Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: ButtKicker Gamer 2…Connections help needed (PS4 console)

  1. #11
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    599
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    "- I would suggest to plug a pair of wired headphones into the back of the converter (the aux port). And just check if there is sound coming out there." - Don't have wired headphones but have wired ear plugs. Can I use that to check?
    I would think so. just cheap earbuds or something should work. You just need to listen if the sound is coming through the converter, or not.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

  2. #12
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    227
    Platform
    PS4
    Maybe this will help you reach your goal. good luck.

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Settings-(PS4)

  3. #13
    GT5 Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    1,068
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I would think so. just cheap earbuds or something should work. You just need to listen if the sound is coming through the converter, or not.
    I tried hooking up the earbuds to the Aux port of the Optical to Analog Converter while I was waiting just in case. Didn't hear any audio coming through to the earbuds.
    I have another Optical to Analog Converter on order from Amazon (Cheaper than the current one I'd bought but the one that the CSR originally suggested). Should be getting it delivered in the next couple days. I'd ordered it on Friday gone when we suspected the current one may be defective in some way. Will swap and try it when I get it and keep fingers crossed.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

  4. #14
    GT5 Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    1,068
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SGETI View Post
    Maybe this will help you reach your goal. good luck.

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Settings-(PS4)
    Yeah that's one of the many threads I saw before Sgeti but thanks for posting.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

  5. #15
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    599
    Platform
    PC
    One last suggestion. Does your TV have a headphone jack? In your picture there is a cable labeled E (2). It says it is 5' RCA to mini cable. You should be able to put that mini end into your headphone port on your TV, and then one of the other RCA ends (only one) plug it into the white input port on your Buttkicker amp. It will probably turn off the sound bar when you plug it into the headphone port on your TV, and you might need to select something on the TV to choose (headphones out) or something like that. But then you could at least test if the Buttkicker amp was working....

    OK, another suggestion too. I had a bad optical cable once. You could just try to take the optical cable from your sound bar (you know it's working), and just insert it into the converter and listen again if anything comes through the headphones (still plugged into the back of the aux output on the converter.) If you hear something, then you know the other optical cable is not working. If you don't hear anything, then is sure seems to be something wrong with the converter...

    Anyway, sorry it's not working and you had to order another piece. Good luck and let us know.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33


  6. #16
    GT5 Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    1,068
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    One last suggestion. Does your TV have a headphone jack? In your picture there is a cable labeled E (2). It says it is 5' RCA to mini cable. You should be able to put that mini end into your headphone port on your TV, and then one of the other RCA ends (only one) plug it into the white input port on your Buttkicker amp. It will probably turn off the sound bar when you plug it into the headphone port on your TV, and you might need to select something on the TV to choose (headphones out) or something like that. But then you could at least test if the Buttkicker amp was working....

    OK, another suggestion too. I had a bad optical cable once. You could just try to take the optical cable from your sound bar (you know it's working), and just insert it into the converter and listen again if anything comes through the headphones (still plugged into the back of the aux output on the converter.) If you hear something, then you know the other optical cable is not working. If you don't hear anything, then is sure seems to be something wrong with the converter...

    Anyway, sorry it's not working and you had to order another piece. Good luck and let us know.
    Well I have some good news and some bad news. Was quite a useful test.

    Re: the first suggestion (TV headphone jack 3.5mm to back of ButtKicker amp using one RCA connection....Cable E (2))....To test if ButtKicker amp was working and sending vibrations. Result was positive...Signal LED blinking and sending vibrations to connected clamped mechanism on chair. ((((((Joy)))))). Also did the test with cellphone as before and that test passed too. So we can safely say the amp is working fine.

    Re: the other suggestion test....To test optical cable and also the Optical to Analog Converter. The optical cable is fine. Still no juice though from its aux with earplugs connected. Result = Fail. That points to the concern the Optical to Analog Converter may be defective in true.
    Good thing I ordered the other one so when I get that hopefully we should be cooking.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat


  7. #17
    GT5 Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    1,068
    Platform
    PS4
    Just an update to say I've got this all sorted out with the help of the ButtKicker customer service rep. Everything works perfectly now and I'm thoroughly enjoying the added immersion benefitted from the ButtKicker Gamer 2.

    I eventually had to buy a new wireless headset...One with a transmitter/base station from which necessary connections could have been made in order to run the BK2 and also use the headphones with chat communication for when interacting online with my racing buddies as desired.
    I got the Razer Thresher Ultimate headset for PS4 (this comes with the base station). What I like about this headset too is the battery lasts a good 20 hours or so which is more than adequate in between charges.
    https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Threshe...kmrnull_3&th=1

    A bit expensive but worth it nonetheless. Sounds amazing. Setup was a breeze with the instructions it came with. And of course the ButtKicker Gamer 2 makes gaming so much more immersive with the added FFB not only for racing but other games.
    Turned out to be money well spent.
    Last edited by davidt33; 27-10-2018 at 10:31.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

  8. #18
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    599
    Platform
    PC
    Awesome.

    Did you get a new converter? Was that the issue before?
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

  9. #19
    GT5 Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    1,068
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Awesome.

    Did you get a new converter? Was that the issue before?
    Yeah I got the new converter too which I'm using but in hindsight I don't think that was the issue. The issue was really that I needed to get the headphones with base station (which has the additional ports (Optical In and Out) in order to make the necessary connections for my purposes: PS4...Headphones basestation...Optical to Analog Converter...Analog cable to ButtKIcker amp's analog. It was so easy. If anyone needs to know how to connect as I did now at least I can advise.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Similar Threads

  1. Buttkicker Gamer 2
    By Dark_Zilll in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-05-2018, 10:59
  2. Connecting PS4 to Buttkicker Gamer 2 (Please Help)
    By Powelly74 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-07-2016, 08:55
  3. Buttkicker Gamer 2 Questions
    By tonypbeck in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 05:50
  4. Buttkicker Gamer 2 on PS4
    By Crisis Nine in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 23:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •