Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer and "Waiting": A glitch?

Platform
    PC
    Except occasionally there are completely or partially reverse grids...

What i am trying to say that I don't buy the argument "fast drivers in the back will cause incidents". Good fast drivers will rarely cause incidents whether they start from the back or from the front. Actually, in some cases starting from the back may beneficial for them especially in races with damage. They won't be crashed from behind in T1 and that will save them a visit to the pit.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Except occasionally there are completely or partially reverse grids...

What i am trying to say that I don't buy the argument "fast drivers in the back will cause incidents". Good fast drivers will rarely cause incidents whether they start from the back or from the front. Actually, in some cases starting from the back may beneficial for them especially in races with damage. They won't be crashed from behind in T1 and that will save them a visit to the pit.
    Yes, occasionally there may be reversed grids but the norm is for seeded grids for the reasons I suggested above.

The option of turning it off for structured league racing as suggested by cpdem to avoid disco discomfort seems a good one.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    It seems beyond silly that those griping above don't grasp why fast people joining at the back having not run in qualifying may lead to a race disrupted by incidents.

Clearly the purpose of qualifying is to seed players at the start to make the race safer and more rewarding everyone.
    The rating system is there to stop such silliness.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    It seems beyond silly that those griping above don't grasp why fast people joining at the back having not run in qualifying may lead to a race disrupted by incidents.

Clearly the purpose of qualifying is to seed players at the start to make the race safer and more rewarding everyone.
    What garbage.

You know as well as i do that the safest place to start is at the back, you avoid all the first corner bingles and there is a very good chance you will still finish high up if you are good enough to drive safe.

I almost never bother to qualify, due to the fact you have a pretty high chance of being rammed come first corner by a driver that can drive fine on their own but is unable to judge braking distances when in a large pack.

Starting from the rear is fine, and certainly far better than having to wait 15 minutes to actually play at all.
    i7 4960X / Asus P9X79 PRO / 32gig DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX in quad channel / Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC / tripple Asus PG27VQ monitors / nVIDIA 3D Vision / Crucial MX500 x2 in RAID0 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe / Windows 8.1 PRO

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Casethecorvetteman View Post
    What garbage.

You know as well as i do that the safest place to start is at the back, you avoid all the first corner bingles and there is a very good chance you will still finish high up if you are good enough to drive safe.

I almost never bother to qualify, due to the fact you have a pretty high chance of being rammed come first corner by a driver that can drive fine on their own but is unable to judge braking distances when in a large pack.

Starting from the rear is fine, and certainly far better than having to wait 15 minutes to actually play at all.
    Completely and demonstrably correct.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Casethecorvetteman View Post
    What garbage.

Completely and demonstrably correct.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Whatever strident opinions some have it isn't a glitch as suggested by the op but an attempt to ensure grids are seeded as per irl.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PC
    Either way its not going to change - no new patches.
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think the reason for this change (this 3 minute limit was introduced some months after the game release) did not have to do with what you are suggesting, IIRC it was an attempt to improve the problem with extreme lag at the moment new drivers joined, that 3 minute cut off ensured that at least the last minutes of qualifying were lag free. Later a different solution to this problem was introduced (that indeed fixed the problem), but unfortunately IMO this 3 minute cut off workaround was not removed as well. At least this is what I remember of it, could be wrong though.

Platform
    PC
    cpcdem - you are right they implemented the 3 minute cutoff as session approaches completion, to prevent joining at a time when an advance session is imminent, or when the players are returning to the lobby
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem