Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRACKIR 5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    I had one of the first ones in 1999 and used it for flight simulators. It’s a 20 year old solution to a problem that doesn’t exist anymore.
    I respectfully disagree, because
    - VR is about 5x as expensive as TIR
    - VR doesn't let you see your wheel/controller/keyboard
    - VR offers less graphics quality
    - VR requires a high-end PC

So for people who would like more natural head movement in-game but for example cannot afford a VR set, TIR is still a good choice. Yes it takes some getting used to but if you set it up correctly then moving your head while keeping your eyes on the screen isn't as strange/bad/awkward as it may sound.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Shepard2603, SwiftyOne

Platform
    PC
    i am glad i read this before getting Trackir i never realized until now that i would have to move my head but not my eyes ( stupid ! ) , well its not for me then just saved some cash !!
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
    You can set it up to how much you move your head until the slightest head movement where you don't even notice you moved your head at all I could not race now without it
    Swifty, the 1990s just called. They want you back.
    The following user likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya

Platform
    PC
    Hello guys
    Thought I would put a post in here since it's about Trackir 5 Sorry if this sounds an n00bish question but my hat clip is getting old and the infrared reflecting tape is not working as it used to What, and where, can I find IR reflecting tape? Will any reflecting tape work in the IR spectrum? Or is this a special type of tape?... Thanks for any help
    Swifty \0/
    I think that any reflective tape will work, although you'll probably have to take care of other lightsources in your room to not interfere. A quick "infrared reflective tape" web search does yield a few hits, so you could try to buy some online and see if it works (though you could try your local DIY store or car parts supplier as well, reflective tape for cars seems quite common).
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following user likes this Post: SwiftyOne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    Swifty, the 1990s just called. They want you back.
    Not everyone has the resources or hardware to go VR.

Besides, the long-term effects of wearing VR goggles for prolonged time are not known yet, but I'm afraid the we will be unpleasantly surprised in a couple of years...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    I think that any reflective tape will work, although you'll probably have to take care of other lightsources in your room to not interfere. A quick "infrared-reflective tape" web search does yield a few hits, so you could try to buy some online and see if it works (though you could try your local DIY store or car parts supplier as well, reflective tape for cars seems quite common).
    Thanks, Sankyo, So, just ordinary reflecting tape should be good? it cost so little to buy, it won't hurt to try it...
    Nice to speak to you again hope you are well?
    Swifty

Platform
    PC
    Thanks, Sankyo, So, just ordinary reflecting tape should be good? it cost so little to buy, it won't hurt to try it...
    Nice to speak to you again hope you are well?
    Swifty
    All well here, thanks

If it doesn't break the bank then some experimenting with reflecting tape will be interesting . The TIR software, especially the actual camera image, will show you how well it works i.e. how well the reflectors are visible with the new tape.