Thread: Slippery on Red Bull Ring national in career mode

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4

Slippery on Red Bull Ring national in career mode

Iím making my way slowly through career mode. I tried the GT4 league, starting with the Aston but found that the back end kept getting away from me. In the end I gave up and skipped to the end of the championship. I tried the Porsche Cayman. League instead and that also starts with the Red Bull track. Again I was losing the back end and it just wasnít any fun. I noticed that in one of the sessions it started raining (canít remember if it was the same track or the next one) and suddenly I had way more grip. Has anyone experienced the same? Feels like a bug but donít know if itís the track or the championship.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Bumping to see if anyone has experienced anything similar as they work through career mode?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What platform? I experienced similar issues on original xbox and large grids (more than 12-14 AI).
    Wheel or controller?
    Have you tried the stable setup?
    What tyres? Are they up to temp?
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks.. I'm on PS4 with a Fanatec wheel. Tried both setups. And yes, the tyres are cold (default tyres) so I'm having to be careful, but shouldn't have to be to this extent. Plus what's really weird is that in the rain, you seem to be glued to the track and I can blast through all of the AI. In the dry, I stand no chance as I'm driving on ice. the exact opposite of what you'd expect? I will experiment more..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You need to get the tyre temp up. I'm not good at all regarding setups, but there should be plenty info on the forum. Try closing the brake ducts more. And make sure you have correct pressure after driving a few laps.
    If you're on Hard Slicks, you need to get them to around 90 deg I think, to get good grip. Try to push when driving, don't coast around the track. If you still can't get tyre temps up, you should probably use Soft Slicks. They overheat easier, so keep an eye on that. If track temp is low, try soft slicks first.

Wet tyres are completely different. They seem to work in a much broader temp window. They give you lots of grip (if there's not too wet) but are slower (or, driving in rain is slower). In some cars it's easier in the rain with Wets on, but it's also slower.
    Regarding back end: ask for a more stable setup in the Garage section, or read up on anti roll bars, ride height, springs dampers and whatnot. Still trying to learn myself
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: warth0g

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I remember that i had that same issue in the career race at RB national as well. It was many mo ths ago but I had the same issue. I am not a setup expert but I think i reasonably have a good idea how to adjust the setups for things like this. And i remember that i just could not get it to behave as well. I just finished the race last and went to the next race but I as well thought it was some sort of bug.
    It was on ps4.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: warth0g

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I remember that i had that same issue in the career race at RB national as well. It was many mo ths ago but I had the same issue. I am not a setup expert but I think i reasonably have a good idea how to adjust the setups for things like this. And i remember that i just could not get it to behave as well. I just finished the race last and went to the next race but I as well thought it was some sort of bug.
    It was on ps4.
    That makes me feel a lot better, thank you. It does feel to me that maybe the track itself is bugged somehow, at least within the context of the career (although I've no idea how that would work). Can't be easy to test all of the different iterations of car and track combos in the career, but it does feel like a necessary step that may have been missed by the devs..

Platform
    PC
    What were your laptimes in the dry vs. the wet? It could be that it felt like you had more grip in the wet but it was just because you were going slower.
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Don't know off the tope of my head (I'm at work right now) but it was for sure not that.. I was breezing around in the wet but in the dry I was off at literally every corner.