Thread: Graphics settings for Screenshots?

Platform
    PC

Graphics settings for Screenshots?

Hey guys just curios what all graphic settings you guys use for some of the Amazing looking Screenshots I've seen around this forum. I mostly play in VR but I love to switch over to the 2d version of the game to take Screenshots, but mine never look quit as good as some of these.

For example here is a picture I've recently taken.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-07-17 11.07.43 1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	259767
    RacingSimTools.com : Owner
    PC2Tuner, Car Tuning Software - https://www.racingsimtools.com/product-page/pc2tuner
    Tuning Discord :https://discord.gg/w2MeTey

Platform
    PC
    I'm racing in VR as well which sucks for making screenshots.

I usually save the replay of a session (raced in VR) and then switch over to the 2D version of the game and start the replay there.

What helps a lot to increase the smoothness of the AA is to set a DSR factor via NVidia control panel. I set it to 4.0x so the image is rendered in 6880x2880 instead of 3440x1440; smoothing is set to 8% I think, inspired by the settings of K34sc in his signature.

In replay you can go into photo mode, of course, or play around with fast-forward to create more (background) blur.

In Steam settings, there's also a tick box to save uncompressed copies of the screenshot (taken with F12)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Zeratall

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    It mostly comes down to the filters - brightness and contrast play a BIG part in giving an image a bit more life. Play with the various effects in the 1st slider bar, with the % level of them also in the 2nd bar. For instance, the High Contrast filter can work really well at around 80%, but that filter can be bad for some images where the image is already very bright.

Really it's just down to having a play with the settings and seeing what works for you.

Also, if you have an NVidia card and a normal 1920x1080 monitor, try the DSR feature in the NVidia control panel, as that will render the scene at up to double the resolution in each plane (giving an equivalent of 3840x2160). You can then resize the image back down to 1920x1080 and it will look better than one taken at a native 1920x1080 (EDIT : Ah, what Reiche said )

EDIT : Also, one other thing. I know a lot of people take shots from replays but mine are always taken from the moment, pausing the live gameplay. Of course, this is impossible in a multiplayer race but there's nothing stopping you doing that in singleplayer mode. When I'm going to take a screenshot, I'm loading up the game with the express purpose of doing so, I don't have the time to let the race run through and then start watching the replay.
    Last edited by cluck; 09-09-2018 at 11:21.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Reiche, wabi, Zeratall

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for all the suggestions, DSR is amazing, this was the result. Taken from a RacingSimTools Lobby I hosted tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	259807
    RacingSimTools.com : Owner
    PC2Tuner, Car Tuning Software - https://www.racingsimtools.com/product-page/pc2tuner
    Tuning Discord :https://discord.gg/w2MeTey
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, hotak, lawfulharbor218, Reiche