Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still weird steering with gamepad - OG Xbox One

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Redownloaded this game after a few months gonna give it a whirl again with the hope I don’t break my gamepad since it was so bad, am I in for a treat or is it still twitchy? I don’t like using assists but do the gamepad settings in this threat work better with assists?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    no assist off
    Last edited by sliedard; 17-12-2018 at 15:45.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    or wait for pcars 3
    Last edited by sliedard; 17-12-2018 at 15:46.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've been having handling issues ever since the game was released, and still having issues with some cars.

I have found a setting that works well for me, and it's pretty close to the one posted that everyone seems to like.

My steering sensitivity is iirc about 50%
    Then steering ratio is tweaked to each car, majority of cars it is tweaked up.

The more A.I. on the track the worse the handling issue gets.

I haven't played in months, but put the game on the other day, being holiday season I've got a bit of a time to play it, and handling has been improved for controller/game pad.
    But I'm now having issues with the cayman gt4 on the redbull circuit, no matter how I set the diff, suspension or steering the bloody thing will just randomly lose control and yes the opposite lock setting is off.

And it's this issue is the reason I haven't reached tier 1 since the game was released.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-GTI View Post
    I've been having handling issues ever since the game was released, and still having issues with some cars.

I have found a setting that works well for me, and it's pretty close to the one posted that everyone seems to like.

My steering sensitivity is iirc about 50%
    Then steering ratio is tweaked to each car, majority of cars it is tweaked up.

The more A.I. on the track the worse the handling issue gets.

I haven't played in months, but put the game on the other day, being holiday season I've got a bit of a time to play it, and handling has been improved for controller/game pad.
    But I'm now having issues with the cayman gt4 on the redbull circuit, no matter how I set the diff, suspension or steering the bloody thing will just randomly lose control and yes the opposite lock setting is off.

And it's this issue is the reason I haven't reached tier 1 since the game was released.
    It's your console. That's why when you have more AI, your physics suffer. You will always experience that. It's because you are playing on a base Xbox One console. It's a bottle neck issue with the console. Does not happen on Xbox One X or PS4 Pro.

The only way you won't experience that problem is if they release a patch that lowers grid size in career (or buy Xbox One X or PS4 Pro). Seeing how the patches for the game are more than likely done. You will not see any improvement in your experience in career mode with your base Xbox console.

If you check the forum. People who own a Xbox One X. Do not have that problem. As a matter of fact. Project CARS 1 runs like a dream on the X as well. Regardless of the grid size or weather.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 29-12-2018 at 05:00.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    To sum this up. There's nothing SMS can do for you in career mode. If you're running a OG or S Xbox One. You are suffering from GPU & even more so CPU lack of performance. These threads & comments about the physics & lost of control has become beyond pointless. Large AI grids on those 2 Xbox One consoles is just a mess.

Just be ready for the way better consoles next gen or move to PC. That's it.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode