Thread: G920 - pretty simple mod to get the brake to work how it should

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

G920 - pretty simple mod to get the brake to work how it should

I returned to sim racing after several years absence, had my Xbox One for 18 months now and been really enjoying he likes of Forze 6/7, F1 2017.

PC2 I gave up on with a controller.

Two weeks ago I purchased a G920 and, like many, thought I was going to have to hit the gym before I could even use it. I've looked at every video, read every post I can find about all the mods people are using and was close to doing what many do: just take out the damn rubber block and be done with it.

But then....a light bulb went off in my head. The rubber block adds resistance to the final part of the pedal, the rubber block is too stiff (No I didn't want to drill holes in it) so why not just find something that does the same job, with less resistance?

The answer? Go to my local Home Depot and buy a box of mixed springs. Low and behold there were two types of short resistance springs the exact same length and diameter as the rubber block. I removed the block and put this spring in it's place. The result is a pretty damn good brake pedal which offers firmer resistance towards the end of the 'push' on the pedal. With some adjustment of deadzone my 'lock up' point is pretty much as I start to feel the full force of that extra spring.

Apologies if this somewhat simple fix has already been mentioned.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Casey Ringley, Mowzer, OddTimer, ShneebnaMRR108

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My work around was to not press brake pedal all way down under calibration. That saw me through.