Thread: Pedals sliding on carpet

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Pedals sliding on carpet

This isn't a problem with the game, but just hear me out. I have a thrustmaster 458 spyder wheel/pedal combo, and the pedals are sliding on my carpet when I play. Any suggestions to help stop it?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I mounted my pedals to a sizable piece of wood, which was measured so that it butted up to the wall, and the pedals were at the correct distance from my chair for correct placement. As I applied pressure to the pedals, the wood they were mounted to was already firmly against the wall, so the pedals were also firmly planted.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, sas5320, Sourlime14

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You can buy inch long spikes with threads on one end. If mounted to wood or something else, you can use this to place it into the carpet, poking through the carpet and padding down to the (probably) cement below. I found these when I was trying to stabilize a large set of speakers on my apartment carpeting years ago.

Search online for "speaker spikes" or "carpet spikes". I vaguely remember them being about a dollar. If you mount the pedals to a small piece of wood, this will keep them solidly in place and won't tear up your carpet.
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, Sourlime14

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Moved to off topic...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSandwich View Post
    You can buy inch long spikes with threads on one end. If mounted to wood or something else, you can use this to place it into the carpet, poking through the carpet and padding down to the (probably) cement below. I found these when I was trying to stabilize a large set of speakers on my apartment carpeting years ago.

Search online for "speaker spikes" or "carpet spikes". I vaguely remember them being about a dollar. If you mount the pedals to a small piece of wood, this will keep them solidly in place and won't tear up your carpet.
    +1 for screws into carpet same as speaker spikes
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz(@1.41v@84c)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 2TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ VR: Oculus Rift/ 2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    This was my first rough self made pedal stand some years ago.
    The black addition is not nescessary. Just drill holes to put in the rolls of the chair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	260707

but constantly evolved since then.
    All made with wood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2436.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	260710
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following 4 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem, JasonSandwich, Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Another idea is to go to your local hardware store and buy a section of plastic carpet runner (the one with the little points on the bottom) and affix it to your pedal cluster. Cheap and easy.