Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypercars in Le Mans GT1 spec and racing liveries

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    The truth is I am not that excited for it...it is the same racing, just without some of what made Le Mans special since the early 70s
    it is the same racing... not sure what you mean by that. and not sure what made Le Mans in the 70's so "amazing."
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    it is the same racing... not sure what you mean by that. and not sure what made Le Mans in the 70's so "amazing."
    I believe he was referring to the fact that prototypes have (or at least have intended to be) the top class at Le Mans since the early 70s
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I believe he was referring to the fact that prototypes have (or at least have intended to be) the top class at Le Mans since the early 70s
    Correct. Prototype classes are part of what makes Le Mans DNA, as it is the only car type in the world designed entirely for Le Mans, and no where else.

Platform
    PS4
    I reckon prototypes will still be the fastest. I don't see the new GT1 beating LMP2 initially on pace.
    LMP1L have had abysmal performance last several years.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    Correct. Prototype classes are part of what makes Le Mans DNA, as it is the only car type in the world designed entirely for Le Mans, and no where else.
    Quote Originally Posted by www.fiawec.com
    Being the top class, these new prototypes must be technologically powerful and compelling in design and will therefore remain hybrid, with a KERS system in front and 4WD to ensure energy efficiency. This technology will become more and more popular as the KERS system developed by some constructors will have to be used on production cars at a pre-defined price.

These new prototypes will have an alluring design and incredible pace. The regulations seek excellence: 3:20.00 per lap at Le Mans with limited fuel.
    The other priority is cost. They will be remarkable, competitive, innovative and affordable - requiring a quarter of current budgets. Costly developments will be kept in check by a new homologation procedure and technical rules that will naturally reduce budgets.

However, there will be no restrictions on engine selection. Consumption rules will ensure fair competition between different systems.
    The new regulations will take effect for 2020-2024

it doesn't matter what you say, LMP1 was to expensive anyways, and LMP2 is limited to Private owned teams. these cars are still Prototypes, given by the approach FIA/ACO is going for. these cars are more related to "Sport Prototype" or GT Prototypes than a " Le Man Prototype" saying that "this isn't WEC DNA" is dumb. because when Le Mans started the first prototypes was built off of what? GT cars. earning them the title as "Sport Prototypes." all the information about them is on the website, instead of being stuck in reverse you should visit the website that I will link here. https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/2020-...gulations/6000
    Last edited by REXPITVIPER1; 12-10-2018 at 10:14.
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

Platform
    PS4
    Can't deny that the original le Mans race cars were road cars.
    I'm hopeful about the upcoming P1 teams though. Ginetta and that lot. Would be great if they could finish some races and not end up laps behind P2 teams.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I reckon prototypes will still be the fastest. I don't see the new GT1 beating LMP2 initially on pace.
    LMP1L have had abysmal performance last several years.
    It will be between LMP1and LMP2.
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Can't deny that the original le Mans race cars were road cars.
    I'm hopeful about the upcoming P1 teams though. Ginetta and that lot. Would be great if they could finish some races and not end up laps behind P2 teams.
    with the new class being cheaper than LMP1 and possibly IMSA coming back, (please IMSA come back to Le Mans, with the new and improved DPi's) these teams have full liberty on what they want the car to look and feel like, this is why the C8 has a ton of engine options, and why Ferrari and Ford backed out, they don't have a platform that can fit a ton of engines. Ford GT was built for a V6 only. Ford would have to make a whole new car in order to compete, same with ferrari. I believe 40 manufacturers was at the meeting about this, and seeing that Aston Martin and McLaren already has cars that can pass for the new GTPrototype class. (also if you guys want you can vote on what the class will be called.)

Platform
    PC
    I'm not going to believe any images of anything until we see some actual cars.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I'm not going to believe any images of anything until we see some actual cars.
    sounds like a person who has been proven wrong would say.

by the way this is from the actual 24 hours of le mans youtube channel.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/2020-...gulations/6000

The regulations, devised by the ACO and the FIA, focus on the appearance, style and lines of the cars in the new premier league. Team and car diversity in endurance racing is one of the discipline’s foremost trademarks, never truer with the emergence of these stylized yet muscular cars, veritable racing beasts in the spirit and image of endurance. They will take on circuits like Le Mans, Spa, Silverstone, Fuji and Sebring in the day and night, rain or shine, in hot weather as in cold. That calls for a tough prototype, one as imposing as it is ingenious and technological. One that turns heads, like hypercars, supercars, prestigious GTs and concept cars do on the street or at any given motor show. So, why not draw inspiration from those machines to build endurance racing cars? Consider it a done deal.

Aerodynamics cannot take precedence over aesthetics.

Being the top class, these new prototypes must be technologically powerful and compelling in design and will therefore remain hybrid, with a KERS system in front and 4WD to ensure energy efficiency. This technology will become more and more popular as the KERS system developed by some constructors will have to be used on production cars at a pre-defined price.

These new prototypes will have an alluring design and incredible pace. The regulations seek excellence: 3:20.00 per lap at Le Mans with limited fuel.
    The other priority is cost. They will be remarkable, competitive, innovative and affordable - requiring a quarter of current budgets. Costly developments will be kept in check by a new homologation procedure and technical rules that will naturally reduce budgets.

However, there will be no restrictions on engine selection. Consumption rules will ensure fair competition between different systems.
    The new regulations will take effect for 2020-2024.
    Jean Todt, FIA President: “The new regulations for the FIA World Endurance Championship, which come into effect for the 2020/21 season, are the result of hard work between members of the FIA, ACO, manufacturers and teams. This will provide endurance racing with a long term, stable platform, while continuing to offer a cost-effective stage to showcase future technologies.”

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.thedrive.com
    As a WMSC statement details, the new regulations are targeted towards cutting expenses to one-quarter of the current LMP1 budget. Additionally, the freedom to manufacture racing prototypes that resemble road cars is widely viewed as a positive for prospective companies that may possibly join the series in the future.

While expenditures are aimed to be kept to a minimum, the goal is to maintain the same level of performance as contemporary LMP1 cars. Resultingly, less-sophisticated hybrid systems are expected to be implemented to promote parity between competitors while spec energy recovery systems are anticipated as well. More details will be announced when the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, who designed these rules alongside the FIA, meets ahead of this month's 24 Hours of Le Mans. According to various reports, manufacturers that were present at the WMSC include Aston Martin, Ferrari, Ford, McLaren, and Toyota.

Marques such as McLaren and Aston Martin have recently unveiled über-high-tech road cars with hardcore, track-tuned variants that could serve as suitable platforms for future racers.
    Last edited by REXPITVIPER1; 13-10-2018 at 06:20.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300