Thread: Online lobbies have problems

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Online lobbies have problems

Hi, i write you because it's becoming impossible to play online in Project Cars 2, since the last update. I organize online leagues and we race every evening, everytime we've the same issues, people get disconnected from lobby. The same people before the update could play without any problem now it's really impossible to do a race without a disconnection. It's really annoying, it ruins hours and hours of practice for the race and kill the fun of the people. It's a shame because the game is good but the online actually is really bad. Please don't let die this game. Is it possible to solve this issue please?
    Thx for your reply

Platform
    PS4
    We had 3 lobbies (at the same time) last tuesday evening, 40 drivers involved with PJC2 plus live crew... not a single disconnection problem
    Wednesday we had problems with connections in F1 2018 involving people who rarely have connection problems and thursday with usual GTS start bug

we didn't notice better or worse conditions for online lobbies after the last patch (not the best conditions but no significant changes)

So.... maybe problems are on the driver side

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The connection problems are ruining the game. At Gavra, we have tested different hosts, local, non local and all, and still there is absolutely no logic in when or why the game will disconnect you. The connection slider, does not mean anything. We have US drivers hosting EU races, with fully red indicaton, and we can have a long race, stable and lag free. Where we host local (EU) leagues and are disconnected like crazy.

The whole P2P idea is a joke to begin with, but still, on the PS4 we pay for the Online Play, but we cannot stay connected for an entire race ? Where is the logic in this ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by porkovich View Post
    The connection problems are ruining the game. At Gavra, we have tested different hosts, local, non local and all, and still there is absolutely no logic in when or why the game will disconnect you. The connection slider, does not mean anything. We have US drivers hosting EU races, with fully red indicaton, and we can have a long race, stable and lag free. Where we host local (EU) leagues and are disconnected like crazy.

The whole P2P idea is a joke to begin with, but still, on the PS4 we pay for the Online Play, but we cannot stay connected for an entire race ? Where is the logic in this ?
    Yes we did the same changing hosts but drivers disconnect as well, i think is a a server problem, i hope SMS guys do something as soon as possible because if we continue like that there always will be less people playing online to this game and sincerly i'm a bit tired too about these issues every race. It's a shame because like i said it's a great game but the online mostly these last months is unplayable.
    Last edited by gavraracing; 10-11-2018 at 11:54.

WMD Member
    Could they join through a host invite instead of just entering the room it seemed to help my m8s join me when they have issues.

Platform
    PC
    I have experienced *less* disconnects after the last patch. In fact, the only disconnects I have had since the last patch have been due to Steam problems. (Steam goes offline and my PC can't connect to Steam so I can't even try to get back into PC2)
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    hi, the most of times i get disconnected from the lasta patch, never happened before, guys from sms should investigate. I don't know why people say that everything is ok...the forum is full of people from around the world complainig this same issue...are they all come crazy?!?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FOG-Smokebeer View Post
    Could they join through a host invite instead of just entering the room it seemed to help my m8s join me when they have issues.
    Yes drivers join through a host invite but nothing change, usually we race in private lobbies. Is possible to solve this annoying issue ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by porkovich View Post

Completely agree with you