Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Project Cars 3 coming soon???

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Like the chase view that everyone moaned should be like the one in pCARS1 and got changed in patch 7 so now a lot of people are moaning to change it back?

You simply cannot please everyone all of the time...also because the demands never stop...implement X and next week everyone wants Y because X is useless without it...
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    Could there be 2 chase came? Like Near and Far? Like other games have
    As someone that plays 99.9% of the time in chase cam i'm cool with the changes they made in patch 7.0

Imho the pcars series has the best chase cam out there with the freedom to rotate the camera 360% around the car is just amazing, unless you want a chase cam like that found in gts or the worst chase cam ever the one found in ac ....
    Last edited by Chikane; 09-11-2018 at 23:56.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Everfast View Post
    There is so much to do in PCars 2; I honestly don't think its successor is needed anytime soon. You can spend hours optimising a tune for 1 car on 1 track.
    I'd have to agree with you, but also disagree.

As casual as I am there is so much for me to still discover in PC2, and the sims longevity will far surpass my requirements. But for others and sadly the pace of the world we are living in, things quickly become old hat\old news, and the pace of life these days is so fast people are looking for the next best thing far to quickly imo. There is so much that never got into PC2 - DX12 support, multi surface physics and deformations never got fully implemented. Multi core cpu support was not introduced. Newer graphics, rendering, and shaders are been developed around RTX, other racing titles have sounds that I think now far surpass PC2.

What I am trying to say is that if you stand still for two long the competition will surpass you, so I would like to see PC3 definitely happen.

This all started as a PC only title, and if the studio did not do so well on sales with PC2, why not go back to the roots and do a crowd funding again. I'm sure there are enough of us to get the cash to make this happen. I've always said I can't believe I can get this experience for the price I have payed, thank you SMS.
    Steam tag=Tvrhellspawn Ryzen 1700x @3.9 all cores (Asus ROG Crosshair 6) | Radeon R9 Fury X 1140Mhz\520Mhz | 960 Evo NVME | 1TB Crucial MX300 SSD | 16GB Corsair Vengance LED @3166mhz | Win 10 Pro X64(1803) |G27 H-Shifter Wheel Stand Pro V2 | 50" Plasma |Oculus Rift VR
    My Tech\Games\Cars YouTube channel > Hlspwns World
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Anguiano, Eric Everfast, morpwr, Robert, ryandtw, sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If there was realistic random weather in career mode I would agree but with it being scripted that takes away for me personally some of the longevity .

Put it in a patch and I could see me being happy for years
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Anguiano, CodeCmdr, Mad LL, ProDriver, sas5320, Stewy32

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlspwn View Post
    I'd have to agree with you, but also disagree.

As casual as I am there is so much for me to still discover in PC2, and the sims longevity will far surpass my requirements. But for others and sadly the pace of the world we are living in, things quickly become old hat\old news, and the pace of life these days is so fast people are looking for the next best thing far to quickly imo. There is so much that never got into PC2 - DX12 support, multi surface physics and deformations never got fully implemented. Multi core cpu support was not introduced. Newer graphics, rendering, and shaders are been developed around RTX, other racing titles have sounds that I think now far surpass PC2.

What I am trying to say is that if you stand still for two long the competition will surpass you, so I would like to see PC3 definitely happen.

This all started as a PC only title, and if the studio did not do so well on sales with PC2, why not go back to the roots and do a crowd funding again. I'm sure there are enough of us to get the cash to make this happen. I've always said I can't believe I can get this experience for the price I have payed, thank you SMS.
    Perfectly valid point for having PC3 come out sooner than later.

I think your argument brings up an interesting dynamic on how the perspective changes depending on the platform someone is sim racing on. PC is still the platform and will always be the platform of choice for the best sim racing experience since up-to-date hardware is continuous provided one has the budget for it. Consequently, all the active devs who have their sim racing titles out on the PC can constantly improve the experience in terms of realism, immersion and overall authenticity.

So you're right, SMS will fall behind if they don't push out the next iteration of the series while the likes of RFactor2, ACC, IRacing, Automobilista & RR3 continue squeezing the juice out of the orange.

On the flipside, I am thankful that there is a team like SMS that brought it upon themselves to bring the sim racing experience on consoles like none other has done before. This allows a whole new demographic to appreciate their hobby on hardware that sells for a fraction of the price. The Xbox One X has allowed me to experience PC2 to a level of authenticity that PC users enjoy and SMS put in the time and effort to make it a reality.

I am sort of going on a tangent here but in an attempt of being concise: as a console user, I know there is little room left for sim racing titles to stretch their legs on current generation hardware. I do believe that PC2 is close to the optimised title on the One X and that anything of higher pedigree will need to wait until the next gen rolls out. So I am perfectly happy with PC2 and the amount of content that it offers as a console user; if I were to be a high-end PC user, my standards would be higher and my expectations would be different

Cheers
    Setup: Thrustmaster TS-XW w/ Sparco P310 wheel + T3PA Pedals mounted on GT Omega ART Racing Cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    not to sound evil or anything, but PCARS 2 is... boring after a whole year of playing it, I pretty much did every single combination you could do... the DLC was only limited fun because half of them wasn't really that 'good' of a DLC, Porsche DLC, Fun Stuff DLC, PCARS Rally sounds like an amazing expansion to freshen up PCARS 2, it'd bring in the rally fans and the people who grown tired of PCARS 2.

Expansion Ideas:???
    Have to disagree on PC2 becoming boring but you might have logged more hours than me. We do have Dirt Rally 2.0 coming out soon to appease that itch
    Setup: Thrustmaster TS-XW w/ Sparco P310 wheel + T3PA Pedals mounted on GT Omega ART Racing Cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1