Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 3 coming soon???

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    I see what you are saying, but I mentioned this countless times before, SMS should have given the players a custom preset or custom championship option to counter act the absence of Balance of Performance in some classes. I expect this type of feature to be thought upon by SMS and to be in PCARS 3.
    You assume it wasn't thought about for PC2. I can guarantee you it was.. It's been brought up in WMD ever since PC1. However, like the other hundreds of great ideas in the WMD forums, not everything can get implemented based on time and resources.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bigger Than Dave, hkraft300, Konan, MartinMWWebb, REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Things were brought since Pcars1 and decided to not implement them. FTFU
    Like Pcars1 UI that everybody asked to be changed, and guess what, people moaned about it once released.
    I get it that they cant do all, but maybe when people ask things/items/feature since PCARS1, maybe it would be important to try to do it.
    My 2c
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pekka Salminen, REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PC
    i don't see that as real problem, couse i don't know any UI were you can't find a big crowd that is happy and another that is moaning.
    You cant't do it right for everyone.

i personally like UI from

PC1
    better PC2
    a little bit of ACC ( PC2 cloneish ^^ )
    RF2 is ok

dislike
    AC
    RRRE
    Dirt Rally

I think there are hundreds, that have a totally inverted list
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4
    Problem with listening too many opinions is that most are not well thought-through. Sms are the experts in their field: they have the pro drivers, engineers, artists etc who are experts in their field.
    They can find themselves in a bind bending to the will of the people, usually a loud minority, and cause unintended negative consequences.
    Recent example is the removal of the host kick option in MP.
    The vast majority of sim racers believe themselves experts in "physics" yet are uninformed+uneducated in the most basic of concepts. So should sms go down the path of not advancing their simulation technology, because the majority of the player base don't appreciate /understand it? They'd probably sell more if pc3 did a Turn10/codies/PD and didn't update tire model/livetrack/weather but made the game more pretty and user friendly. Throw in some voodoo code that makes every player feel like a driving God and get the best reviews from {insert favourite YouTuber here}.
    However, some people would notice and, more importantly, SMS themselves would know that they're selling themselves short.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Anguiano, Kriig, satco1066, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    +1
    thats the dilemma. Create something everybody likes or someting real good.
    Unfortunatelly the majority likes cool car games, easy to drive, speeding as drug.
    The better it is in case of simulation, the smaller the community aka amount of people who spend their money.

In view of that i wouldn't have a problem, to pay 10 or 20€ for a perfect track or car.
    Because i don't collect cars, i want to drive just my favorites.
    Is here any simracer who drives more than 10 different cars constantly? i dont think so. You cannot be perfect on 200 cars
    Price too high. No. Compare other games to Simracing.
    E.g. i spent more than 1000 h on pCARS2. Thats 7cent per hour.
    Take any actual AAA. Most times the campaign is through in 5 to 15 hours. So you paid 5 to 10 € per hour, then forget ist and buy the next game.
    Same for equipment. Many simracers own rigs from 500 to 3000€ . And then they complaint about a 70.- simulator software.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1

The following 6 users likes this Post: Anguiano, Asturbo, FxUK, hkraft300, Kriig, Shepard2603

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Never talked about handling. Casey's doing a really good job.
    I was talking about things like custom grid configurator for exemple
    or how it took months to be able to choose your car livery easily (dont know if you remember how painfull it was, for something that basic)

You know... basic things
    It seems they want so much to have the best handling, best weather/etc, than the very basic things are not there.
    That was my point.
    Anyway, its a great sim non the less
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You're making it yourself pretty simple, hkraft300.

IMHO SMS had the pretension to themselves to provide the best available racing simulation. Usually every company starting such a project has that pretension.

And yes, SMS did mostly a good job with pCARS2. The visuals are a blast, the physics are great, though I personally consider the FFB of PC1 better, but that is just my personal opinion. The mentioned tire model is fine too, wheather and time of day transitions are just incredible. Not a single complain from my side here, very well done, applause. And that wasnt sarcasm.

But there are things ppl complain about, and those things just cant be wiped from the table, because they are either bugged or not completely thought through.

Following list is just my personal opinion, others may look at those things in a different way.

- Progress warning/undocumented stuff in MP on a DS, Invitation not working: Complains about that from the start, never has been fixed.
    - Not updated PDF files after the patches: A bunch of cars and tracks have been added in the last twelve months, you always have to start a local DS and use the API to get the ID/names to configure your real DS. Just annoying, but at least there is a workaround.
    - Promised driver switch: Not implemented
    - Compared to other sims like AC, rF2 or R3E a not very stable multiplayer. Improved since the start, and I'm really happy about that, but compared to other sims it still is pretty unstable.
    - Only the mainstream classes are BOPed to compete on track. Such really great series like GTO, GT1 and DTM(92) arent BOPed at all. For example, even the BMW and the Merc of the last named class arent competitive, and those cars were all over each other in the 90s. Really a shame, because the "old DTM" was always one of my favs. A simple option to adjust e.g. the air mass serverside of each car, and serious MP would have been possible with those classes.
    - Penalty system: For serious MP racing not usuable. An optional (!) strike based system would have been the solution.
    - Wheather: Real wheather not working at all, and those steady slots arent the burner too. For example, you cant just do a race over an hour, with a rain shower of five minutes. If you race with four (synced) wheather slots, the "shower" lasts 15 minutes, but the entire water of an hour hits the track. Another example, add four slots with light rain, and you'll have the pacific on track after an hour.

I'd never say SMS did a bad job with PC2, never. It's fun racing, but its also a fact, and not just my personal opinion, there are parts of PC2 which are better solved by other simulations. And personally I always wonder, and this again is just my opinion, why existing solutions arent used, if they provened itself accepted by the com of other simulators.
    Last edited by Racing4Life; 09-11-2018 at 13:32.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Anguiano, cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    I was not there in WMD1, but i remember 10 years ago i had to develop the code for a GUI from zero w/o any examples.
    It was not as easy than i thought.
    And to be honest, if i look at it now, it looks awful !

HMD Oculus CV1

Platform
    PS4
    Sim racing is a niche and small segment of the market. I think people know what project cars is about now. I can guess many many people may have bought pc1 expecting a driveclub or nfs or GT or Forza. Now people know what the pcars franchise is about. It has a fan base and I think that base will grow with future iterations.

If sms had stuck with pc1 UI and polished it, would that not have been better for pc2 than a whole new UI? Some people wanted a completely different UI and sms obliged. Wasted potential I think, but that's being an armchair expert.

So going forward if sms evolve and polish the user experience starting from the base that is pc2, don't you think pc3 will be much better? Assuming they're not totally rebuilding a new UI and related componentry.
    And that's just one aspect of the game.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 09-11-2018 at 13:53.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC
    On the contrary i think that rebuilding the UI is much needed. The current one has been built upon the old one (at one point in development the 2 UIs -current one and the old one frome PC1- were co existing), to me it looks like what Microsoft is doing with Windows and its several layers of UI. It's creating conflicts and bugs and must be a complete nightmare to work with...

Even today after all the updates there are still problems like clicking once can occasionally move the sliders 2 times, etc.
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP SONY HW30ES / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3