Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4 demo is online

Platform
    PC

Mobo: Gibabyte Z77-D3H 8GB Ram | CPU: Intel i5-3570K 3,4 GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 OS: Windows 10 64 bit | Display: 40 inch Samsung TV | Optoma Full HD Projector & 80 inch Screen | Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (DSR Dynamic Super Resolution) | Sound: Edifier S550 | Wheelbase: Fanatec CSW v2 | Wheels: BMW GT3 / F1 | Pedals: CSR elite | Shifter: CSS SQ V 1.5 EU | Rig: Rexroth frame on aluminium tear plate mounted on springs | Motion: 2 DOF SCN5 simulator | Tactile feedback: ButtKicker BKA1000-N Amp with 2 big LFE's: Simvibe Extreme Tactile Audio: ButtKicker Mini LFE | FFB settings: Jack spade tweaker files | Wheel settings: Sen:OFF FF:90 SHO:OFF ABS:OFF LIN:OFF DEA:OFF DR1:004 FOR:80 SPR:OFF DPR:OFF

"when pCars gets in the blood, one must drive to live."
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    its pretty good too!
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    its pretty good too!
    It is but 70 euro for the base game... I'd rather put that towards a new graphics card. Which is well needed with the crazy prices these days, so crazy that it might be the last time I ever will buy PC components.
    PC Gaming isn't for kids anymore at least, since there is no way they could afford it with a normal allowance.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: davidt33, GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    It is but 70 euro for the base game... I'd rather put that towards a new graphics card. Which is well needed with the crazy prices these days, so crazy that it might be the last time I ever will buy PC components.
    PC Gaming isn't for kids anymore at least, since there is no way they could afford it with a normal allowance.
    Agree 100% Prices are Insne now days!!! Gaming especially Sim racing is Not for Kids because it can get pricey.
    The upside if investing in Sim gear / Games is that I end up saving $$$ in the long run because I have tangible goods/game that I can use/play for years and often would rather stay home and enjoy My set up than to go out which always cost $$$!!! in NY every time I go out it’s a $100.00 or more with nothing left behind but a the bill and lighter pockets I say do it if you can... to personally enjoy just a tad bit of the spoils from a hard weeks work seems to keep Me focused on why I work hard.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Agree 100% Prices are Insne now days!!! Gaming especially Sim racing is Not for Kids because it can get pricey.
    The upside if investing in Sim gear / Games is that I end up saving $$$ in the long run because I have tangible goods/game that I can use/play for years and often would rather stay home and enjoy My set up than to go out which always cost $$$!!! in NY every time I go out it’s a $100.00 or more with nothing left behind but a the bill and lighter pockets I say do it if you can... to personally enjoy just a tad bit of the spoils from a hard weeks work seems to keep Me focused on why I work hard.
    If you think about it, just try to assemble a gaming rig that'll last you a decade. You need a Intel CPU because it suits gaming better than AMD Ryzen, which sets you back about €850 for a 9900K, kit of 2 32GB memory... €325 so you have enough but can expand in the future, a motherboard of the Z390 range of around €200 which will get you enough features to be future proof. Than the RTX-2080ti costing €1200 but with the new cores which will no doubt be utilized by games in the future you'll have a future proof card. Than you need a 850W PSU of €100,-. Storage for OS and games in the form of a Samsung 970 1TB M2 SSD of €300.
    Which means you still need a solid case, solid cooling for the cpu, legal copy of Windows 10, a game. Of course a wheel, pedals, maybe a shifter (Logitech G29+shifter = €250,- ish) and... if you want to not roll away from your pedals under braking in your office chair... a sim rig.

No normal family would buy that for their kids or give enough allowance to build such a setup. Actually writing this up and going through the prices makes me appreciate what I own a bit more... as in "did I spend that much and more on my setup?!?! I must've been slightly mad pulling those triggers back then", but glad I did.

Oh yeah, this is about Forza Horizon 4. Ooops!
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Agree!!! I spent the same and feel truely blessed that i could afford to be able to do it... Its upgrade time for Me i will do the Mobo and CPU but dont know if i will do the RTX card... Upside is i will take all the Old parts and build a 3rd PC with them so Nothing goes to waste...Im holding out for 9th Gen CPU & Mobo and My upgrade path will be done for a bit once the DD2 gets here in December <--- Hopefully

LOL... Yup its about FMH 4 but to really enjoy it these are the things you Need.

FMH 4 is really better than i thought it would be as a matter of fact all the FMH series have been Great fun.

