Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still weird steering with gamepad - OG Xbox One

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Steering ratio doesn't matter with a pad because 100% thumbstick input = 100% steering lock, unless you add speed sensitive filters on top of it.

"Investigating] 180 degree gamepad steering "as it was written last year on this forum, that says it all..
    No changes since then.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sliedard View Post
    "Investigating] 180 degree gamepad steering "as it was written last year on this forum, that says it all..
    No changes since then.
    But that's just a visual effect. It doesn't have any effect on the driving behaviour of the cars at all.
    If the full steering wheel feedback would be patched in, the controls would still stay exactly the same way as they are now.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Smile answer

Quote Originally Posted by The Biin View Post
    Sounds like you have opposite lock assist on? Toggle this in the gameplay options. If it is off you can try my settings below. Tweaked these over the past year to the point no other racing game has come close to how comfortable and controlled i feel using a controller and works across all cars I've driven with a selection of road cars being the only ones difficult to drive.

Steering Deadzone: 7 (My controller isn't new, has some play however even with a new controller i found 0 way too twitchy on the straights)
    Steering Sensitivity: 58 (May be alarmingly high, thats what I thought at first, but it allows so much more 'detail' in the control. However I think this is the most personal setting so play around from here)
    Speed Sensitivity: 94 (This is the only one i haven't tweaked for a long time. Allows full turning at slow speeds without being twitchy down the straights)
    Controller Dampling 18

As a sidenote I think controller settings are very personal hence you get so many different recommended ones depending on how you drive/move an analogue stick. Im not a 'stabber' learnt to be smooth with my left thumb and can hold an angle around a long corner so if your a 'stabber' these settings may not be preferable.
    This is the best controller setting ever!! You should ask money for it from SMS. Thanks very much!! I don't know what you did or how you did it, but WOW!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Since the update (plus a new controller) i've been racing the road cars a lot more, they are now a lot of fun, which has inevitably involved some tweaking of my settings so try these also: (In order top to bottom in game)

5, 45, 0, 47, 3, 52, 10, 25, 93, 17, 90