I found that one online race that I would really like to join, and 3 min of quali left, can't race.
    Your approach is laudable but may not apply to everyone.
    It remains a fact that all major classes of racing with simultaneous starts, I think, use a qualifying system to partly ensure safe and competitive racing when the grid contains players of differing ability.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com