Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TRACKIR 5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
    You can set it up to how much you move your head until the slightest head movement where you don't even notice you moved your head at all I could not race now without it
    thanks swifty, I think I will give trakir a go cause I like my tracks in high def and all I want to do is turn my head far enough to look out side mirrors or roof mirror in some old 512 Ferrari. can I do this comfortably in your opinion? thanks, Tim

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    thanks swifty, I think I will give trakir a go cause I like my tracks in high def and all I want to do is turn my head far enough to look out side mirrors or roof mirror in some old 512 Ferrari. can I do this comfortably in your opinion? thanks, Tim
    You can setup your own profile using the trackir software, you have control of 6 degrees of freedom, here is there website: https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/trackir5/
    look at the top right is the "Help" tab, click this and there is a forum there too...As already said, it's the best thing after VR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've been using trackir for years. In fact I am still using a Track IR 3 unit.

Once you are used to it, it feels very "normal". It's amazing what the human brain does.

There were experiments carried out where a person was given a pair of goggles that flipped everything upside down. Within hours the brain had flipped it all back and the person saw it all as "normal". Likewise when using trackir the whole thing becomes very natural.

The trick in PCARS is to get the centering and curve right. You should still be using your eyes for most of the driving and only having to turn your head to track the apexes of the tighter turns. I have turned off horizontal and vertical movement, that way I stay centered in the cockpit and don't get offset left or right or up and down if I shift in my chair.

Admittedly it is not for everyone. I have seen people turn green with motion sickness when having a go with what I have.

The beauty of TR is means you don't have wear anything other than a cap with the reflectors and driving a simulated car is very linear so you tend to be looking straight ahead or only slightly off line to check mirrors etc.

It is certainly a cheaper option than VR and if all you want is to use it in a race game then it is perfect for that. Who wants to look around at the scenery when hurtling down a track at 300kmh? Eyes on the road right?
    Xbox1 X, Logitech G920 + Shifter with GTEYE Clutch/Brake/Accelerator pedal mods, Next Racing Wheel Stand, LG 43inch 1080P dedicated.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, SwiftyOne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweg View Post
    It is certainly a cheaper option than VR and if all you want is to use it in a race game then it is perfect for that. Who wants to look around at the scenery when hurtling down a track at 300kmh? Eyes on the road right?
    Of course, VR in race sims is for more than just looking at the scenery (which, given the lower resolution of VR, is better done without it anyway ). What I understand from people using it is that it really gives you the feeling of being there, which makes judging where the car is and what it is doing much easier. So hitting braking points and apexes becomes easier and much more natural.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Of course, VR in race sims is for more than just looking at the scenery (which, given the lower resolution of VR, is better done without it anyway ). What I understand from people using it is that it really gives you the feeling of being there, which makes judging where the car is and what it is doing much easier. So hitting braking points and apexes becomes easier and much more natural.
    VR's binocular vision is a massive game changer. I can't even drive on a monitor now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, satco1066