Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFB Bug

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

FFB Bug

Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX

This problem was often in online race after release too. To be honest I didn't see it after patch 5 or 6. BUT. In custom races, or Race events, Career mode it happens very often! FFB goes crazy without the reason. Especially with Karting, Road Cars, sometimes race cars. I'm really scare about my racing wheel! It's not because tires are cold or low height (like some like to tell here). It's totally ffb glitch. I hope you will fix it with new patches.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakiboom View Post
    Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX

This problem was often in online race after release too. To be honest I didn't see it after patch 5 or 6. BUT. In custom races, or Race events, Career mode it happens very often! FFB goes crazy without the reason. Especially with Karting, Road Cars, sometimes race cars. I'm really scare about my racing wheel! It's not because tires are cold or low height (like some like to tell here). It's totally ffb glitch. I hope you will fix it with new patches.
    Have this same issue on my Logitech G920. I thinks itís due to hardware limitations as a result of the Xbox 1 being fairly weak so things like tyre physics donít function properly. Reducing the FX to a value less than 5 helps quite a bit as well as using the raw or informative FFB flavours. I only really drive the classic race cars, however street cars have always been undeiveable for me since launch, no matter what I do in my settings, with the exception of a few older road vehicles. Probably has something to do with the complex tyre physics they worked on with Pirelli. Grid size also affects the physics so you may have to play with a smaller grid to have a controllable car. I may have to save up for a 1X or perhaps move over to PC if I want to play with larger grids although I can spend hours hotlapping Le Mans by myself in a Ferrari 512. Not many games let you do that.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    No, it's not about hardware limitations. Because I race against 24 cars in custom events, 12-15 players in online and it's fine usually. But sometimes I've got this problem like in video. For example this SMS Kart championship (short version). First race was at Dubai and it was fine. Second at LeMans and it's broken.

Platform
    PC
    It's not broken. Le Mans is a scanned track so it has microbumps that the other tracks don't have..

EDIT: Old post where I had posted about this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1525224
    Last edited by Mahjik; 06-11-2018 at 13:44.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It's not broken. Le Mans is a scanned track so it has microbumps that the other tracks don't have..

EDIT: Old post where I had posted about this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1525224
    I have a big wish go to LeMans and try it in real life. Maybe we've got players from France near LeMans?

I race sometimes Karting and there is nothing like that. Yes, wheel is heavy, there is vibration but not like in game. It's easy to say laserscan, but i'm pretty sure this is wrong 100%. Also this issue not only on this track as I said. Aston Martin in Monaco (first Race Event) was horrible too.

Platform
    PC
    Are you on the OG XB1?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes. Please don't say it's all because OG Xbox)) Cause if it is, so this problem will be every race but it's not. Just report to devs please

Platform
    PC
    It likely is.. It is unfortunately not straight forward. There are a lot of different things that will cause high CPU usage. For example, Monaco is one of the highest polygon count tracks due to the building that surround the track. I'm not sure of the event you are talking about, but the weather set for the event combined with the track could cause performance issues on the OG XB1.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok, so if it is Xbox. I'll try to create the same custom race on same track with same conditions and check this problem.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakiboom View Post
    Ok, so if it is Xbox. I'll try to create the same custom race on same track with same conditions and check this problem.
    You'll need to know what the weather pattern and speed is which I'm not sure you can create exactly (the way some of the weather happens in Career cannot be directly replicated).

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips