Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer and "Waiting": A glitch?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I must admit I also like to start from the back
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    I must admit I also like to start from the back
    Thats what she said
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Whatever strident opinions some have it isn't a glitch as suggested by the op but an attempt to ensure grids are seeded as per irl.
    Which as we have clearly indicated, is an absolute crock and nothing short of a joke that will contribute to an early ending to the online mode of this game.

Servers could easily have far more players in if not for this stupidity.

You seed all ya like, i can start from the rear and still win safely, and im sure as hell not the only one either.
    i7 4960X / Asus P9X79 PRO / 32gig DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX in quad channel / Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC / tripple Asus PG27VQ monitors / nVIDIA 3D Vision / Crucial MX500 x2 in RAID0 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe / Windows 8.1 PRO

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMWWebb View Post
    Thats what she said
    She did yes, i was there, heard her say it!
    i7 4960X / Asus P9X79 PRO / 32gig DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX in quad channel / Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC / tripple Asus PG27VQ monitors / nVIDIA 3D Vision / Crucial MX500 x2 in RAID0 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe / Windows 8.1 PRO
    The following user likes this Post: MartinMWWebb

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Casethecorvetteman View Post
    Which as we have clearly indicated, is an absolute crock and nothing short of a joke that will contribute to an early ending to the online mode of this game.

Servers could easily have far more players in if not for this stupidity.
    Despite this problem and many other problems or baffling design decisions, online participation in this game seems more or less constant in the last year or so, in pretty good shape compared to most other sims (at least for the PC platform), so it looks like there will be no "ending" at all in the near future. But I agree, if it wasn't for those problems, numbers would had probably been even way better.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Despite this problem and many other problems or baffling design decisions, online participation in this game seems more or less constant in the last year or so, in pretty good shape compared to most other sims (at least for the PC platform), so it looks like there will be no "ending" at all in the near future. But I agree, if it wasn't for those problems, numbers would had probably been even way better.
    Yeah, I did online quali the other night and tapped the esc key when the results came up. Back the race central for me and out of the race, without an 'do you want to leave yes or no' option. Like you say, ' baffling design decisions'.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    if you turn the key and pull it out in your real car, does your car ask you if you really want to do it or not?
    If you stumble over a stone, does your shoe ask you if you want to take that step back?
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    if you turn the key and pull it out in your real car, does your car ask you if you really want to do it or not?
    If you stumble over a stone, does your shoe ask you if you want to take that step back?
    I would really like to hear what you would say if you accidentally selected "Format drive" instead of the command just below it that you intended to select, and MS had the brilliant idea to also not ask for confirmation on this

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    Stupid analogy. PC2 asks for conformation when you want to exit back to the desk top but not when you leave a server in between quali and race when you hit ESC which is beyond stupid. As soon as the quali results come up you are one ESC away from instantly leaving the server and that must have caught out many people and really hacked them off. The ‘Return to race central’ option is stupid as well, it should say ‘Retire from race meeting’ or similar and retire confirmation. Whoever designed this needs shooting.
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

Platform
    PC
    Agreed (maybe not with the "shooting" part). The user interface of the menu has so many problems. When I enter an online lobby, and decide to leave it without joining for any reason (including "game won't allow"), it should put me back in the list of lobbies, not in the "quick play" menu above.

Post-race "save replay" is often shown for far too short time (or maybe not at all sometimes) and there is not auto-save. Saving replays is not only for fun, it is also crucial for protests in organized racing like SRS.

Another annoyance is that the game does not allow to disable controlling menu with the wheel. Meaning, that if I stop with the wheels turned, and go to a menu, the menu goes crazy if there is any option changeable with the wheel. Most annoying scenario is: I went off in practice or quali, I teleport to pit to change setup to prevent that in the future, enter setup, and suddenly a setup setting changes like crazy because, while going off, I had by wheel turned.