Very Lucky the Wife Fully Supports Me with My Sim Racing Addiction... LOL...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    If you think about it, just try to assemble a gaming rig that'll last you a decade. You need a Intel CPU because it suits gaming better than AMD Ryzen, which sets you back about €850 for a 9900K, kit of 2 32GB memory... €325 so you have enough but can expand in the future, a motherboard of the Z390 range of around €200 which will get you enough features to be future proof. Than the RTX-2080ti costing €1200 but with the new cores which will no doubt be utilized by games in the future you'll have a future proof card. Than you need a 850W PSU of €100,-. Storage for OS and games in the form of a Samsung 970 1TB M2 SSD of €300.
    Which means you still need a solid case, solid cooling for the cpu, legal copy of Windows 10, a game. Of course a wheel, pedals, maybe a shifter (Logitech G29+shifter = €250,- ish) and... if you want to not roll away from your pedals under braking in your office chair... a sim rig.

No normal family would buy that for their kids or give enough allowance to build such a setup. Actually writing this up and going through the prices makes me appreciate what I own a bit more... as in "did I spend that much and more on my setup?!?! I must've been slightly mad pulling those triggers back then", but glad I did.

Oh yeah, this is about Forza Horizon 4. Ooops!
    Lol to you thinking a RTX 2080Ti will last a decade the CPU may but not that GPU !
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz(@1.41v@84c)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 2TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p/ GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ VR: Oculus Rift/ 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Lol to you thinking a RTX 2080Ti will last a decade the CPU may but not that GPU !
    I should've said that differently. I meant a solid base that will last a decade. The only thing changed to mine since 2011 is indeed the GPU (GTX480 -> GTX970).

I do know better since I've been building PC's (albeit with dad and under dad's supervision) since I was 6 or 7 years old, and i'm from '86 so I witnessed enough in the mean time. At which point I also started to help out at my primary school as a system administrator as I was the only person with advanced knowledge of computers in the school. Installing and configuring DOS as well as Windows, dealing with IRQ and DMA troubles before the invention of the Plug'n'Play system, and so on. Fun times!
    Of course that got me labeled as the classic 80's style nerd at school.

Enough about me, back to building. I always prefer to spend a good amount of cash on the right components that will last me as long as possible, but still are in the realm of "good value for money". On that last one I am at a bit of a loss at the moment with the decay of advancement in technology these days compared to older days. Also not all components that are advertised in reviews as the best value for money at the time, will be the best value for money on the long run. For example at the time of Sandy Bridge reviewers said to go with i5 2500k (4 cores with no hyperthreading) as games wouldn't use hyperthreading, but from experience I knew that games would become more demanding as well as the trend in CPU land being adding more cores and threads. So it was inevitable that developers would go multi-threaded design when it came to how games would harness the full potential of future processing units. So I went with an i7 2600k instead in 2011 (4 cores, 8 threads). Now 7.5 years later the i5 2500k isn't able to keep up as well anymore, but the i7 2600k with its 8 threads is still doing fine.
    Even before that when the Geforce 4 came out you had the option of getting a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with either fast 64MB of ram or slightly slower 128MB of ram. Everyone on advise of the reviewers would go with less but faster ram as that gave them more FPS with the games at the time, but I went with the 128MB version because I knew that textures would become bigger in file size and thus the card would have to swap less with more demanding games later on. Swap between computer memory and graphics card memory that is. Which again payed off in the long run as people with 64MB of memory ended up having to trade in their card for a new one, but I could keep on going for a little while longer.

So the biggest thing to learn here is that you basically have to look at the trend of each component. One thing is that you can never have enough memory. For system memory it's always best to double the size of what is considered the norm at the time that you want to buy your new system. So if 16GB is normal now than go 32GB, and so on.
    Same with Ryzen actually now that I think about it. Contrary to what I said earlier, but just look at how much cores and especially threads a CPU has. The more the better, as the more data that you can push through that CPU in one go... the better it is. Same with the Core count on a graphics card basically.

Just as long as it falls in the realm of what you can spare in terms of money for each component, and what seems reasonable. Like if a 2060 produces 60FPS for €500, and a 2070 75fp for €680... it's technically better to go with the 2070 if you can afford it. The performance gain relative to the price increase is higher, if the performance gain was lower than it wouldn't be worth paying extra money for it. Especially a card you'll need to replace in 4-5 years time no matter what (and in the past (1998-2005 ish) in 2 to 3 years time).

The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It is amazing! Having the choice between 4k and 1080p 60fps no the X is awesome! As a game pass user, I am a happy camper!
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PC
    Arcade or Not i just pre ordered FMH4 its insane Fun!!! The FFB feels Good and Cars Dont Handle Bad at all!!!

On PC So far the FMH 4 Demo @4k its the Best Looking Game out and i get a Constant 60FPS Rain or Shine.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 18-09-2018 at 22:40.
    The following user likes this Post: OddTimer