Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt Rally 2.0

Platform
    PC
    VR in " Dirt Rally Sport" is Great its just too many issues with wheel support... CSW v2.5 Every time i load it up i have to re-map all the wheel/ Button and pedal settings. Dang shame they did Not up date it to better work with all wheels.

Question Dirt and "Dirt Rally Sport" are made by 2 different people??? I thought they were both Codemasters games.

Dirt plays and Looks Great in 4k but VR would be much better....I dunno if i will get this New Dirt 2.0 if No VR support...

Has any 1 else tried the PC version of Forza Horizon 4 demo??? The Handling and FFB is really Good and it runs butter smooth in 4k... its a Insane amount of fun!!! so i think thats where i will get My off roading Fix.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 26-09-2018 at 16:04.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    I didn't play Dirt all that much but enjoyed the little bit I played. I keep it installed just for a little fun. They always had what I called the "auto brakes" where you take your foot off the accelerator and it's like you are driving in quicksand (the car slows down extremely quickly). Even with that, Dirt is still a good title. Looking forward to see what they do with 2.0....
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Same over here. I play it once in a while in VR but that’s it..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    I tried the demo of DIRT Rally on steam but couldn't understand the hype at all. The FFB was ridiculously bad and the car handling of most just plain bizarre. I still felt a strange kind of lag in the steering response and FFB that has been there since forever in their games. So yeah, this is not for me.

I did enjoy DIRT 2 a lot with a controller though so I'll just stick to that and perhaps finally install DIRT 3 that I also own but never installed.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Oh yes! I bloody loved loved loved Dirt Rally! Such an incredible fun game...god knows how they managed to make that Disaster Dirt 4 after it.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    I tried the demo of DIRT Rally on steam but couldn't understand the hype at all. The FFB was ridiculously bad and the car handling of most just plain bizarre. I still felt a strange kind of lag in the steering response and FFB that has been there since forever in their games. So yeah, this is not for me.

I did enjoy DIRT 2 a lot with a controller though so I'll just stick to that and perhaps finally install DIRT 3 that I also own but never installed.
    Dirt 3 is a hoot online, still quite popular as well, works well with a wheel also.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bmanic, Killso2

Platform
    PC
    Good news indeed, I just hope the USA one isnt Michigan from Dirt 4 , would have preferred Wales. I am really not interested in Rally Cross i would rather have had more Rally Locations.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Not a rally cross fan myself but in Dirt Rally it was a huge amount of fun.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    Toca 3 Doesn't use EGO.
    Same tech brought over to the new engine. First engine SMS used wasn't the Madness engine either, but they did bring their own tech over to the Madness engine from the add-ons they made on the ISI engine.

ToCA Race Driver 3 was just a year before the completion of the NEON game engine, which was used for Colin McRea Dirt. Which than was later renamed and called the EGO engine. It won't be strange to see old tech still in a current game engine, especially since I have no clue how easy it is to replace any old tech in that game engine since I don't work for Codemasters on that engine.
    The tech for the areas I have issues with seems to behave identical at least to these older games, including the control options in the settings menu for FFB and the Controller (wheel).

But to quote wikipedia:

"Ego is a modified version of the Neon game engine that was used in Colin McRae: Dirt and was developed by Codemasters and Sony Computer Entertainment using Sony Computer Entertainment's PhyreEngine cross-platform graphics engine. The Ego engine was developed to render more detailed damage and physics as well as render large-scale environments."
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Neon was a ground up project with a collaboration with SCE and phyrengine. There's no technology carried over between Toca 3 and Neon and by extension Ego. Toca 3 uses the same engine as 2 and 1.

Neon was a pretty big deal when it was released.
    Last edited by Shinzah; 26-09-2018 at 23:19.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321