Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 3 coming soon???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    While I get your sentiments, you have to consider that the Devs have to make a living too. From what is rumoured, PC2 sold worse than PC 1, so they probably didn't make a sh*tload of money to keep get patches and support coming for years to come.
    Even selling additional DLC would not generate a solid enough cash flow to make it financially feasible unless you would also ridiculous prices. And even then it wouldn't add up because only a small amount of people would buy said DLCs.
    If that's true then that puts SMS in a bit of a pickle. They're also making Project Cars Go, which probably means a PC3 won't be coming any time soon since they'd be focusing on that.

So there might not be any new track or car DLC/packs coming either due to SMS being busy with PCGo or the game or DLC not selling well, this would mean we might have a dry period.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    While I get your sentiments, you have to consider that the Devs have to make a living too. From what is rumoured, PC2 sold worse than PC 1, so they probably didn't make a sh*tload of money to keep get patches and support coming for years to come.
    Even selling additional DLC would not generate a solid enough cash flow to make it financially feasible unless you would also ridiculous prices. And even then it wouldn't add up because only a small amount of people would buy said DLCs.
    There is that, but I can't help thinking of things like licences. A new game generally means new licences, without knowing specifics, I would assume that the current catalogue of cars / tracks are licensed to PC2 and not for use 'as they please'. So a PC3 would need a new batch of licences at extortionate cost just to provide the same / equivalent content of the prior version. So now there's a huge outlay to account for, again. Extending the game obviously also means licences for new stuff, unless they have a brand licence and not vehicle specific as such, not sure how it all works. An expansion (and more fixes) wouldn't only appeal to existing players, but may also attract new ones. Especially if concerns are addressed.

Anyway, I just think It's a shame when a great game such as this gets replaced by a new version and prior great content is no longer included.
    Not only that, but constant replacement versions can start to get annoying and can leave a negative lasting impression.

ETS2 is a mighty fine example if you ask me. Not a racer of course, but still a driving game. Released in 2013 with numerous expansions (map packs), going from using 'fake' vehicles to fully licensed ones etc etc. A huge player base and still a lot more to come.

If the game is good for it, then I see no reason why not. PC2 is already pushing some consoles to their limits, so again, it just makes more sense to expand, in my eyes.
    There have been a few games recently where they have decided to extend their life with a second season and I think overall, its a good idea, besides, A sim racing title can have a much much longer life span than a lot of other games.
    Last edited by FxUK; 13-09-2018 at 16:44.
    RWB Racing International

Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Anguiano, EV3RY

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If the next delivery is PC Go, I will buy it or download it with enthusiasm. PC2 has to finish with errors as happened with PC1 the last update was 2017. PC3 will take a little longer if it continues with the idea. I have hope and I I will be supporting.
    Project Cars is Project Cars no Need for Speed !!
    Simulation YES.Arcade NO !!
    The following user likes this Post: Enton

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMattNeo View Post
    If that's true then that puts SMS in a bit of a pickle. They're also making Project Cars Go, which probably means a PC3 won't be coming any time soon since they'd be focusing on that.

So there might not be any new track or car DLC/packs coming either due to SMS being busy with PCGo or the game or DLC not selling well, this would mean we might have a dry period.

Project Cars GO is being developed in Gamevil in partnership.
    Last edited by ZetoalhaBr; 13-09-2018 at 20:36.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Project Cars 3

Any word on Project cars 3 ?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Nope, I think we will be looking at fall 2020
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    yeah when the new consoles come is probably when I would think.
    The following user likes this Post: GenBrien

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sucks but I cant see them doing it on current consoles either and consoles are a key factor of why we even get it on PC in the first place...
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Platform
    PS4
    Whenever it comes out I'm gonna buy it come rain or shine.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Chikane, DaWorstPlaya, hkraft300, rocho

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Late 2020 is what most people are predicting