Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 224

Thread: Race Car News // Vehicle Development Thread.

  1. #11
    WMD Member Azure Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carthage, TN
    Posts
    1,453
    Platform
    PC
    Another problem I see with the next regulations is that the top class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which has been purpose-built racecars for nearly 50 years now, will be GT cars? What about LMP2? Are they going to stay roughly the same?

    Plus, how long would it be when we start seeing prototypes masquerading as GT cars, just like what happened to GT1 in the first place. (Thanks Porsche...)
    Last edited by Azure Flare; 13-09-2018 at 09:37.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

    Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32


  2. #12
    WMD Member Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frankfurt a.M.
    Posts
    3,091
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Plus, how long would it be when we start seeing prototypes masquerading as GT cars, just like what happened to GT1 in the first place. (Thanks Porsche...)
    That's the whole point of it Bringing prototypes to the streets. Homologation models like back in the days of old GT1. But to prevent the manufacturers from cheating too much, they should need to make and sell at least 1000 cars.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing



    New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1


  3. #13
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,029
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Another problem I see with the next regulations is that the top class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which has been purpose-built racecars for nearly 50 years now, will be GT cars? What about LMP2? Are they going to stay roughly the same?

    Plus, how long would it be when we start seeing prototypes masquerading as GT cars, just like what happened to GT1 in the first place. (Thanks Porsche...)
    Initially I think GT1 will be slower than LMP1/2 cars. LMP will still be the premier class but all the eyeballs will be on the factory GT1 teams. Because, aside from motor sport diehards, who the hell really knows Dallara, Oreca, Ligier, Ginetta...?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

    What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1, Stewy32


  4. #14
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,727
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Initially I think GT1 will be slower than LMP1/2 cars. LMP will still be the premier class but all the eyeballs will be on the factory GT1 teams. Because, aside from motor sport diehards, who the hell really knows Dallara, Oreca, Ligier, Ginetta...?
    Privateer LMP1 will be quicker,and that class has a guarantee up until the end of 2022/23.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  5. #15
    Superkart Pilot REXPITVIPER1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dead in a ditch called my bedroom.
    Posts
    331
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Another problem I see with the next regulations is that the top class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which has been purpose-built racecars for nearly 50 years now, will be GT cars? What about LMP2? Are they going to stay roughly the same?

    Plus, how long would it be when we start seeing prototypes masquerading as GT cars, just like what happened to GT1 in the first place. (Thanks Porsche...)

    Porsche: the killer of car classes. Cough Can-AM Cough


    I do love the fact that FIA is doing an IMSA move, and putting the everyday car onto the prototype chassis, with this it boost marketing and makes the cars look more unique, I can't tell you how many times people confused a Audi with a Toyota or a Porsche with a Audi.


    I'd love to see what they do in 2020/2024. sad to hear Ford and Ferrari backed out. but we do gain McLaren, maybe even others.
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

  6. #16
    Superkart Pilot REXPITVIPER1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dead in a ditch called my bedroom.
    Posts
    331
    Platform
    PS4
    https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ypercar-talks/


    Ferrari and Ford dropping out of the series.
    Last edited by REXPITVIPER1; 15-09-2018 at 06:25.
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

  7. #17
    GT5 Pilot Jezza819's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,123
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Looks like somebody might already be testing something.

    https://www.motor1.com/news/266171/s...x-k-evo-spied/
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, REXPITVIPER1, rich1e I


  8. #18
    WMD Member Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frankfurt a.M.
    Posts
    3,091
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    Looks like somebody might already be testing something.

    https://www.motor1.com/news/266171/s...x-k-evo-spied/
    It looks seriously fast!
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing



    New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1


  9. #19
    WMD Member Azure Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carthage, TN
    Posts
    1,453
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    Porsche: the killer of car classes. Cough Can-AM Cough


    I do love the fact that FIA is doing an IMSA move, and putting the everyday car onto the prototype chassis, with this it boost marketing and makes the cars look more unique, I can't tell you how many times people confused a Audi with a Toyota or a Porsche with a Audi.


    I'd love to see what they do in 2020/2024. sad to hear Ford and Ferrari backed out. but we do gain McLaren, maybe even others.
    Again, I don't think that's what it's going to be. I think it'll be like DPi at most. An LMP, but with bodywork and/or styling cues that makes the car look it comes from that manufacturer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    Looks like somebody might already be testing something.

    https://www.motor1.com/news/266171/s...x-k-evo-spied/
    That's just the FXX K Evo. It's not a new car.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

    Steam l PC specs

  10. #20
    Superkart Pilot REXPITVIPER1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dead in a ditch called my bedroom.
    Posts
    331
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Again, I don't think that's what it's going to be. I think it'll be like DPi at most. An LMP, but with bodywork and/or styling cues that makes the car look it comes from that manufacturer.



    That's just the FXX K Evo. It's not a new car.
    if that was a basic FXXK EVO why is it in camofloadge?


    It's 50/50 really on where the manufacturers can go, be on a LMP Chassis, or an actual car built to LMGT1 standards.
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 24 hours of Le Mans Liveries
    By Stewy32 in forum Car Painting & Designs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-06-2018, 23:13
  2. RWB Racing UK Le Mans Endurance Race
    By Rodders in forum PC - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-05-2016, 14:51
  3. PS4 - Pacific (PST) Weekday Morning Sprint Spec Racing - Casual No Points
    By Spitfire77 in forum PS4 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-11-2015, 05:04
  4. Racing liveries
    By The__Gasman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-10-2015, 03:55
  5. PS4 WORLD SPEC-RACING LEAGUE
    By Pichon617 in forum PS4 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-05-2015, 23:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •