Thread: Wanted: friendly league for driver lacking talent

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4

Wanted: friendly league for driver lacking talent

I have finally settled down after a few years moving around, and now have the space to indulge myself. I've therefore bought myself an obutto rig and a fanatec setup. My rig is great, my talent not so much. I was hoping to race more regularly now against others of a a similar (lack of) skill. Public lobbies aren't much good to me because I really prefer to have the time to learn the track / car combo well in advance to have half a chance of making it to the end of the race.

Can anyone suggest a friendly league that's not super competitive, that's going to be OK with someone of my meagre talents? I now live in Texas, so on Central time and would plan to race regularly on a weekly basis. Any suggestions please?

Platform
    PS4
    Welcome to join us
    Link below
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

Platform
    PS4
    Although our European times may not suit you ...
    There is a league directory in the multiplayer section of this forum
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Looks great but unfortunately those times wouldn't work for me :-( I'm at work for the wednesday cup night!

Platform
    PC
    EDIT: Damn, sorry I didn't realise this was in the PS4 section. Below response would still stand for anybody on PC.

Apologies.

Hi mate,

Although not a league, look out for www.Twitch.tv/UvBeenRock3d who streams and sets up lobbies Monday-Friday. (PC !)

He's relatively new himself, but he's progressing nicely, and he always tends to set decently long practice and/or quali times (As in length). He's happy for anybody to join no matter how fast, as long as there's no intentional crashing etc.

Also, he's on CST as a bonus for you. I'm often in there with him even though I'm in the UK. He's starting to get a good few regulars that keep joining his lobbies, some fast, some still learning, some just happy to race no matter where they are.

Lastly, he is just getting going with 'special' one to two hour races which are currently running on Thursdays and Saturdays. TBH he's trying to just get a good community of respectful, clean, fun people together and it's going well.
    Last edited by TekNeil; 10-09-2018 at 19:18.
    CorradoG60.co.uk - My 1992 Vw Corrado G60.
    Mixer.com/TekNeil - My Mixer channel.
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

Platform
    PS4
    Feel free to join us for some racing at OTL. We run 4 different races per week of varying classes. There's a good mix of abilities in our leagues, we don't care how quick people are just so long as they are clean racers.

Check out the OTL Website - http://otlracing.com/

or if you have Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/4xqsK4r

There's a calendar on the site showing what races are on which dates and the format for the races. Also within the event page in the calendar is a link to the league sign up forms.

We are UK based but have many international racers including a guy from Phoenix, AZ. He only joined for a couple of trial races and now we can't get rid of him
    UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing; OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing; HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall; TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall.

http://otlracing.com/