Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cars setup

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Helpful answer dude, i’ve never thought that engineer could be the easy way, i’m just not willing to spend hours to set a car up like i did with assetto corsa ending up to hate and thrash it.
    . I left tyres on “automatic based of the weather” so the game picks the right compound for me. Tyres pressure involves camber so I should fix it too and after all guides i read i can do that. I’ve never touched fuel with assetto corsa but if you say it’s important i’m gonna take a look.
    . I know engineer has limits, of course i can realize if my car understeers mid corner according to my driving style, because i hit that corner that way, maybe i was wrong with driving line but for my style if i feel that i need a better turning i want less understeers for that car. The problem is that engineer don’t change differential and maybe my problem is right there, so i get frustrated changing springs and roll bar without solving my problem.
    . About ride height and wings i’ve always had problems, the same with dampers. That’s why i just wanted to use engineer, I don’t wanna end up to hate pc2 too.
    . I don’t wanna be the faster either but i wanna have fun like you do, and I don’t wanna download other people’s setups at all, it’s the worst choice i guess.
    Last edited by Heath82; 21-09-2018 at 08:53.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Two laps won't cut it I'm afraid.
    Choose the track you're most familiar with, so you can concentrate on the car instead of worrying about the track layout.
    Then use private practice. Why? Because you start with cold tires and you have to warm them up. This helps you later controlling the car with not-optimal tire temperatures. Go for at least 5 laps before switching to the other base setup.

Yeah this is easier for me, a very good way to go

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Do you tend to drive the same type/class of cars often? We might be able to give you some starting suggestions as well. Or point in the right direction. But the guidance for road cars, vs. GT3, vs. LMP might be very different

Which category of car are you usually driving?
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I love driving different kind of cars, I adapt my driving style to car i’m driving and just try to fix little things by engineer. And that’s what i wanna do.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath82 View Post
    . I left tyres on “automatic based of the weather” so the game picks the right compound for me.
    That's not always the case. I think Auto by weather will always pick hard tires if it's dry but if the track temps are cool, it's better to go with softs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath82 View Post
    I don’t wanna download other people’s setups at all, it’s the worst choice i guess.
    Actually no, that's a pretty good way to go. However other people's setups are for their driving style, which may not match yours. In PC1, I found a few guys whose setups seemed to work for me and I used theirs as a starting point.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, hkraft300

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I also suck at playing with the set up and just want to drive and have fun. My basic set up adjustments goes a bit like this
    1 Tyre choice. Auto tends to give hard tyres but softs will easily see you through full races in various career championships. Also if you need to pit because it has started raining auto might still decided at that point it is still okay for dry tyres so puts on another set of hards. My advice is select your own tyres and set up some pit strategies.

2 Fuel - I do all my set up adjustment with enough for about 15 laps. Obviously the quantity is different depending on which track and which car but i do all setup changes with a mid range fuel load. You don't want to get a perfect car when it's really light on fuel but can't control it when it's full and heavy. Then run with enough for maybe 5 laps in qualy and on race day make sure you fill the tank to give enough for the race distance plus an extra lap or two.

3 Tyre pressure. Make sure you can warm the tyres up. Some cars need the pressure a lot lower than the default setting. Renault Clio I found was a pig to drive until I found advice on here to have the rear tyres almost flat (may have been pcars1). But quite often the default the pressure is nowhere near what you want.

4 Final drive gear ratio. Make sure you get to the top end of top gear by the end of the longest straight. I've just finished my Group A championship and the BMW M3 would often not even get into top gear on default and I would drop 7 or 8 places at race start due to poor acceleration. That's the only car I've changed the ratio on first gear as well as final drive and I've won championships in all tiers.

5 Downforce. If the car has adjustable front or rear downforce use it. Not all cars have it or only have it on the back but if your car likes to go straight on instead of round the corner then take some wing off the back. The BMW M3 default has a rear wing off 4. I found it best when set to 2 or 3

That's about the only settings I've ever adjusted and have had plenty of fun. Some championships have been a walk over, GT3 in the Aston Martin I came second, Group A in the BMW was a fight all the way but only against a Mercedes
    Last edited by Thanatos_1970; 22-09-2018 at 07:42.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I adjust dampers,the limiters at 0mm
    Low slow and fast bump,higher rebound.
    Front and back step from slow to fast bump and rebound very low.
    Front step from rebound not to low.
    Diff. Use rolling balance to keep the car stable without acceleration.
    Breaking balance to the front until you have no longer trouble while breaking.
    Power ramp not too aggressive.
    LSD visco closing diff. raise until the car understeers and set it 1 klick back.
    With low tire pressures in the back,the car stays stable even with low downforce.
    Depends on the car if you need low tire pressure in the front.
    set the Power ramp not to high.
    If you like that,ask me for more advive.
    I think that is what the engineer doesnt tell you.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I just use default loose with basic adjustments. I only change down force occasionally, set correct fuel for laps, tyres as needed.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com