Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game glitching

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    If you are in the Xbox Preview Program. It could be from that.
    I'm not in that as far as I know. I didn't sign up for it or anything.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I experienced some slight graphical problems with The Division a couple updates ago. Now the build is nearing the end. My console is back running games smoothly. No more issues on The Division. I used that game as an example because I play it all the time. One of the Alpha Skip Ahead updates effected my Xbox One X performance. Now my console is running fine. Won't be long till everyone gets the fall update my console is running.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Don't know root cause but I've fixed it for now. Had to delete my local and cloud save. Lost everything, settings for fov, force feedback, all my setups. Totally shitty, but at least I can play without glitching now.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by thevilleky View Post
    Don't know root cause but I've fixed it for now. Had to delete my local and cloud save. Lost everything, settings for fov, force feedback, all my setups. Totally shitty, but at least I can play without glitching now.
    Corrupt saves are due to improper shut downs. Instant on doesnt help. Nor does just shutting the system down mid game. I always quit game, wait at the dashboard for a min. This allows the cloud save to upload. Treat it as a PC. Ive seen nothing but issues using instant on. Also causes havoc with networking stuff as well.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I never have had issues with instant on. I always back a game out to the furthest screen I can. I then go home to console dashboard. I then quit the game. Turn off the console. It takes no more then like 30 seconds for the TV screen to lose the signal. I figure it's syncing the cloud save during that time.

Never had no game give me issues using instant on.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I never have had issues with instant on. I always back a game out to the furthest screen I can. I then go home to console dashboard. I then quit the game. Turn off the console. It takes no more then like 30 seconds for the TV screen to lose the signal. I figure it's syncing the cloud save during that time.

Thats because you are shutting it down correctly. I am talking about for the people who just shut the console off midgame. Then continue where they left off
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1 X

I do that with both games and apps. Ever since I heard that just exiting games & apps without quitting first filled the cache up or something like that. But that was when I had the regular Xbox One but I still quit first with the X.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, nissan4ever

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    I do that with both games and apps. Ever since I heard that just exiting games & apps without quitting first filled the cache up or something like that. But that was when I had the regular Xbox One but I still quit first with the X.
    Yea its a good habit to close the game before shutting down.

When I was using instant on, I would have some quirky network issues. NAT would go strict/moderate even though all my settings, static IP etc were correct. After some research, I found that it was due to the Instant on. Started using power save mode and had rock solid network connections ever since.

I am no Software engineer nor do I know how the saving process works internally with the Xbox OS or games. But think of this scenario. You are playing a game with Instant On. You shut the system off and the cloud save did not finish for some reason. Next time you turn your system on, the game you were playing needs an update. Game updates, now your game is not working correctly. (corrupted save) Is it possible, the game started to save the file pre patch, then you got an update and that does something do the save file since the data is now possibly different? Just a thought but I treat the Xbox like a PC and generally I have little to no issues.

I am starting to see some gameplay degradation on my One S with newer games. Dropped frames, slight pauses etc in games like Madden 19, Horizon 4, basically anything that came out recently. My X on the other hand, flawless

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Here is a video clip I made of the freezing issue. It happens just a few seconds away from the end. Now that I think I might can record it I'll try to get a better recording next time it happens. Right after it occurred and the screen unfroze, my wheel had no FFB at all. I had to restart the game and my wheel before everything returned to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl6tOlCqAw

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What mode were you playing? Online, Custom race etc...