Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: [PC] Patch 7.0 Discussion thread

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The Marek LMP2 has an awkward launch with the auto-clutch.
    It almost stalls off the line before gaining RPM again resulting in a very slow start.

Can be mitigated by pressing down the clutch yourself.

Is this a bug with the latest patch or is that working as intended?

*I haven't used the car prior to this patch.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    The Marek LMP2 has an awkward launch with the auto-clutch.
    It almost stalls off the line before gaining RPM again resulting in a very slow start.

Can be mitigated by pressing down the clutch yourself.

Is this a bug with the latest patch or is that working as intended?

*I haven't used the car prior to this patch.
    Considering most modern race cars are not built/geared for standing starts, this really doesn't surprise me. Between the gearing and the TCS, it's not at all a surprise.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: sas5320

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Considering most modern race cars are not built/geared for standing starts, this really doesn't surprise me. Between the gearing and the TCS, it's not at all a surprise.
    I don't think the Marek's gearing is the issue in this case since 1st gear is short enough by itself for all LMP2s with TC off and the Judds and Oreca don't exhibit that behavior with TC on or off in launch. The RWD P20 suffers the same problem.

So what happens is: the car launches at about 5400-5600 RPM, hits 21~ mph quickly, then the RPM just tanks to 1300~ and the car begins to crawl out of 21~ mph. During all that, the TC indicator does not blink active and the auto-clutch indicator does not change (??). However, turn TC off and the problem goes away...

but therein might lie another issue, if TC is being activated internally by the game, then it isn't being represented in the UI.

Test:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqAmyQeLN28

What do you think?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I don't think the Marek's gearing is the issue in this case since 1st gear is short enough by itself for all LMP2s with TC off and the Judds and Oreca don't exhibit that behavior with TC on or off in launch. The RWD P20 suffers the same problem.

So what happens is: the car launches at about 5400-5600 RPM, hits 21~ mph quickly, then the RPM just tanks to 1300~ and the car begins to crawl out of 21~ mph. During all that, the TC indicator does not blink active and the auto-clutch indicator does not change (??). However, turn TC off and the problem goes away...

but therein might lie another issue, if TC is being activated internally by the game, then it isn't being represented in the UI.

Test:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqAmyQeLN28

What do you think?
    The TCS system reduces engine RPM in order to prevent wheel spin. It's the main reason so many run without it, as it usually reduces the RPMs right at the point where you WANT the higher RPMs (exit of a corner, etc.). I suspect that is the key issue with what you are experiencing.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3