Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: TRACKIR 5

  1. #11
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11
    Platform
    PC

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    Why, exactly? i ran TrackIR for several years. VR Mode is required for using TIR in PC2, as well as helmet cam. There are no downsides that I experienced using VR mode, even if you don’t own an Oculus etc.
    Sorry, noob here. I am totally baffled by this. I also am trying to get TrackIR to work. I've read here and another thread that you have to use VR to get TrackIR to work. But First off, I would like to play without VR. So if I follow your advice(and I did) to get TrackIR to work, I started the game in VR. But still TrackIR doesn't work. My TIR camera only has the one green light. I have Shared memory on PC2, and I have tried the Helmet Cam.

    Part of what I am confused about is that Occulus has it's own tracking and doesn't need TrackIR. So I don't understand when people say to start in VR so that your TrackIR works? AFAIK I don't need TrackIR for Occulus to track head movement. And then I am still stuck in VR, which I don't want. I have beautiful triple screens and would like to use them?

    So confused. Wish there was a video on this.. Argg..

  2. #12
    WMD Member BullWinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    East Coast, Canada
    Posts
    1,173
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
    Sorry, noob here. I am totally baffled by this. I also am trying to get TrackIR to work. I've read here and another thread that you have to use VR to get TrackIR to work. But First off, I would like to play without VR. So if I follow your advice(and I did) to get TrackIR to work, I started the game in VR. But still TrackIR doesn't work. My TIR camera only has the one green light. I have Shared memory on PC2, and I have tried the Helmet Cam.

    Part of what I am confused about is that Occulus has it's own tracking and doesn't need TrackIR. So I don't understand when people say to start in VR so that your TrackIR works? AFAIK I don't need TrackIR for Occulus to track head movement. And then I am still stuck in VR, which I don't want. I have beautiful triple screens and would like to use them?

    So confused. Wish there was a video on this.. Argg..
    Try this:
    Start Steam,
    Start up the TIR5 application ( make sure it works ok using there head tracking window), You don't need to start Oculus. ( I do not have Oculus).
    In Steam under the Library tab, right click on Project Cars 2 under the GAMES list, not the VR list. then select " launch Project Cars 2 in Oculus VR Mode"
    This should start PC2 with TIR5 support. Both leds on the Tir tracker should come on once the game starts up. ( or out on the track..i forget now, been awhile.), and make sure you use the Helmet Cam when in the cockpit. Hope this helps.
    AsRock X370 Taichi MB /AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.4Ghz / G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / 2 X SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / SeaSonic Focus 750W Gold / AMD Adrenalin 18.2.1 drivers / Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27” Curved WQHD 2560 x 1440p 144Hz monitor.
    Windows 10 64bit / TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers / Logitech G27

  3. #13
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply.

    I did exactly as you said. When I click on 'Launch Project Cars 2 in Oculus VR Mode' it automatically starts the Oculus app. The green light on my Tir is off. Only the light for the trackclip is lit up. Project Cars 2 is a small window(not my normal fullscreen), and it has the 'VIRTUAL REALITY' tab enabled on the Options screen. So, I am in VR..

    Also, I don't understand how I am 'not' supposed to be in VR, when I am selecting the VR option? I do have VR. I just don't want to use it.

    Is there a way to tell Oculus 'not' to load when I tell PC2 to start in Oculus VR mode? I bought PC2 from Steam, not Oculus(I do see PC2 for sale in the Oculus Store though..)
    Last edited by Snacko; 03-08-2019 at 00:11.

  4. #14
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    701
    Right, lemme get this straight, you turn your head, say left, but your eye stay looking at the monitor? That just sound completely wrong and disorientating to me.
    The following user likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya


  5. #15
    WMD Member eracerhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    425
    Platform
    PC
    It is until you get used to it, and also get the adjustment curves suited to your own individual movement level. Then it just works.
    ...because simcar

    Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

    Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter

  6. #16
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    It is until you get used to it, and also get the adjustment curves suited to your own individual movement level. Then it just works.
    Sounds awful. I’m so glad I went with VR.

  7. #17
    Superkart Pilot DaWorstPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    119
    Platform
    PC
    Snacko I think it's pretty apparent you have to disconnect your Oculus from your PC before you use the TrackIR from the previous discussions.

    I'm with Snakehands on this why would you want the screen to turn as you turn your head? That is not what happens in a real race car. It sounds ass backwards.
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 2700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift and Vive Pro
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake
    The following user likes this Post: snakehands


  8. #18
    WMD Member BullWinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    East Coast, Canada
    Posts
    1,173
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe try disabling Oculus:
    When you want to disable it, open Services (open the start menu and type "services", no quotes). Find "Oculus VR Runtime Service" in the list, right click on it, and select Stop. When you want to re-renable it, right click on it and select Start.
    AsRock X370 Taichi MB /AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.4Ghz / G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / 2 X SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / SeaSonic Focus 750W Gold / AMD Adrenalin 18.2.1 drivers / Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27” Curved WQHD 2560 x 1440p 144Hz monitor.
    Windows 10 64bit / TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers / Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: Snacko


  9. #19
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks BullWinkle that did it!! I can stop the Oculus Service from the Oculus Debug Tool. Now TrackIR works fine!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

    For you guys who don't understand why a person would want head tracking for a monitor, I am guessing that your first head tracking is VR? TrackIR has been around for over 15 years. I guess you would need to try it to understand.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Sankyo


  10. #20
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
    Thanks BullWinkle that did it!! I can stop the Oculus Service from the Oculus Debug Tool. Now TrackIR works fine!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

    For you guys who don't understand why a person would want head tracking for a monitor, I am guessing that your first head tracking is VR? TrackIR has been around for over 15 years. I guess you would need to try it to understand.
    I had one of the first ones in 1999 and used it for flight simulators. It’s a 20 year old solution to a problem that doesn’t exist anymore. I’m amazed the company behind Trackir haven’t moved the brand into VR.

    Anyway, head tracking that isn’t 1:1, head pointing one way and eyes in another, in a racing car? No thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Trackir?
    By Pete Gaimari in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-11-2017, 21:29
  2. TrackIR
    By JO Simracing in forum Third-Party Apps & API Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-10-2017, 20:45
  3. Question about TrackIR
    By seek in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-12-2016, 15:20
  4. Trackhat / TrackIR
    By bcicciar in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 03:53
  5. TrackIR with PS4
    By TrueNOS2 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-12-2015, 19:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •