Thread: Is there a quicker way to test setups?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Is there a quicker way to test setups?

At the moment I tune in a private practice session. I set up my initial tune and then I have to drive out of the pits, complete a few laps to get up to temperature, then do a few hot laps and try to catch a glimpse of the telemetry. I feel there must be a better way. I'm wasting so much time trying to get up to temperature and even when I do I can only get a vague impression of the telemetry as I go around the track. There must be a better way.

Is there a way to skip the out lap and warming up and just do a hot lap?

Is there a way to review telemetry data after doing a lap? (i.e. not just glance at telemetry data while also trying to drive the lap.)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Time trials start with heat in the tires if you don't mind getting on the leaderboards with experimental-setup times.

Since the races start with heat in the tires, I think it would be good for practice runs to at least have the option of starting the same.

I don't find cold-tire laps particularly useful.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    What I do, is I'll do a custom race, and set Number of AI to zero, the tires start warm and at pressure so your good to go at the start.
    RacingSimTools.com : Owner
    PC2Tuner, Car Tuning Software - https://www.racingsimtools.com/product-page/pc2tuner
    Tuning Discord :https://discord.gg/w2MeTey
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Jussi Karjalainen, Mowzer

Platform
    PC
    There are some telemetry applications available here: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps/

They don't give you everything, and make MoTeC seem like it was a goddess, but you can get some data.
    Game-Rig: Intel i7 4770S | eVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix | Asus Z87-A | BenQ Zowie XL2730 | Microsoft Windows 10 | Logitech z5500 5.1 Digital | Thrustmaster TS-PC | Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro | Thrustmaster TH8A | Natural Point Track IR 4 | Playseats Evolution
    Server: Intel L5639 Xeon | Asus P6T | 12GB Corsair Vengeance | 128GB Crucial SSD | CentOS 7.4 | Linux Kernel 4.14 | pCars˛ Dedicated Server: Beale St. Blues | Steam: Visceral_Syn

The following user likes this Post: hkraft300