Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game glitching

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Game glitching

Took about a 5 month break from pc2. Played today and the game is unplayable. Same system and setup as before. I raced on Algarve, catalyuna, and brno. Every lap the ga e freezes for about .3 seconds. Usually in a corner and it's impossible to keep control. The whole screen locks. I have an Xbox x. Any other having this issue. I can't play the game now.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by thevilleky View Post
    Took about a 5 month break from pc2. Played today and the game is unplayable. Same system and setup as before. I raced on Algarve, catalyuna, and brno. Every lap the ga e freezes for about .3 seconds. Usually in a corner and it's impossible to keep control. The whole screen locks. I have an Xbox x. Any other having this issue. I can't play the game now.
    No issues at all. Possibly a corrupted update file. Try reinstalling the game
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    No issues at all. Possibly a corrupted update file. Try reinstalling the game
    Yep. Tried resetting Xbox and reinstalled the game. Same issue. Glitches about once per lap. Happens with as few as 8 ai. Whole screen locks, then about .3 seconds later it starts back up. Most times I'm off track by then. It will happen in the straights sometimes to. Seems to only be graphics freezing because the engine revs change during the freeze. I'll be coming up to a gear change, screen locks, then after it unfreezes the tac is bouncing off the limiter. Not sure if anybody else is having these issues. The game is almost unplayable. Basically have to plan on a horrible near crash corner every lap.
    The following user likes this Post: Jezza819

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Are all other games fine?

Have you tried completely disabling your internet connection and see if it changes?

Sounds like a corrupt save file. If you are willing to delete your console and cloud save. Id give that a try. I have not heard of anyone with an X having these issues.

Do you boot your system using Instant on or Power save mode?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    Something is definitely not right. Next to the suggestions above, how is the cooling of your system? Is nothing interfering with your XBox's internet connection or controller connection?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I use the tmx racing wheel, which I have for almost 2 years so I don't think it's the controller. Other games seem to run fine. I usually use quick start, which is why I did hard reset and reinstall. Xbox sits on top of a dresser with nothing really around it so cooling shouldn't be an issue. Maybe my hardrive is failing? It's super shitty I know that. I don't race online but I am connected to internet for other games. Maybe I'll try playing with the Xbox totally in off line mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Instant on from my experience causes multiple issues. Ive seen a bunch of network connectivity issues due to it as well. Id use powersave. Sounds like the install or save got corrupted. Play the game in offline mode(totally disconnect the xbox from the internet). If it works fine, I bet your cloud save got corrupted.

Either way, I wouldnt run instant on

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by thevilleky View Post
    Yep. Tried resetting Xbox and reinstalled the game. Same issue. Glitches about once per lap. Happens with as few as 8 ai. Whole screen locks, then about .3 seconds later it starts back up. Most times I'm off track by then. It will happen in the straights sometimes to. Seems to only be graphics freezing because the engine revs change during the freeze. I'll be coming up to a gear change, screen locks, then after it unfreezes the tac is bouncing off the limiter. Not sure if anybody else is having these issues. The game is almost unplayable. Basically have to plan on a horrible near crash corner every lap.
    Yep, I had the same thing last night. Exited that race and relaunched the game and it was fine but I only ran one race but this is the second time in about a week I've seen it.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    Yep, I had the same thing last night. Exited that race and relaunched the game and it was fine but I only ran one race but this is the second time in about a week I've seen it.
    Completely disconnect your xbox from the internet and see if it still happens.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you are in the Xbox Preview Program. It could be from that.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode